Votes: 35 17.8%
  • Both

Votes: 109 55.3%

• Total voters

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I just think that in my, albeit limited, experience with CCs...that there are some things that I enjoy out of NCs that the CCs don't offer...and vice versa...

I enjoy both for different reasons

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Really enjoy mixing it up when it comes to the smaller cigars I've been smoking lately. Tat maduro reservas, illusiones, davidoffs with bolivars, cuabas, and cohiba siglo's. In general, the cc's do need some age to bring out the best in 'em while the nc's are enjoyable even with a few months' rest. Waiting patiently to try my fave nc's when they get 5+ years behind 'em. Recently had an overrun white tamboril dollar smoke from the cigar boom years. Its flavor and complexity floored me. Maybe it was just a fluke but it has perked my curiosity bout aged nc's.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the true cigar guys would slowly gravitate back towards the non cuban stuff in short order.
nope

there would be some guys who would only smoke cubans to be able to say they only smoked cubans.
nope...well at least not the "true cigar guys".

Those who truly appreciated cigars would find great sticks from both CC and NC that they enjoyed.
nope again

the "true cigar guys" cigar culture in the rest of the world snubs non-cuban cigars almost universally . i am not kidding guys...the rest(not USA)of the world DOESNT smoke very many non-cubans.

derrek

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Don't think Guantanamerra's count as cigars. Machine made dog rockets!
I agree, and it sucked that I gave him $50 bucks to bring me back something, thinking a couple RyJ or Montes, and I got a big box of Guantanamerra Cristales :argh:

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Right now my preference is for non cubans. But it is enjoyable giving a cuban here and there a try when I can; even found some that I really liked.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like both NC and CC but my heart lies and will probably stay in Cuba. I do like to wary myself but a properly aged CC is pure bliss.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
99-1...nearly all cuban now but will throw in a NC (love dirty rats) every now and then (for that extra spicy kick)...but for taste and complexity it is cuban.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'd disagree w/ the trend as well.

some will/would get the Hardley Davidson mentality and say if you don't smoke CC then you're not smoking a cigar, but the fact is everyone prefers different things, and nothing makes any one of us more right than the other. Preference is just that.

while I like both, I don't go toward one or the other because of origin. I go to one because of the profile I want at the time.

Just like art, I don't like it because so and so made it, I like it because it appeals to me. I don't give a F*^k who made it if I like it.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I used to think cuban cigars were over-hyped, and over-rated.....which honestly wasn't all that long ago...

Apparently I'd just been smoking the wrong ones....or my palate changed, cuz that couldn't be further from the truth now.

I actually thought about this last night as I was smoking a Boli GM.....the last NC I had, the Seattle Seahawks were still playing playoff football (well not really playoff "caliber" football, but playing nonetheless)...

There are NCs that I will continue to smoke and love, so my vote was for both....but I don't see anything tempting my trigger finger these days like cubans are. And what a slippery ass slope it's been these past couple months!! :seesaw:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some will/would get the Hardley Davidson mentality and say if you don't smoke CC then you're not smoking a cigar
nope again.(for what its worth...try calling it the benz/bently mentality)

i said it in post #28(not very well it appears)...when free choix is a part of the equation...people just dont smoke non cubans.

do this poll...ask for votes from only people that DO NOT live in the usa. another interesting twist would be...only those who have smoked cigars regularily for 5 or more years(true cigar guys) could vote.

trying to be patient with the kids
derrek

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cubans for me, but when i'm in the states i may buy singles of NCs just to avoid sneaking CCs into america :p

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I smoke mostly NC's because that is what is readily available to me. I have a Monte 2 and about 10 Bolivar CE's in the humi, but I am waiting for that special occasion. I have to say that the Cuban's I have had were very creamy and smooth and the Bolivar had a very nice kick. I still love the pepper kick from a quality NC, but honestly if CC's were available I could see myself smoking more of them. Hopefully I will be able to obtain more CC's in the future.