What's new

Your first concert?

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
First: Question Mark and the Mysterians. "96 Tears"

Best: "Johnaton Sinclair Concert" in Ann Arbor, MI. Best performance- John and Yoko at 2 AM. Concert started at 9 PM and the last song was at 4 AM the next morning. What a night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking place in Ann Arbor, the benefit featured Phil Ochs, Stevie Wonder, Allen Ginsberg, Bobby Seale, and the main attraction, John Lennon and Yoko Ono

Last edited:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Wow! Some of you all saw some great concerts for first timers. The Byrds, foghat, and all the other classics.

Mine was either Metallica or Van Halen, i dont' remember which due to that being in the really fuzzy time of my life due to all the hallucinogens. I passed up Pink floyd during that time...twice!!!! I'm such an idiot!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Metallica and ACDC at the Forum in LA 1989 was my first non-supervised concert. I was 15.

Before that my uncle took me to see Prince, and the openioing band was the Red Hot ChilePeppers. When the peppers cam on stage wearing only tube socks on thier Jocks, my uncle was ready to leave. Little did he know what a revoulutionary band the Peppers were going to be. He still swears they are all fairies.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eric Clapton at MSG in 1990...a few months later, Guns and Roses (Sound Garden opened), also at MSG...both great experiences. I was 15 at Clapton and 16 at GnR.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I saw Grand Funk Railroad at the Spectrum, some time way before the 80s.

I saw the Doobie Bros. in an outdoor venue in the early 70s, Rittenhouse Park, I believe.
I got to see Grand Funk before they became famous when they played at the Mt Holly Ski Lodge for summer gig's in '67 and '68. Every Friday and Saturday night during the summer. Holly , MI. Who'd a thought???

amgracing

///M POWERRR
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
first was Hootie and the Blowfish, my folks too us to the fair and little did we know they bought tickets too..the first concert i actually knew songs at was Toby Keith. My first concert without parents was Donovan Frankenriter and Ziggy Marley.. that was a smoke out haha i wont touch the shit but i prolly walked away high

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My first concert was Chicago with my folks.
The first unsupervised concert Bad Religion at the Gorge in Washington.
One of the most beautiful venues ever.
Seriously.