What's new

Your first concert?

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
The Rolling Stones with Santana and Iggy Pop. Great way to start my concert series.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
...... I passed up Pink floyd during that time...twice!!!! I'm such an idiot!
Funny....the one concert I still regret passing up most over 30 years later....Pink Floyd at Milwaukee County Stadium in 1977. Too expensive?!?!?! Tickets were probably $8 or $10 .... LOL....not really. WTF was I thinking

Found this set list from that show:

Sheep
Pigs On The Wing 1
Dogs
Pigs On The Wing 2
Pigs (Three Different Ones)
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Welcome To The Machine
Have A Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)
Encore:
Money

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
In 1967 my uncle took me to the Garrick Theater on Bleecker St. in Greenwich Village for my 10th birthday to see Frank Zappa and the Mothers. I think it was a great show but it was also my introduction to weed and wine so who knows it could have sucked. Either way I became a Zappa fan forever. My uncle was cool, he took me to a Grateful Dead show later that year where he introduced me to mushrooms. I can't believe the things that we did back then, I'd kill my kids if they even thought about it.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I want to say it was 1988. My Uncle took me see...........wait for it..........

MC Hammer. But wait, it gets even worse................

Vanilla Ice opened for him.

Jeffrey L.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I want to say it was 1988. My Uncle took me see...........wait for it..........
MC Hammer. But wait, it gets even worse................
Vanilla Ice opened for him.

Jeffrey L.
I think my uncle trumped your uncle.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
1968 - Steppenwolf - Born to Be Wild baby.
OMG U old goat..
Couple years later, 1973 In Oakland CA (Day on the Green)
Day On The Green #1: Leon Russell, Loggins and Messina, Elvin Bishop, Merry Clayton (August 5, 1973). .......

I don't think it was cigars we were smoking then.....

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
1st Concert was Jimmy Buffett when I was 8.

1st concert I truly remember was The Who when I was 14 I think. I saw them again when I was 16.

Also seen the Rolling Stones (1st show back on tour at Fenway), Creedence Clearwater (minus Fogerty unfortunately) twice, The Who again, Pearl Jam, Buffett again last year, Dropkick Murphys and a few others that aren't coming to mind.

I don't really listen to music from my "generation". :dunno:

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I think my very first concert was at the Missouri State Fair when I was like 6 or 7, maybe?? It was Chuck Berry. WAY past his time, in '81 or '82. He was drunk way past the point of beligerent. Before they even got started, I remember him cursing at his drummer, who happened to be caucasian. He said something to the effect of "Get this honky mother f**ker off my stage and get a brother up here!" ... I don't mean to be offensive, just quoting what he said. Sticks in your memory when you're that age, and hear that over a microphone in a big grandstand!!!!

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Pink Floyd- summer of 1968 at JFK in Philly. Free outdoor concert & was awesome. A thunderstorm was brewing they Floyd worked the thunder & lightning into their act. They got their set in. Then the rains came & the rest of the show was cancelled, so missed Procol Harum & The Who. OK, lots of people have seen Pink Floyd. Who here has seen Uncle Floyd?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KISS - Lick it Up tour at the Lakeland Civic Center, Lakeland, FL. Axe and Pat Travers opened. Great show! I've been a huge KISS fan since the late '70s and have seen them 17 more times since then. Always an awesome show!