What's new

Your biggest cigar-related regret?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I would have to say not getting on this site sooner. Even though I was on as a guest for over a year I never posted as I was reading and learning.

The other thing was listening to ppl who had very little clue what they were talking about when it came to cigars that was one thing that almost pulled me from this hobby.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Not starting smoking cigars earlier
not getting into a industry that pays more so I can afford my new addiction to cc's....
Not having enough money for cc's
Not getting beads sooner

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Any Opus

I know there are many fans, so no offense. I have tried several sizes, just not my cup of tea, I guess. The craftsmanship and quality are top notch, but the flavor profile accompanied with the outrageous (and overhyped) price makes them a waste of $$ in my book.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Any Opus

I know there are many fans, so no offense. I have tried several sizes, just not my cup of tea, I guess. The craftsmanship and quality are top notch, but the flavor profile accompanied with the outrageous (and overhyped) price makes them a waste of $$ in my book.
At MSRP AND with 3 years= awesome. Anything else= meh.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Not buying that box of Dirty Rats last year, and not buying more UF-13s when cigar.com had 'em.

Not starting with a 28-bottle wineador in the first place. "The 16-bottle will be plenty!", said I.

Right.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Cool thread idea...

I bought a 15 ct herfidor, thinking that'd be enough storage when I first started. HA! Don't regret that, as I still have it. I do regret buying 3 different 100 ct and a couple 50 ct humis instead of just starting off with a Wineador from the jump. I wish I hadn't of started off buying Cbid junk, but that's how I found my way...so not a huge regret there, but certainly plenty of $ wasted. My biggest regret I suppose, is chasing LEs for as long as I did...only to come to the conclusion that many...MANY of them offered identical flavors, just in different vitolas and different packaging. Long passed that now and know the profiles I prefer and the marcas that offer them.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Smoked my first cigar, and went WAY too deep into cigars before I knew a single thing about them. Spent about $3k on crappy cigars, or WAY overpriced CC's, then proceeded to think that tap water would be ok to use to humidify. Stopped smoking for a little bit because of crazy hours at work, checked my humidor one weekend to discover the green mold had taken completely over. I lost every last cigar... I didn't smoke nor buy another cigar for a few years after that.

Once I did decide to get back into it, I did nothing but read, read and read some more about everything I possibly could before buying another cigar. During that time, I found this site, and spent hours and hours just reading all the old posts before I even signed up. Read darn near every post going back for a couple of years, heh. I wasn't about to throw away another $3k.

So, to sum that up, I regret using tap water, as well as the prices I paid and the cigars I bought, it was a waste of time, money and tobacco.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
My regrets that really stick out in my mind:

Minor- A few purchases of crappy cigars (who hasn't done that?)

Major- Passing up an opportunity to meet Pete Johnson and purchase an OR jar of blacks, when I was first starting out (because, why would anyone care to meet a manufacturer or pay over $6 for a cigar?! Said the dumbass)

Worst- Taking way too long to really understand the real brotherhood, and evolving from a hobby to a way of life. (I first thought it was all about bombing, then LEs, then CCs)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We all have our regrets but how else are we to learn about anything? Yes, there are cigars that once were really good but then my tastes changed and I stopped smoking that brand. What we should do is just try singles or 5 paks to ensure that if we like it...esp. smoking them after a few months we get a real sense of the taste...then buy a box. Cigars can be expensive so it makes sense to start a file folder for those cigars we know we like....find the Vendors that seem to sell them at a better pricing....and develop a relationship with those that have what you like and a lot of times you can get a percentage off.