What's new

#ECB Newb Appreciation Month

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
the #ECB can keep their sticks and stick em where the sun doesn't shine my 2¢

edit:sorry for the jacking I will post a seperate thread on #ECB hating in the near future

Last edited:

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
sounds like a group I should b e a part of!
ROFL, I was just thinking, this is probably the best-hidden recruitment drive I've seen in a long time....Rope em in with a humi and a few sticks, a few months down the road you're handing out grape flavoured koolaid from a large container...
lol its gonna be problemsolver jimstown

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
So I just joined 3 days ago because I started following a bunch of guys on Instagram that were about cigars because I have been doing a lot of research so I can eventually make my first habano purchase and not buy some fakes and I kept seeing the hash tag #botl. Quick google search and I'm hooked. Did some snoopin around and I noticed its a lot like the craft beer community and homebrew community where the experienced guys help the newbies and even help each other out and in trades throw in extras. I have been just shipped beers from guys who wanted me to try something I have never had before. I've shipped others beers even expensive ones because they were the new guy wanting to try something hard to get and don't have anything good themselves to put up for it. That's what it's all about. Newbies are going to do annoying things and post newb questions but it's all about education and being part of something bigger. I don't need a Humi since I have a nice glass top one right now so make sure someone other than me gets a good humi that needs it. Now that I think about it is was a BOTL that led me to my first Opus X last week and made sure I didn't buy a fake one and that it came from an authorized dealer. Don't know your name on here man but thanks John L. You now have gotten me hooked on being a BOTL myself.
Entered

MJM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a noob here but not a noob to smoking. I have a couple humidors so I feel it's not fair for me to enter. But I like this idea so just lmk who to send a few sticks to whoever you guys pick.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm a noob here but not a noob to smoking. I have a couple humidors so I feel it's not fair for me to enter. But I like this idea so just lmk who to send a few sticks to whoever you guys pick.
Same boat, noob here, but have been at this for quite a while. I'd also happily throw in some sticks to sweeten the pot.

MJM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I remember when I was new to this place, if someone offered to send me a humi with some sticks in it, I woulda jumped all over it! Even though I had a wineador!
You would think people would be all over this. It's weird there not.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I am a newb here but not to cigars. I already have 2 humis that are pretty stuffed thanks to my recent purchases, winning a different newb contest, and my noob trade so I would rather see someone more deserving than me win. This contest is exactly what BOTL means to me though, pay it forward, make a new guy feel welcome, always be willing to share information and help a guy out. The comraderie here is unreal. I also came over here from HBT and I personally think there is a night and day difference between the folks here and the folks there. Lots of stand up guys around here and I only wish I would have found this place sooner.

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
I am a newb here but not to cigars. I already have 2 humis that are pretty stuffed thanks to my recent purchases, winning a different newb contest, and my noob trade so I would rather see someone more deserving than me win. This contest is exactly what BOTL means to me though, pay it forward, make a new guy feel welcome, always be willing to share information and help a guy out. The comraderie here is unreal. I also came over here from HBT and I personally think there is a night and day difference between the folks here and the folks there. Lots of stand up guys around here and I only wish I would have found this place sooner.
Entered

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
Man I remember when I was new to this place, if someone offered to send me a humi with some sticks in it, I woulda jumped all over it! Even though I had a wineador!

I'm waiting for the noob who says "no, but thank you very much. I appreciate the offer"...... that's the guy I want to blow up.
Well said. Find that guy and I'll bomb him with you. Trouble is, to his credit, he'd probably not say anything at all.

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0

I'm waiting for the noob who says "no, but thank you very much. I appreciate the offer"...... that's the guy I want to blow up.
Well said. Find that guy and I'll bomb him with you. Trouble is, to his credit, he'd probably not say anything at all.
..... but he is THE guy we would "seek out" and pry........ :)

"Those who want of nothing, are the richest indeed".

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
It's a shame that we try to show the new guys what this brotherhood meant to all of us when we were new here... and btw, I'm here less than a year, and have experienced the love first hand... We're just trying to share some love and this has turned into something I wish it hadn't.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Outside the context of botl.org, to me botl has been a term to reference the most welcoming, generous and patient group of dudes I've met on the internets.

Like i stated in my intro thread, I've been active on many forums since back in the newsgroup days. When I got into cigars, I feared being a noob again in a new area but it really wasn't an issue. After a few months on the other boards I'm a member on, I felt like I had been there for years. So far, I've felt the same here. Really low levels / absence of asshattery as a whole. I think I'll stick around here for a while. I'm new to this site, and fairly new to cigars, but have learned a lot in that time because of the botl that have taken the time to explain things and answer my naive questions.

Last edited:

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
It's a shame that we try to show the new guys what this brotherhood meant to all of us when we were new here... and btw, I'm here less than a year, and have experienced the love first hand... We're just trying to share some love and this has turned into something I wish it hadn't.

I too am less than a year and have experienced the love (first-hand) from people like (you) Tim, and many, many others.

I for one am thankful for BOTL - and I tend to gravitate toward that which is good within it. (and there is a lot of "good" here:)

Peace to all!

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
Outside the context of botl.org, to me botl has been a term to reference the most welcoming, generous and patient group of dudes I've met on the internets.

Like i stated in my intro thread, I've been active on many forums since back in the newsgroup days. When I got into cigars, I feared being a noob again in a new area but it really wasn't an issue. After a few months on the other boards I'm a member on, I felt like I had been there for years. So far, I've felt the same here. Really low levels / absence of asshattery as a whole. I think I'll stick around here for a while. I'm new to this site, and fairly new to cigars, but have learned a lot in that time because of the botl that have taken the time to explain things and answer my naive questions.
Entered