What's new

BOTL Weight Loss Thread

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Update check.... How's everyone's progress coming along?
Down another 7lbs since my last post - weighed in at 216.8 this morning, which is the lowest I've been in 2 years easy.

Feeling good, taking things one day at a time, and not stressing off what the masses say. Follow my own feelings and plan, and it seems to be working.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Down 8 lbs total. And at least 1 belt notch. 192.5. Had a two week period there where I put a couple pounds back on. Have since knocked those back off.

Really cutting my carbs the last 2 weeks and sticking with high protein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Down 8 lbs total. And at least 1 belt notch. 192.5. Had a two week period there where I put a couple pounds back on. Have since knocked those back off.

Really cutting my carbs the last 2 weeks and sticking with high protein.
Be aware that if you have a heavier than usual carb day you might jump a couple pounds on the scale. It's just water weight though and it sheds right back off in a couple days. Used to freak me out after refeeds lol.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Be aware that if you have a heavier than usual carb day you might jump a couple pounds on the scale. It's just water weight though and it sheds right back off in a couple days. Used to freak me out after refeeds lol.
Thanks for the advice in this thread. Working on keeping my macros as close to your suggested percentages as possible.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for the advice in this thread. Working on keeping my macros as close to your suggested percentages as possible.

More than welcome! Don't be afraid to tweak the carbs and fats in the split a little if you think you need it. From the sounds of it though it seems like it's working out for you.
Just want to say props to all of you guys. Cutting over the summer is damn tough and your killing it. Keep up the great work fellas!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Was not feeling the workout today, so I added a mile to the end of my run. Feel better about it now.

Anyway, down 10.5 lbs, which is about 40% of my overall goal.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Officially started my cut this week which I plan to run through Halloween. Only going to be at a ~300 cal deficit but won't be eating back cals burned from running. I'm keeping my carbs up a bit to help me look a bit fuller and no so depleted. Plus it leaves room for a little beer Today's breakdown...

Cal - 1948
Macros - 194p/61f/110c - 44/31/25

Breakfast - 300cal

8oz Greek yogurt
1oz granola clusters

Lunch - 310cal

3 mozzarella stick
2 hard boiled eggs

Dinner - 378cal

8oz grilled chicken breast
1 serving carrots
1 serving broccoli
1 tbsp smart balance butter

Snacks - 940cal

3 scoops whey protein
2oz honey roasted peanuts
1 pint Weizenbock(oh yea!)

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
One thing that has really helped me is putting in all the food I plan to eat for the day into my fitness pal in the morning. That way I know where I stand, and can adjust things if the macros are way out of whack. Also if I need a snack because I feel hungry, I know what I can have to keep from going overboard.

Down 12 total lbs now.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Kudos on the progress gents!! Since joining this thread I haven't made an honest attempt at disciplining myself other than at least going to the gym. I have now finally decided to take that step rather than simply cutting calories, I've decided to take the IIFYM approach. Attempting to to eat clean while trying to hit my daily macro goals. Hopefully within the coming weeks with discipline and dedication I'll be posting about some positive results. On the side bar though I guess strength gains can be viewed as positive.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
One thing that has really helped me is putting in all the food I plan to eat for the day into my fitness pal in the morning. That way I know where I stand, and can adjust things if the macros are way out of whack. Also if I need a snack because I feel hungry, I know what I can have to keep from going overboard.

Down 12 total lbs now.

I do the exact same thing for the exact same reasons. Though if I'm really on point I do it at night before I go to bed. Just makes everything fall into place a lot easier. Keep up the great work!

Kudos on the progress gents!! Since joining this thread I haven't made an honest attempt at disciplining myself other than at least going to the gym. I have now finally decided to take that step rather than simply cutting calories, I've decided to take the IIFYM approach. Attempting to to eat clean while trying to hit my daily macro goals. Hopefully within the coming weeks with discipline and dedication I'll be posting about some positive results. On the side bar though I guess strength gains can be viewed as positive.

That's a real solid start. If your doing things right in the gym, eating right, and being consistent your going to see some nice results.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
@HIM I'm trying to finally give it an honest effort brother. Been a fat kid all of my life. A while back decided to lose the weight and join the Marine Corps and managed to stay fit for 7yrs. But then life gave me a call and I hit a low point and decided to try and find a smile at the bottom of an empty glass. With bad genetics that was a recipe for disaster. I quickly undid what I tried so hard to never let happen again. So I'm a two time "Loser," at this struggle lol. But to be honest this whole macro thing is a challenge and it's motivating me to clean up my nutrition. Hoping to see gains and losses brother.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hardest thing for me when I initially started paying attention to macros was keeping the carbs down. Finally seem to have that under control.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Just found this thread, figured I would share my experience.
I decided to start working out when I hit 220 pounds, at 6'2" and 20 years old, I decided it was time to care about myself.
I started by going to the gym and just messing around, burning 500 calories on the elliptical as fast as possible then doing some lifting. Not long after that I switched to the treadmill and trying to run a mile as fast as possible. When I started I was dying after a ten minute mile, within two months I was down to 7:30.
When the weather got nicer I started going to a local park with a fit trail, a network of workout stations connected by a running trail. GREAT full body exercise. I would o the fit trail in about a half hour and shoot around with a basketball for another hour. 7 Months after I started working out I had lost 50 pounds.
When I moved to phoenix, I got really into distance running and swimming. I would run a 5k, hit the pool for 250 meters, and hit the resistance bands for an intense 30 minute upper body set. Now that my resistance bands are broken and I don't have access to a pool, I'm just focusing on my running.
Now, 3 years after I decided enough was enough, I lost 70 pounds of fat and gained 10 of muscle, my base run is 4-6 miles, and I can bust out a 5:40 mile.
Now I'm trying to build a little bulk (but I hate using supplements) and training for a half-marathon (short term goal) and an ultramarathon (100+ miles, log term goal).
I want to say I'm not trying to brag, but I'm pretty damn proud of myself. I've never been in better shape, I have clothes from middle school that are too big for me.
Lets just Hope I don't let myself go in the midst of all my current turmoil and uncertainty.
Edit: I also cut out all white bread and almost all processed foods, and keep my added sugar to less than 20 grams daily. Also, DRINK TONS OF WATER!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hardest thing for me when I initially started paying attention to macros was keeping the carbs down. Finally seem to have that under control.

I was looking at what I ate yesterday and I have no idea how to raise the fat in my food while still keeping clean. I found I was heavy on protein and just a bit over on carbs, but fat was really low.