What's new

A Proposition for All You Homerollers

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Another discussion was opened and I posted this there. Pasting it here in case anyone missed it.

@webmost, you're absolutely right. I made a promise for a timeline, and didn't deliver. Then I made more promises for more timelines, and I didn't deliver on those either. All my responsibility. All my fault. No excuses. I will have your cigars on the way back to you very soon, and will post the tracking number here as soon as I have it.

If anyone else wants to follow suit, I completely understand. For the cigars that have already shipped, it won't be easy to get them back, but I will try if that is what you want. This is all on me.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My gars came back home today. Huge Nerd is legit.

I submitted two batches. At least the one batch came back in the same bag in which I sent it, with the couple leaf scraps I stuck in to maintain humidibbiditty, and with the blend written on the bag, as well as the date rolled: August 2016. Oh my gawd they look tasty. Super plump mataloto fectos, bound & wrapped in Ec Hab Ligero. I might have to burn one this very night. The other five, fat bustos, look like I prolly formed them in Mak's mold; but no idea what nor when. Whatever they are, they're plenty aged now. Oh my gawd, just stuck my nose in that baggie and snurfed --- I might not be able to wait until tonight!

Now I get to bomb the Nerd. Snatched his nachos off the package. So... anyone know the guy, know what kinda gar he likes?

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
My gars came back home today. Huge Nerd is legit.

I submitted two batches. At least the one batch came back in the same bag in which I sent it, with the couple leaf scraps I stuck in to maintain humidibbiditty, and with the blend written on the bag, as well as the date rolled: August 2016. Oh my gawd they look tasty. Super plump mataloto fectos, bound & wrapped in Ec Hab Ligero. I might have to burn one this very night. The other five, fat bustos, look like I prolly formed them in Mak's mold; but no idea what nor when. Whatever they are, they're plenty aged now. Oh my gawd, just stuck my nose in that baggie and snurfed --- I might not be able to wait until tonight!

Now I get to bomb the Nerd. Snatched his nachos off the package. So... anyone know the guy, know what kinda gar he likes?
He smokes just about anything, haven't seen him post up in awhile... he's always on the leading edge of the new stuff though

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
No bombs, please. I am just trying to clean this up. Know this @webmost ... The 5er in the original bag was in my winodor this whole time. The other 5er was well traveled. From you to me to Denver to Indianapolis back to me then back to you.

Everyone... Some of the homerolls are boxed and on the way to reviewers. Thanks for participating.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
No bombs, please.
I think that's about what people said each morning in Dresden, Matt. Bitte keine bomben

About those five well traveled bustos: I sparked one yesterday. Beautiful flavor. Unfortunately, they were wrapped in that wretched H2k from last year which I never could get to burn. Crapped out on me halfway thru. Very tempted to hit one of those mataloto fectos today; but I can't risk falling behind on our ten-day sighted man schedule. I have no clue how you guys can claim to test two gars in a single day. Surely the first gar will muddy the second. No way round it. Plus, how would you ever rate either stinkfinger or morning mouth? Yet these are important elements of a rating, to me. Nope; I can see where a guy could enjoy two gars in a day; but I call BS on any guy who claims he can fairly rate two in a day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no clue how you guys can claim to test two gars in a single day. Surely the first gar will muddy the second. No way round it. Plus, how would you ever rate either stinkfinger or morning mouth? Yet these are important elements of a rating, to me. Nope; I can see where a guy could enjoy two gars in a day; but I call BS on any guy who claims he can fairly rate two in a day.
Good point. There are so many variables that could change the palate throughout the day. However, I do find smoking two different cigars at the same time can give some insight to flavor differences. Couple puffs from one then switch to the other. Back and forth. This way the palette is on the same playing field for both cigars. If I'm not mistaken the pro tasters compare blends this way.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Good point. There are so many variables that could change the palate throughout the day. However, I do find smoking two different cigars at the same time can give some insight to flavor differences. Couple puffs from one then switch to the other. Back and forth. This way the palette is on the same playing field for both cigars. If I'm not mistaken the pro tasters compare blends this way.
I'm sure the king of the double fist @Jay_Habanos will agree, and I've found that, the couple times I've double fisted, that it certainly does accentuate the flavors comparatively.

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I hardly ever review 2 cigars in the same day. When I have, I put as many hours in between them as possible. One in the morning and one at night. Usually only one review cigar per day for me though, and it will always be the first cigar of the day. I think most of our reviewers do the same.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Patience is a virtue, or some shit like that I think I heard once on an episode of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. The first cigar in the Home Roll series has gone through the blind review process. @Hopduro just so happens to be the first on the block. Here is the review
Ahhhhhh scary shit! Thanks @irratebass for the glowing review

Draw is definitely something I have improved on in the last 1.5 years

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk