What's new

Your first concert?

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Neil Diamond with my parents and sister when I was 6 or 7 at the Anaheim convention center. 1st with out parental supervision was Cal Jam II (Man I'm old) I was 13 or 14. Earth Wind and Fire that same year at the Forum. World Music Festival a year or two later at the Coliseum Aerosmith, Van Halen (2 records in), UFO, Boomtown Rats - It was a scene. Other notables The Who with the Clash - Coliseum, Stones MGM Grand Garden, U2 LA Sports Arena, The Cult Hollywood Palladium, Judis Irvine Meadows, Metallica Irvine Meadows, Guns and Roses @ Celebrity theater Anaheim, Ramones, Sex Pistols both at the Hollywood Palladium, The Smiths @ Irvine Meadows, Maiden Irivine Meadows, Talking Heads and B52's Hollywood Bowl 1979, Stray Cats @ the Roxy 1982, Poncho Sanchez @ Fashion Island, Greenday @ the Palladium, The Damned @ the Palladium. I know I'm waxing on, but I love seeing and playing live music....

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Texxas Jam (July 1978) ... outdoor concert at the Cotton Bowl.
Started at 10am and finished at 11pm!

Walter Egan
Van Halen
Eddie Money
Atlanta Rhythm Section
Head East
Journey
Heart
Ted Nugent
Aerosmith
Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I think my first concert was Sonic Youth at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, around 1992. Pavement and Mudhoney opened. I still have the 70's-style 3/4-sleeve shirt I bought at the show (my wife uses it as a pajama top), complete with the giant "I BELIEVE ANITA HILL" slogan plastered across the back.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Joe Cocker at the Continental Safari near Philly. Late 60's as I recall
I saw Joe Cocker a couple of years ago at Summerfest in Milwaukee. We started out at the main stage watching the Foo Fighters, but the acoustics were so bad that we left and wandered around looking for a better show. We ended up at the stage where Cocker was playing (with a phenomenal band!), and were astounded by how good he was.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
First concert was in 4th grade, and it was the Moody Blues at the state fair. First unsupervised (and picked by ME!) concert was Ozzfest 2001, with black sabbath, Manson, linkin park, rob zombie, and too many more to name! It was one of the last concerts before they tore down Mile High Stadium.

TYLER

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Johnny Cash! In Watertown SD of all places. Me and a friend snuck in since it was in the high school auditorium, and we knew that building like the back of our hands since we lived across the street. Good Times.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Remembering Never and a bunch of locals.... many years ago. I wore a shirt and tie. It was a very strange experience, but the first time I went to something like a Hardcore show... Which has been a big part of my life ever since, albeit not so much the fake mosh wigger hipster scene kid metalcore that those bands were. The old stuff. Because in the context of hardcore, I am an old man at 23.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Saw some small bands and local stuff but my first real concert was NIN in 1994-95. Now that I think about it, the last concert I've been to was also NIN in '06.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pink Floyd at RFK Stadium in Philadelphia. First time I heard "Wish You Were Here" was at this concert with 120,000 people singing along with an acoustic guitar. Magic!