What's new

Worth it to go to Cuba? Questions...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha no thanks. I got norovirus in Pereira, Colombia last year, and I thought I was going to die. Never been that sick in my life.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The article I cited did reference that you could help you with accommodations. May be worth another look

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey you're just young. When you get older, like some of us, boring isn't too bad. Quiet is a good thing. Keeping our shirts on is doing everyone else on the boat a favor

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Hey you're just young. When you get older, like some of us, boring isn't too bad. Quiet is a good thing. Keeping our shirts on is doing everyone else on the boat a favor
Eh, I enjoy socializing... some don’t. I guess that’s where things differ. It’s great to meet new people tho.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lol some people will complain about everything

I hope I’m a more humble old man in the future :)

I guess that’s why they have those old folk Viking cruises lololololololol

Plz pass the salt
You aren't humble now so why would you expect to be one when you're old? You sound like the typical Carnival Cruisers with the striped shirts and plaid pantalones...probably the same guy who picks up the tongs in the buffet line and then tosses it handle first back into the food bowl and my all time favorite....takes their fingers and licks them and then grabs the tongs and grabs some food without using the tongs. Purell and sanitizing ....nahhhh.....don't need it, right? Yep....I'll take Viking anyday where the food is great....they go to amazing places unlike Carnival that hosts people who get into fights on almost every cruise....thugs who cut in lines...people get drunk daily....yep....I complain about BS like that but as people say....to each their own and you enjoy those cruises, Chucky.;)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
also @Cigary43 what are your thoughts on the Dominican Republic? Ill be there in less than 4 weeks and wanted to now your thoughts :)
Been on the Western Caribbean cruises and Mexico about 6 times...Panama Canal 2 times. LMK what ports you'll visit and I can tell you what to do there...the problem with most cruise lines is they take you into the tourist ports with cheap trinkets...crapola....with fake cigars. Be very careful where you eat....drink bottled water only...start looking at your tours and book them before you are on the boat...they'll mostly be booked before you get on ....so tick tock. Eat at the Specialty Restaurants at least twice...a good steakhouse and Italian. They will have one night of steak/lobster....order as many lobster tails as you want or can eat...I order at least 5. You can do this at any dinner every night...I order at least 3 shrimp cocktails....3 desserts.

If possible cruise the E. Caribbean.... much better and find one that includes Key West.

PM me for secrets that will save you money....tips and tricks I've learned over years that work and pretty much guarantee you'll have a great time...it's all about what you learn from as well as mistakes and success.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Eh... Carnival Cruses seem to have a bad reputation, especially with my friends that live in the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area. (The ships all dock here, they do a quite a few a year) Raw sewage puddles and cold onion sandwiches... no thanks.

I hear good about Royal Caribbean and Princess cruises however, and Viking cruises are supposed to be sweet, although everyone is like 65+.

But I'm a thug that cuts line and gets drunk daily, so being stuck on a floating prison island doesn't sound all that fun to me. Maybe I could just go intimidate the old people.

On Cuba, I know a gent in the UK that used to tour Americans through Cuba during the dark years, and my previous boss before he retired went to Cuba a lot during the dark years, and the "Grey" years. His plan during the current period was to take one of the approved hotels, book it and then book a real hotel in Euros. But he also had FU money to do whatever he wanted, so I'm sure that helped quite a bit.

ETA: Certain lines also have a "First Class" option that I hear is sweet. Its one of those if you have to ask type of things, so talk to your AMEX Travel rep if you are an AMEX card holder.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
haha, speaking of FU money, on our flight from Dubai to Male (Maldives) there was a Russian couple sitting next to us. The airport is small so we had to deplane on the tarmac with a stair type thing. Low and behold there was a guy in a suit, waiting to greet them with a G Wagon on the tarmac pre security, immigration, customs, etc. Im guessing he was in "imports and exports"

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Eh... Carnival Cruses seem to have a bad reputation, especially with my friends that live in the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area. (The ships all dock here, they do a quite a few a year) Raw sewage puddles and cold onion sandwiches... no thanks.

I hear good about Royal Caribbean and Princess cruises however, and Viking cruises are supposed to be sweet, although everyone is like 65+.

But I'm a thug that cuts line and gets drunk daily, so being stuck on a floating prison island doesn't sound all that fun to me. Maybe I could just go intimidate the old people.

On Cuba, I know a gent in the UK that used to tour Americans through Cuba during the dark years, and my previous boss before he retired went to Cuba a lot during the dark years, and the "Grey" years. His plan during the current period was to take one of the approved hotels, book it and then book a real hotel in Euros. But he also had FU money to do whatever he wanted, so I'm sure that helped quite a bit.

ETA: Certain lines also have a "First Class" option that I hear is sweet. Its one of those if you have to ask type of things, so talk to your AMEX Travel rep if you are an AMEX card holder.
We use Princess quite a bit because we have a ton of points.... Free Internet...free perks like laundry...cabin upgrades...etc. Cunard is amazing..QM 2 is awesome...HAL is good as long as the ship is newer or has been refurbed within a few years. Celebrity is very good as well...RCL is good but don't cruise on the older or small ones...they suck. Norwegian has crap food in the MDR...use the Specialty Restaurants instead.

BYOB ....it's easy. As far as older cruisers go...they usually stay in their cabins unless they are entered in the wheelchair and walker races....those grey hairs are serious about them and their Bingo!

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
We use Princess quite a bit because we have a ton of points.... Free Internet...free perks like laundry...cabin upgrades...etc. Cunard is amazing..QM 2 is awesome...HAL is good as long as the ship is newer or has been refurbed within a few years. Celebrity is very good as well...RCL is good but don't cruise on the older or small ones...they suck. Norwegian has crap food in the MDR...use the Specialty Restaurants instead.

BYOB ....it's easy. As far as older cruisers go...they usually stay in their cabins unless they are entered in the wheelchair and walker races....those grey hairs are serious about them and their Bingo!
So you take cruises to stay in the cabins?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So you take cruises to stay in the cabins?
R U interested in answers or just want me to chase nonsensical questions? I go on cruises to read books...c'mon man. I'll try and give you good advice but if you aren't wanting it then don't act like you want it or you can take your cruise and stay/sleep in the bathroom or inside cabin off the fantail and feel the constant vibrations of the rudders. I stay in the balcony and mini suites which is a bit nicer than the inside prison cabins...but some prefer those and some prefer eating buffet slop too.... so the cruise experience is different for everyone.