What's new

Worth it to go to Cuba? Questions...

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
R U interested in answers or just want me to chase nonsensical questions? I go on cruises to read books...c'mon man. I'll try and give you good advice but if you aren't wanting it then don't act like you want it or you can take your cruise and stay/sleep in the bathroom or inside cabin off the fantail and feel the constant vibrations of the rudders. I stay in the balcony and mini suites which is a bit nicer than the inside prison cabins...but some prefer those and some prefer eating buffet slop too.... so the cruise experience is different for everyone.
Oh no I’m good, I’ve cruised on a few lines and I enjoyed carnival the most. I’m a people person :)

And as far as cabins go, we only go to our cabin to sleep and change over.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Horizon. Its brand new and totally awesome. The BBQ restaurant was quite good, excellent pulled pork and prime rib ($8 and $10 upcharges respectively) and the nachos, my God...delicious and only $4. The BBQ restaurant also serves new craft brews that they brew on ship. The Farmhouse Ale and Amber that I drank were both solid. Not among the best I've ever had, but certainly better than Coors Light. They have a new seafood place on the back of the boat that serves excellent fried shrimp ($6 upcharge, totally worth it) and excellent crab legs (1 lb, $19 upcharge.) The burgers were tasty (and free) the burritos were a step below Qdoba, but still very good (and free) and the pizza was solid (also free.) The dinners in the dining room were extremely comparable to anything I had on Viking in October. So I'm just not getting the food being bad aspect. We picked up a couple things from the buffet that were "meh" for lunch, but thats about the extent of the forgettable food.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol y'all are crazy.
Anywayyyyyy. So here's what I came up with.
Staying either downtown or on el malecon first 3 nights. Then 3 nights at a resort on Varadero beach, then back to Havana last 2 nights. I guess either el malecon or downtown. All Airbnb except the resort.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir! Hopefully I can snag some of the good stuff to bring back. My suitcase is going to be packed like tetris

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahahahaha you guys almost convinced me. ALMOST.
I think I'd rather take a cruise down the Mississippi in a homemade raft after all the comments I read.

Similar prices? Are you sure? You'll have to PM me about where you order then.
Here's the current price list for Cuba: yulcigars.blogspot.com

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Lol, im sure you can figure it out eventually with time. Its a learning process.

Either way, have fun down there! When i go i plan on stopping by La Floridita and the new Cohiba lounge and thats it. The rest of the time ill spend buying custom rolls and smoking with random people.

The luxury of the native tongue is a plus.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some people are just too snobby to cruise with “Walmart” shoppers .... lololololololol
You missed the point but I expected that...enjoy yourself on the Walmart Cruise....I'm sure you'll enjoy your people...maybe you can shop in their Walmart Cruise-wear section and be fashionable before you board the ship....please post pics.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
You missed the point but I expected that...enjoy yourself on the Walmart Cruise....I'm sure you'll enjoy your people...maybe you can shop in their Walmart Cruise-wear section and be fashionable before you board the ship....please post pics.
I hope they cancel bingo completely on your next cruise. And I hope they run out of coffee. Cheers :)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hope they cancel bingo completely on your next cruise. And I hope they run out of coffee. Cheers :)
No doubt your next cruise will be having dinner off a $hithouse door on a Tuna boat. I never play bingo on any cruise as I'm too busy on the tours and enjoying other things. People take cruises for different reasons...their money...their cabins and so forth but to take a crappy cruise on a crappy Cruise Line is mystifying to me but it's their dime and some people love going to Vegas and losing thousands of dollars and staying up 24 hours at a time and getting drunk the whole time....as long as I don't have to share space with them I don't really care. Ya think we've exhausted this now? I still want you to take a buttload of photos after you get back....I'll be needing a good laugh by then.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
No doubt your next cruise will be having dinner off a $hithouse door on a Tuna boat. I never play bingo on any cruise as I'm too busy on the tours and enjoying other things. People take cruises for different reasons...their money...their cabins and so forth but to take a crappy cruise on a crappy Cruise Line is mystifying to me but it's their dime and some people love going to Vegas and losing thousands of dollars and staying up 24 hours at a time and getting drunk the whole time....as long as I don't have to share space with them I don't really care. Ya think we've exhausted this now? I still want you to take a buttload of photos after you get back....I'll be needing a good laugh by then.
Just come along! I’ll show you how to interact with other humble fun Cruisers :)

First drink is on me! Or if you’re feeling adventurous we can do a shot of patron

Lmk :)