What's new

Worth it to go to Cuba? Questions...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I use the category "Support for the Cuban People", do I have to give them a copy of my schedule day by day, and it has to be complete?? That seems a little asinine.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So if I use the category "Support for the Cuban People", do I have to give them a copy of my schedule day by day, and it has to be complete?? That seems a little asinine.
You expected something different??

This came up on Google. Seems like the big thing is you cannot support the GAESA businesses and you can document with receipts and itineraries.
Lots of fun things allowed including meeting with local farmers, dance clubs, and small business people. Looks like local tobacco manufacturers are included in the "can do" list

https://www.viahero.com/travel-to-cuba/support-for-the-cuban-people

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow that is a little crazy. I guess I can't stay at any of the hotels lol oh well. Airbnb it is.
I think I'm just a little confused on the full itinerary. Are they going to nitpick every single minute I spend? I can print out something basic and save my receipts...but damn.
Also, best option is to bring Euros and exchange for CUC at the airport, or...?
Bought tickets today. Anybody else going to be there in July?

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Oh wow that is a little crazy. I guess I can't stay at any of the hotels lol oh well. Airbnb it is.
I think I'm just a little confused on the full itinerary. Are they going to nitpick every single minute I spend? I can print out something basic and save my receipts...but damn.
Also, best option is to bring Euros and exchange for CUC at the airport, or...?
Bought tickets today. Anybody else going to be there in July?
I’ve heard not to use American currency or credit cards as you will be charged extra fees

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I know we just have to do 1 excursion that's at least 4 hours to fulfill the requirements. We picked a cigar, rum and arts tour. Rest of the time is ours. We are only there 1 full day and overnight though.

As far as currency, I read if you change out US $ you get charged about 13% in fees. No charge to exchange Euros. It all comes down to the $ to Euro exchange rate when you go to which is better. We are headed to Europe in 2 weeks so I'll just use the Euros I have left when we go in August.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm willing to bet there is a fairly large "grey market" for Americans traveling to Cuba. If you look there are probably guide services that can answer your questions and book the necessary interactions.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Condescending more like but straightforward can travel in any direction...as long as we're aware of the rules and no harm no foul, right?
They are piles. Very few have interiors and none have the original power train. The majority of the body on most of them is made of bondo. However, they are fun as hell to ride in when you're drunk and obnoxious. Why so salty anyways?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Hey Chuck, where you on this Carnival cruise?

Footage shows Carnival cruise flooding with water due to issue with fire system

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/footage-shows-carnival-cruise-flooding-with-water-due-to-issue-with-fire-system/ar-AAwKW8C?li=BBnb7Kz

They where lucky, on my cruise with Carnival is was raw sewage cascading down the hall my room was on. Never again on Carnival
No I’ve never had a bad experience with Carnival.

Cruise ships aren’t made to be 100% accident free tho.

Plates fall out of the sky and people die, doesn’t stop you from flying....

Just gotta go on a cruise you enjoy. The shit floods can happen on any vessel. Someone probably flushed something they weren’t supposed to down the shitter

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So can anyone confirm that I can't stay at any hotels? Or recommend me a nice airbnb or somewhere to stay? I'm thinking 3 days in Havana, 3 on a beach (varadero or??), and 1 day up in the air.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have cruised on almost every Cruiseline...at least 25 under my belt. Carnival is probably one of the worst and I've been on them at least 6 times from 1996 to 2012. The food is horrible unless you eat at the Specialty Restaurants....the caliber of people who come aboard is Walmart type...there is a reason they are the cheapest priced cruise line. If one insists on using them then do some research...read a lot of reviews on each ship. There is a way to enjoy them but you have to know from previous experience on how to make use of each Cruise Ship. If you love kids running the halls all day and night.....if you love teens running lose in the main areas of the ship as they bump into you ....if you enjoy a lot of drunk people stumbling around all day and night....if you want to risk getting the Noro Virus then eat EVERY meal in the buffet.....if you enjoy watered down drinks in the bars....then Carnival is for you. #keepinitreal

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Lol some people will complain about everything

I hope I’m a more humble old man in the future :)

I guess that’s why they have those old folk Viking cruises lololololololol

Plz pass the salt