What's new

AR-15 Build Thread

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I like how you think... The best kind of bad influence. The blackout will have to wait a few months but I may snag the lower in a week or two.
I think it's a must have. But definitely don't go too cheap on the barrel. Will have feed and cycling issues. Always pistol length gas for blackout. Ballistic advantage is the perfect balance of quality / value for a barrel. And really, blackout is best in pistol or sbr format. There's almost no advantage to a longer than 11.5 " barrel.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I think it's a must have. But definitely don't go too cheap on the barrel. Will have feed and cycling issues. Always pistol length gas for blackout. Ballistic advantage is the perfect balance of quality / value for a barrel. And really, blackout is best in pistol or sbr format. There's almost no advantage to a longer than 11.5 " barrel.
I was thinking no bigger than 10.5" barrel and that would be the build that finally gets me to file papers for a can. It would also get me to badger my mother to finally send me that reloading equipment of my deceased stepfather's that she has been promising otherwise I wouldn't be able to shoot it near as much as I would want to. I love the round, but I hate how hard it is to find locally and how much it costs.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I was thinking no bigger than 10.5" barrel and that would be the build that finally gets me to file papers for a can. It would also get me to badger my mother to finally send me that reloading equipment of my deceased stepfather's that she has been promising otherwise I wouldn't be able to shoot it near as much as I would want to. I love the round, but I hate how hard it is to find locally and how much it costs.
10.5 is perfect, but again you want quality cause those threads need to be dead on concentric. It is the ideal reloaders round, glad to share my data. but I also watch Psa & sga or set up a notify on ammo seek for federal suppressor subsonic.
Do it man. You'll be so glad you did, and wonder why you waited so long. It's the best thing ever. Lotta good first can options now, cosmic, hybrid, griffins multi, etc.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Pistol "stabilizer blade" came in today. All the local shops have sold out of lowers due to the recent panic buying. Met a local ffl at a cigar club meet up today that will order me a couple at cost so that was nice. Then I was browsing Instagram and stumbled upon this bill that is trying to be passed:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5087/text
I'm usually not a very political person, but I urge you all to contact your state representatives and fight this one.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Pistol "stabilizer blade" came in today. All the local shops have sold out of lowers due to the recent panic buying. Met a local ffl at a cigar club meet up today that will order me a couple at cost so that was nice. Then I was browsing Instagram and stumbled upon this bill that is trying to be passed:
I'm usually not a very political person, but I urge you all to contact your state representatives and fight this one.
Screw all of that, and everyone that sponsored it.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Damn.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
It shouldn't amaze me how uneducated the people are that are "leading" the country. If I was I'm charge I would enact my own version of The Purge where people like that were eliminated.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yeah! They don't deserve to live!
Yeah, I cringed at how that sounded too. But where I think he's coming from, is that it's a group of people who swore an oath (that I don't believe they did in good faith) and are jumping at the chance to break that over ridiculous and arbitrary designations and factors. That they don't even understand. It's a goulash of stupidity, treason, and insanity. It's pretty f'n frustrating. On the bright side it does lead to some funny stuff like the "ghost gun congressman in Cali, and the idiot state senator in, CO that thought gun magazines were" one time use"....

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Yeah! Just kill all those people! They don't deserve to live!
An over the top comment for sure made out of frustration. Basically what I'm trying to say is that the people that are in charge of these laws and regulation should know what they are talking about. If they don't, they don't belong in those positions. If you don't know what a barrel shroud is or does, or what purpose a muzzle device serves, you shouldn't be trying to enact legislation regarding it. I understand fear of the unknown, but before blindly banning something out of fear do something logical like research the subject.

I apologize for my off color comment. I wouldnt actually harm another individual unless my or my families life was on the line. It is really maddening how these ridiculous politicians are pushing agendas based on fear and not logic.

Last edited:

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yeah, I cringed at how that sounded too. But where I think he's coming from, is that it's a group of people who swore an oath (that I don't believe they did in good faith) and are jumping at the chance to break that over ridiculous and arbitrary designations and factors. That they don't even understand. It's a goulash of stupidity, treason, and insanity. It's pretty f'n frustrating. On the bright side it does lead to some funny stuff like the "ghost gun congressman in Cali, and the idiot state senator in, CO that thought gun magazines were" one time use"....
I really hope something doesn’t get through the federal legislature for gun control like our magazine ban here. Unfortunately I think it’s a prime time for it to happen as The president seems very open to gun control propositions at the moment.

I’d really like to pickup a couple more lowers, but at the moment it’s just not going to happen.

It’s a great time to join GOA or NAGR as the NRA seems to be willing to sell our rights down the river. And contact your reps. Unfortunately I already know where ours stand and they are all for something like the AWB.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I already know where ours stand and they are all for something like the AWB.
That is sadly accurate.

This thread took a hard left turn since I last visited, but here is my peace. You may be making statements like the purge statement in jest, sarcasm, whatever. Things like that, when they can be taken out of the context you intended, are a wet dream to those who wish to take away your rights. They take those types of statements, put them all over their propaganda and say we're all crazy. That we actually believe that. Be careful what you say, as the internet is an open forum for anyone who wants anything to be true.