What's new

Call of Duty "Black Ops"

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I am not sure that the tv would have anything to do with the speed at which your character performs an action. I have played COD on all different types of tvs (1080, 720, 60" 480, 18" tvs etc. etc.) and have not noticed a difference besides in visual quality.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am not sure that the tv would have anything to do with the speed at which your character performs an action. I have played COD on all different types of tvs (1080, 720, 60" 480, 18" tvs etc. etc.) and have not noticed a difference besides in visual quality.
I wouldn't think so either, but what is it then? Even my nephews have come over to play, and said it is really hard to play even when they turn down the controller sensitivity in the game.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I found playing on my hdtv has a slight delay, not so much lag, but a delay. Also there is a big difference between wired and wireless. PS3 doesnt really have a choice on the wired vs wireless.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this may sound a bit nutty, but here goes...

The TV(old 200lb tube tv) we had the xbox hooked up to went, so I had to pick up a new one. I had intended to buy a 720p, but the deal i got on a 1080p was insane. I hooked up the TV, and wow what a difference in the images for games. Only problem is when you play COD, and you move right or left or try to aim, the screen moves so fast that you move past your target. I adjusted the settings in the game to 1, but I am getting totaled every time I play. I end up with the most deaths and least amount of kills. Even my son is having a hard time playing.

Anyone have any suggestions or have you seen this as well?
Refresh Rate might be the issue. Old "tube" CRT tv's and monitors although displayed images at less than optimal definitions had very high refresh rates.

Did you purchase a Plasma, LCD, or LED TV? What is the Refresh Rate in Hz of your new TV?

I had similar issues when I hooked up my 360 to my 720p 50" Plasma. Playing games such as Rock Band and COD you can really tell that the lower refresh rates cause timing to just be off. Definitely something you might just have to get used to. I ended up buying a 46" Sony LCD with a 240Hz refresh rate. Was more expensive for the high refresh rate but worth it because I use the TV mostly for gaming.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lag? Really? How would Lag increase the the speed at which the character responds to the movements on the controller? Maybe i didn't explain this right. When I aim on a sight and move the right stick to center in on a target the controller is so sensitive that I can't center on the target. It goes way off to the right, or way off to the left or up or down way beyond the target.

This was not happening with the TV I had connected prior, but as soon as I connected the new one (couple of weeks ago) it has been happening and has not stopped.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Refresh Rate might be the issue. Old "tube" CRT tv's and monitors although displayed images at less than optimal definitions had very high refresh rates.

Did you purchase a Plasma, LCD, or LED TV? What is the Refresh Rate in Hz of your new TV?

I had similar issues when I hooked up my 360 to my 720p 50" Plasma. Playing games such as Rock Band and COD you can really tell that the lower refresh rates cause timing to just be off. Definitely something you might just have to get used to. I ended up buying a 46" Sony LCD with a 240Hz refresh rate. Was more expensive for the high refresh rate but worth it because I use the TV mostly for gaming.
It is a 1080p LCD 120hz

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Sometimes, if I am hosting a party and a match my ps3 gets lagged down a lot. I notice that if I aim left or right or up or down it seems like it snaps to the extreme. For example, I want to look maybe 30 degrees to the right to shoot some guy, but because my ps3 is bogged down, I move the joystick to the right and by the time the ps3 catches up, I am looking 20 degrees past the target. That is why I mentioned lag.
A good way to cross out the suggestion of lag is to play single player for a couple of minutes.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sometimes, if I am hosting a party and a match my ps3 gets lagged down a lot. I notice that if I aim left or right or up or down it seems like it snaps to the extreme. For example, I want to look maybe 30 degrees to the right to shoot some guy, but because my ps3 is bogged down, I move the joystick to the right and by the time the ps3 catches up, I am looking 20 degrees past the target. That is why I mentioned lag.
A good way to cross out the suggestion of lag is to play single player for a couple of minutes.
Good suggestion. I played combat training and single player mode. Happens in all scenarios. I wonder if I can play with the settings to bring it down to 720 and see what happens. In the xbox menu it lets you choose whether you are 480 720 1080 etc... I will see if I can do that if something changes.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Good suggestion. I played combat training and single player mode. Happens in all scenarios. I wonder if I can play with the settings to bring it down to 720 and see what happens. In the xbox menu it lets you choose whether you are 480 720 1080 etc... I will see if I can do that if something changes.

LOL you have Xbox? Theres the problem.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is a 1080p LCD 120hz
LCD are know to be better "gaming" TV's; I can't image though the difference between 240hz and 120hz that much of a difference on an LCD causing this problem.

The only other thing I can think of is are you using a direct HDMI connection from the gaming system to the TV or are you running through a audio receiver?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
have you adjusted your controller sensitivity? When changing resolutions, you have to change your sensitivity. I use a higher sensitivity on a hdtv like around 7 and lower on standard definition like 4.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am running HDMI. Is that not a good thing?

I had to move the controller sensitivity down to 1 on the LCD from 5 on the old tube tv.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
And your old setup was exactly the same, just a different tv?

Also what model tv do you have

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am running HDMI. Is that not a good thing?

I had to move the controller sensitivity down to 1 on the LCD from 5 on the old tube tv.
Seems to be a fine setup with 360 -> HDMI -> TV.

Some people run 360 -> HDMI -> Audio Receiver -> HDMI -> TV.... sometimes causes problems because it forces the Audio Receiver to either be a pass- through or to decode the Video.

You might want to do a little google search on Video adjustments via the setup menu that are specific to your television that might help the performance. I know there are a lot of forums and websites dedicated to optimization of TV setups for Video quality. Just a thought....