What's new

East TN HERF

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I think you guys should lure MD to a B&M and bomb the s*#t out of him there, in keeping with the rules of not bombing him at home :)!
Somebodys got to stay at the bat cave and keep the smoker/grill manned...

you guys feel free to come and go as you please through the day... hit Silo.. buy out all their DR HTF stuff (they seem to always have a box or two of dirty rats, UF13, or something cool stashed away somewhere). and come back (leaving all your pick ups.. in your cars) :)

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I think you guys should lure MD to a B&M and bomb the s*#t out of him there, in keeping with the rules of not bombing him at home :)!
Somebodys got to stay at the bat cave and keep the smoker/grill manned...

you guys feel free to come and go as you please through the day... hit Silo.. buy out all their DR HTF stuff (they seem to always have a box or two of dirty rats, UF13, or something cool stashed away somewhere). and come back (leaving all your pick ups.. in your cars) :)
Well since you know nothing about us and have invited us to your house for a kickass get together with other BOTL's and gonna feed us and try to kill us with alcohol and beat us to death with what I think will be a great expirence and I'm sure some tastey smokes I will keep my word while I'm there and behave and won't bomb you in a B&M or pre-mail or even kick in with the other guys that may have sweet plans of deception. But when I leave the promise may not hold water lol:seesaw: :eyebrow:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
weather is Shittay today... very high winds.. and tons of rain...

wind blew the cover off of my fire pit this morning and rain soaked all the wood that I had set up for our ranger television (army speak for a fire)... its been coming down very hard since probably 2 or 3 AM... but is starting to lighten up now... I think it will be completely done in a couple of more hours... the forecast still says that tomorrow is sunny with a high of 63... we'll see what happens...

Got all the meat prepped last night... trimmed the brisket and covered it in dry rub... got the loin trimmed and split and injected it with almost 6oz of marinade.. then threw it in a gallon zip lock full of marinade to soak for 36 hours.. pulled out some venison round steaks as well and started soaking them in marinade..

probably going to pass on burgers this time.. If I can get the smoker fired up early enough, the pork should be ready to serve by 1 or 2.. and the brisket should be ready by 4 or so... the brats and the venison should be enough to hold us over until the good stuff starts coming off the grill..

I sampled the pikliz last night... I think its going to be a good batch (takes 3x days to "pickle"... it was just on day 2 last night)...

as long as you guys are ok with simple stuff for sides (a bag of chips?).. we should be set... Im decent on the grill.. but suck in the kitchen... you really dont want me trying to "cook" for us.. I have been known to burn a salad and f up a cup of ice water..

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
Just about ready to give the last bottle of the night. Really looking forward to my first BOTL herf, thanks to Dave for putting this on. Rex (Hoshneer) (Hoshy) sent some care packages for you all, asked me to deliver them. Dave, blame Rex.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Really looking forward to this tomorrow!

Gonna head to bed now and try and get rested up. Curtis and I will be leaving Nashville about 8:15.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Meat went on the smoker at 715!

Whoot!

It's cold as a well diggers ass outside right now (mid 30s).. Which will slow down the cook a little until the sun gets up... But there's not a cloud in the sky... Gonna be a beautiful day I think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
2 hours on the smoker... Just 4 more to go lol...

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
3 hour in... Pork is actually cooking a lot faster than expected... Will probably pull it off in an hour.. Then let it rest for about an hour...

Beef is moving along at a perfect pace :)