What's new

Cigar Bid

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm thinking of trying to get a new torch lighter from there, I managed to get a cheaper one but it really hurt my thumb to use it and didn't put out enough flame, and my old one is apparently broken forever according to the guy who took it apart to see what was wrong with it. So yeah.. suggestions on what to get and when to get it?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The best thing to do on auctions sites are to wait to the last (literal) minute of the auction. Put in your bid and max bid in. It prevents people from bidding your price up, as well as keeps you from paying just a little bit more than what you would have.
That's referred to as "sniping", and is frowned upon by many FOGs and vets. Just say'n.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Cbid doesn't like the color of my money. Seems they get p*ssed off when you question their "less then ethical" marketing practices. Their loss, not mine. Ever since I'm been banned, I find I'm smoking better cigars for about the same price.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
The best thing to do on auctions sites are to wait to the last (literal) minute of the auction. Put in your bid and max bid in. It prevents people from bidding your price up, as well as keeps you from paying just a little bit more than what you would have.
That's referred to as "sniping", and is frowned upon by many FOGs and vets. Just say'n.
Frowned upon? Bidding is a game/skill. I see nothing wrong with it. Only ones who should get upset are the ones who lost the auction lol

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I'm thinking of trying to get a new torch lighter from there, I managed to get a cheaper one but it really hurt my thumb to use it and didn't put out enough flame, and my old one is apparently broken forever according to the guy who took it apart to see what was wrong with it. So yeah.. suggestions on what to get and when to get it?

I've picked up a few lighters over time on Cbid. I originally bought some colibris but found that they weren't as durable as I would like. Later on I bought some bugattis and have been VERY happy with them. If you watch it you can usually get them in the 15-$20 range. I picked up this one for $13 and it has become my everyday lighter. Excellent quality.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I've picked up a few lighters over time on Cbid. I originally bought some colibris but found that they weren't as durable as I would like. Later on I bought some bugattis and have been VERY happy with them. If you watch it you can usually get them in the 15-$20 range. I picked up this one for $13 and it has become my everyday lighter. Excellent quality.

I've been using the same lighter for about a year. . It's awesome. Did just win a Colibri on cbid to try. .. actually bid too high without paying aTtention and won it by mistake. . But I only have the one torch so why not a second?

I got mine with a herf-a-dor package
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humidors/humidor-combos/

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Frowned upon? Bidding is a game/skill. I see nothing wrong with it. Only ones who should get upset are the ones who lost the auction lol
Oh, believe me, I've done my share of sniping. Over the past 4 - 5 years, I've met and herfed with 40 to 50 current and former Cbid board members. Some of old timers get very upset with snipers, as if it's breaking some kind of code of honor. But as I said before, I've sniped, and don't have a problem with those who do it to me.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I snipe all the time unless I recognize the user name.
If I recognize a name, I usually won't bid at all. A few months ago, one of my CBid buds had a $60 bid holding on a bundle of Bait Fish on CA. As tempted as I was, I had to let it go, and he won them for the $60. I got my reward that following week, when I won a bundle for $61.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I've been using the same lighter for about a year. . It's awesome. Did just win a Colibri on cbid to try. .. actually bid too high without paying aTtention and won it by mistake. . But I only have the one torch so why not a second?

So that's actually my old lighter, it never seemed to be able to hold much and the flame wasn't ever that strong. When the guy took it apart he said that it was far more complex than any other lighter he'd looked at but that it also would have to be broken in order for it to be fixed and so he couldn't do anything without the proper tools to break it.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Well... I now know why it's called the devil site.... I normally only win a few auctions.. Well tonight I won every one I bid on. Did not expect that to happen

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

So that's actually my old lighter, it never seemed to be able to hold much and the flame wasn't ever that strong. When the guy took it apart he said that it was far more complex than any other lighter he'd looked at but that it also would have to be broken in order for it to be fixed and so he couldn't do anything without the proper tools to break it.
The bugatti b1? Interesting. . I would agree that it doesn't seem to hold much... But I barely get time to light up so it works great for me. I refill after every cigar. I really want something with a Window to see the fuel level I think.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Well... I now know why it's called the devil site.... I normally only win a few auctions.. Well tonight I won every one I bid on. Did not expect that to happen
You too!!! I feel like no one was watching the auctions and i cleaned house. Lots of bids i won were setting new "lowest price" on the Chrome EXT/plugin thing. I bid a bunch thinking id only win some, but i won them ALL!!!!

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
You too!!! I feel like no one was watching the auctions and i cleaned house. Lots of bids i won were setting new "lowest price" on the Chrome EXT/plugin thing. I bid a bunch thinking id only win some, but i won them ALL!!!!

Ya!!! I didn't lose a single auction. I was losing my mind! I had 50-75% off MSRP on every item.

I need ALOT more Tupperware now....

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
LMAO i was just telling somebody that i will have to bring in my stack-able cooler to warm up being its about to be brought into action!

Some ridiculous deals yesterday!

Ya!!! I didn't lose a single auction. I was losing my mind! I had 50-75% off MSRP on every item.

I need ALOT more Tupperware now....

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I got a fiver of tats last night for like 12 bucks.

But then paid like16 for Ramon Bueso genesis.
Lol, i got the genesis with ashtray also. That was my starting point...then i kept bidding.

I've been wanting that ashtray for awhile, finally got it. The smokes are pretty good too