What's new

Worst cigar of 2017.

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Chuck, shops shouldn't sell cigars that are not ready or representative of what they should be. I do not return to shops where I have bought bad cigars especially when I've had them either before or after and they where fine. Even the couple of shops I visit regularly I ask how long they have had them or if they know how the cigar is smoking.
I see your point but ultimately it's up to the customer. The customer may prefer them young. Like you I ask how long a shop has had something.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Oh, I totally get where you're coming from, but unless you worked in retail in some form, it's easy to give the average consumer way too much credit... Most are not like us. I kinda agree with y'all, but I bet he's making the smart decision to save himself some grief.
Thanks, glad someone sees it.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Oh, I totally get where you're coming from, but unless you worked in retail in some form, it's easy to give the average consumer way too much credit... Most are not like us. I kinda agree with y'all, but I bet he's making the smart decision to save himself some grief.
If I had a dollar for every knowledgeable B&M worker....

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Also lounges don't survive by hiding cigars and only releasing them to people they feel will appreciate them.

Financially, a terrible business move.

That is all :)
That would be true, but I doubt he has a crate of them, like he said he has singles out. If he put them out, then be gone shortly, and he'd have complainers. At least based on all the feedback I've seen.. Damn I can't believe you mofos like to argue even more than me.. ;)

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
That would be true, but I doubt he has a crate of them, like he said he has singles out. If he put them out, then be gone shortly, and he'd have complainers. At least based on all the feedback I've seen.. Damn I can't believe you mofos like to argue even more than me.. ;)
No arguing

Just conversating ;)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Most shop owners should know how a cigar smokes. He's had them before and knows when a box isn't ready to smoke. If your shop owner doesn't know this then maybe you're using the wrong shop. There is a difference between a cigar that I don't appreciate the taste and a cigar that just isn't ready. I thought that was what we where discussing.

You go to a shop and buy the last cigar in a box, the owner opens a fresh box for you so you can buy a 2nd, one of them you enjoy, the other sucks. who's fault is it? Should he tell you the new box came in yesterday? or just sell you the cigar.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Most shop owners should know how a cigar smokes. He's had them before and knows when a box isn't ready to smoke. If your shop owner doesn't know this then maybe you're using the wrong shop. There is a difference between a cigar that I don't appreciate the taste and a cigar that just isn't ready. I thought that was what we where discussing.

You go to a shop and buy the last cigar in a box, the owner opens a fresh box for you so you can buy a 2nd, one of them you enjoy, the other sucks. who's fault is it? Should he tell you the new box came in yesterday? or just sell you the cigar.
This would only work if the smokers palate was similar to the owners.

Jussayin

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

That's why you ask. The thing is a cigar that is ready to you or I may be blown out or to young to the next guy.

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The real topic that I was trying to discuss was holding cigars only for people who you "feel" will appreciate them....

That's just funny to me
You may feel that I like drew estate but you'd be wrong and I'd buy an opus. Unless you we're holding them behind the counter because you didn't FEEL I would enjoy it

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The shop I visit has an "owner's humidor" things that have been saved and cherished over the years. I've never gotten to explore it but I know people that have!! I understand that prices in that humidor are negotiated, not listed!

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
S
The shop I visit has an "owner's humidor" things that have been saved and cherished over the years. I've never gotten to explore it but I know people that have!! I understand that prices in that humidor are negotiated, not listed!
Sorta like the VIP room at the strip club. Take them for all you can. Call it special don't list prices just negotiate