What's new

2nds/Seconds/Overruns/Mistakes Guide

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PDR Overruns are pretty darn good. Ive never had any PDR to compare though.

nubchin

cigar dreamin 24h
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, this post is an old one but I was looking at JR and was wowed.
Those who look for bargains for Olivas and EPCs, just type "overruns" on the JR site NOW.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anybody tried the JDN factory selects from Famous?

Yes along with the Oliva and Rocky Patel versions too. The Oliva Habano was the best. All of them definitely need at least two to three weeks of rest before smoking them. I tried a RP a day after it showed up and it darn near split down the side. Few weeks later and no problems. They are good yard gars but not comparable to the better lines

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Me too. Maybe @problemsolverjc can assist?
Stupid question, but if the UC/Shade/9/T52 bundles are all billed as "Seconds", are the packs listed as "Bundles" just the DE Blue Ribbon or whatever the unlabeled sticks are called? They all seem to come in Toro, Robusto, Churchill, and Sixty(Gordo). I can't think of 9-10 DE lines that share those 4 vitolas (or 9-10 uninfused lines period).

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Let's see if I can help clear this up, seems to be the question of the day :)

Drew estate factory seconds are just that, seconds of regular production smokes. They exists in unico, lp9, t52, uc, and shade at least from what we got and I've seen online. Although I imagine that others were probably commercialized before the August 8th FDA drop dead date.

Factory bundles have NO brand affiliation from what I've been told. They are blends that were made using the tobaccos that are found in all of the other DE products. They are not infused, they are not seconds.

That's all I know from what I've seen and been told. Hopefully it helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So Tampa's canoe and burn all crazy too? :ccool:
I've smoked way too many of these and yeah, few of them burn and draw with issues, but for the most part, they're good. When they suck, they really suck LOL! But when they're good, they're good and I pretty much can't even look at a Tempus or Presado or even a Black Market anymore since I smoked the HELL out of them before I moved to Georgia..

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Just adding to an older thread that I think is a good one. I picked these up for $5 after CI sent me a $20 gift card. I actually wanted the ligero laced 2nds but they were out so I went with these when they said they were Olivas and this thread said Oliva O's. I like to pick up a bundle or 2 of 2nds during the real cold winters so if i wimp out its no big deal to pitch one halfway through. These are pretty good, but not as good as the ligero laced 2nds. Maybe with a couple of weeks to a month they will improve. I'll try to remember to update when I smoke more of them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you decode RP Factory Overruns Series? Series D, E, S, and OWR?
Having been different from RP 2nd Liga decoding, by careful observation Series E happens to be Edge.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you burned one yet?
Yes. The church.
How easily this conversation could be misunderstood...
Great thread though!
Could you decode RP Factory Overruns Series? Series D, E, S, and OWR?
Having been different from RP 2nd Liga decoding, by careful observation Series E happens to be Edge.
In first post shown below or are you asking something different?
Rocky Patel 2nds Liga decoding
A-Edge/Edge Maduro
B-Sungrown
C-Olde World Reserve
D-Decade
E-Indian Tabac Super Fuerte
F-Edge Light/Edge Light Maduro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How easily this conversation could be misunderstood...
Great thread though!

In first post shown below or are you asking something different?
Apparently, RP factory overruns series is NOT listed there. Besides, 2nd Liga and factory overrun belong to completely different categories. IMO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. Personally stopped smoking RP regularly a long time ago. Got sick of constantly changing blends while keeping the same brand mark.
Some overruns "may" be near identical to regular. But think about how many retailers always have them right beside regular production lines. Every factory can only produce so many cigars a year.
While this may not be the case with RP based on my personal experience many marked as seconds/overruns tend to be slightly tweaked or lower quality.
Typically using lower quality tobacco and rolled by lesser skilled workers. So the taste and construction vary. One tastes identical and the next one is muted to meh.
One draws fine and the next one tunnels or is tight.
At the end of the day all that matters is what you actually like.