What's new

Worst cigar of 2017.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Big let down lists based on hype/praise:
Black Honey - I don't understand how El Oso and La Colmena can go so wrong. Huge disappointment but not actually the worse.

Bishops Blend - I believe people enjoyed them, I didn't at all.

Tatuaje The W hore - Maybe I need to try another but I didn't get much out of it.

Tatuaje The Jackal - Even worse Single Store Exclusive experience.

Tatuaje Regio Reserva 2017 - The broadleaf wrapper has to be different from what it once was. What happened to that glittered speckled wrapper.

Tatuane
Tatuaje Saints and Sinners 2016 No. 2 - Straight up plugged no helping it.

All Out Kings - Not a Caldwell fan whatsoever but I like a lot Willys blends.

Velvet Rat
Andalusian Bull

Worse cigar was either Padilla Cazadores Robusto - like Pine Sol.
Or SnS 16 No.2 for horrible technical performance.

Transmitted via my fairly new Samsung Galaxy S8+ on Korea's LG Uplus Mobile Network using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Top 3 lets downs for me this year (and i gave all of them sveral chances)

LFD air bender - plugged so tight that i could have put it through a blender and it would have still been to tightly packed. 2 cigars from different vendors.

Laranja - Tasted like a camel had pissed in my mouth.... twice.

Warped Maestro del Tiempo - just blah. Not good, not bad just a blah smoke. I love all his other stuff but not this one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Black honey was alright but easily the worst for me this year. At first thought it was good but it wasn't worth the aggravation to get it. Ended up sending the rest to friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I think my biggest disappointment of the year was the Garcia & Garcia. Just tasted like a stronger mf, and Im not crazy about them to begin with. Didnt like the Judge either.
As for the black honeys, I put the bundles my shop got in behind the counter to age for a while before they go on the shelf, in hopes theyll improve. I just cant bring myself to recommend them over the 44

FTBMelanie

Melanie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my biggest disappointment of the year was the Garcia & Garcia. Just tasted like a stronger mf, and Im not crazy about them to begin with. Didnt like the Judge either.
As for the black honeys, I put the bundles my shop got in behind the counter to age for a while before they go on the shelf, in hopes theyll improve. I just cant bring myself to recommend them over the 44

I agree on the Garcia y Garcia and the Judge. Didn't like either of them. But I do like other My Fathers. These2 were major let downs for me.

The black honeys were out too soon!

FTBMelanie

Melanie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big let down lists based on hype/praise:

Black Honey - I don't understand how El Oso and La Colmena can go so wrong. Huge disappointment but not actually the worse.

Agree

Bishops Blend - I believe people enjoyed them, I didn't at all.

I liked Bishops Blend so don't agree with this

Tatuaje The W hore - Maybe I need to try another but I didn't get much out of it.

Only smoked one but wasn't a fan.

Tatuaje The Jackal - Even worse Single Store Exclusive experience.

Smoked 2 wasn't a fan

Tatuaje Regio Reserva 2017 - The broadleaf wrapper has to be different from what it once was. What happened to that glittered speckled wrapper.

I liked it

Tatuane
Tatuaje Saints and Sinners 2016 No. 2 - Straight up plugged no helping it.

Mine wasn't plugged

All Out Kings - Not a Caldwell fan whatsoever but I like a lot Willys blends.

Did not like

Velvet Rat

Didn't like either

Andalusian Bull

Didn't like either

Worse cigar was either Padilla Cazadores Robusto - like Pine Sol.

Didn't try and glad I didn't

Or SnS 16 No.2 for horrible technical performance.

I liked it

Transmitted via my fairly new Samsung Galaxy S8+ on Korea's LG Uplus Mobile Network using Tapatalk

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree on the Garcia y Garcia and the Judge. Didn't like either of them. But I do like other My Fathers. These2 were major let downs for me.

The black honeys were out too soon!

The bijou is a great smoke in my opinion. I agree I expected more from the judge

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Why not put the bundles out for the customers to get when they want them?

Some might prefer them fresh, just seems selfish to keep them hidden when people are on the search for those

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

Some might prefer them fresh, just seems selfish to keep them hidden when people are on the search for those
Probably just doesn't want to hear people complaining and disappointed. Retail is tough and the general public are frustrating. There's been enough feedback to see that as a pontentially wise course of action.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0

I still have a few singles on the shelf but theyre not moving at all. My shop gets mostly college kids and Acid smokers, so most people at my store arent looking for the htf stuff. I keep the Feral Pigs under the shelves too, if I think a customer will appreciate it I tell them we have it. Same with the black honeys, if someone wanted to buy a bundle I wouldnt say no, but as they are now I dont recommend them, especially not over the number 44, that cigar is amazing.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I still have a few singles on the shelf but theyre not moving at all. My shop gets mostly college kids and Acid smokers, so most people at my store arent looking for the htf stuff. I keep the Feral Pigs under the shelves too, if I think a customer will appreciate it I tell them we have it. Same with the black honeys, if someone wanted to buy a bundle I wouldnt say no, but as they are now I dont recommend them, especially not over the number 44, that cigar is amazing.
So you only release certain cigars to customers if "you feel" they will appreciate it?

That's some bad business moves imo, a paying customer should get what they desire wether you think they will appreciate it or not ...

But that's just my opinion

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Chuck, shops shouldn't sell cigars that are not ready or representative of what they should be. I do not return to shops where I have bought bad cigars especially when I've had them either before or after and they where fine. Even the couple of shops I visit regularly I ask how long they have had them or if they know how the cigar is smoking.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Chuck, shops shouldn't sell cigars that are not ready or representative of what they should be. I do not return to shops where I have bought bad cigars especially when I've had them either before or after and they where fine. Even the couple of shops I visit regularly I ask how long they have had them or if they know how the cigar is smoking.
And who's palate is used to determine this?

Curious