What's new

#ECB Newb Appreciation Month

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Newbie here ,I have one of those beginner humidors , can't say that I don't have a humidor, I was also on social media and I kept seeing post BOTL ,and got curious and checked out the hashtag . Seen pictures of cigars being smoked ,got me curious to look and find out about the cigars ,and try for myself ,which was good most of the time , than found out there was a site of guys with this knowledge of different cigars. and said why not try to join and here I am now .

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
OK so i was a real newb when I got here 3 months ago. Not just a cigar newb but a forum newb to. I am after all an "old" guy compared to most of you. after lurking for a good while i took the plunge and signed up. One of the first things i saw was a thread about brothers having a hard time mentally and the response form teh site was overpowering. I got extreamly emotional at the outpouring of LOVE from all the peolpe on this forum. That was what hooked me. I love the cigar side and through a few trades have aquired some awsome sticks. Most of which i never knew even exsitied. But the best part of this community is the commitment to giving back. whether is to each other or to the world, the Operation Estili project was just AMAZING!!! If I had the means I would bomb all on this forum for reminding me that their are still some that embrace the goodness of the human spirit.

Thank you for making this grandpa feel tlike a kid in a candy store most of the time.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
OK so i was a real newb when I got here 3 months ago. Not just a cigar newb but a forum newb to. I am after all an "old" guy compared to most of you. after lurking for a good while i took the plunge and signed up. One of the first things i saw was a thread about brothers having a hard time mentally and the response form teh site was overpowering. I got extreamly emotional at the outpouring of LOVE from all the peolpe on this forum. That was what hooked me. I love the cigar side and through a few trades have aquired some awsome sticks. Most of which i never knew even exsitied. But the best part of this community is the commitment to giving back. whether is to each other or to the world, the Operation Estili project was just AMAZING!!! If I had the means I would bomb all on this forum for reminding me that their are still some that embrace the goodness of the human spirit.

Thank you for making this grandpa feel tlike a kid in a candy store most of the time.
I like this guy... lol

Rating - 100%
58   0   0

I like this guy... lol
this guy is awesome. bombed me a bueso ash tray after he had been here like 2 weeks. great botl

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I like this guy... lol
this guy is awesome. bombed me a bueso ash tray after he had been here like 2 weeks. great botl
How do i get to be a part of this "bombing" because i have some sweet beers i can bomb at least haha. I dont really see any forums with this going on

Rating - 100%
58   0   0

I like this guy... lol
How do i get to be a part of this "bombing" because i have some sweet beers i can bomb at least haha. I dont really see any forums with this going on
what you got brother. id be happy to trade with you. pm me let's not tie up this thread

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2

Entered

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I had my first cigar - an Arturo Fuente Churchill - when I was a first-year graduate student in 2005. One of my best friends was returning home from a semester abroad in Melbourne, so we threw him this MASSIVE party at his parents' house, and capping off the night involved the group of us guys (affectionately dubbed "The Crew") standing around the outdoor bar we had erected for the occasion while my one buddy passed around the sticks. I had NO idea what I was doing (my only experience with tobacco to that point was the pack-and-a-half-a-day cigarette habit I'd kicked years earlier), and I'm sure I looked as silly as I felt while holding that monster stick and puffing away at it like it was a Lucky Strike. Anyway, I loved the experience (despite being a little overzealous and ending up a nauseated, sweaty mess), and I looked forward for years to when we all would be together and he'd break out the cigars. It wasn't until I bought my own place a few years ago that I finally purchased a desktop humi and started collecting a stash of my own. In the time since then, I have gone from a passing, special-occasion type of interest in the appreciation of "Hecho a Mano" to what can only be described as a passion, seeking out new flavors and shapes and blends, experimenting with new tools and accessories, and basically just trying to experience as much as I can. I still don't know hardly ANYTHING, but I suddenly one day realized that I knew more than any of my friends did, so I started searching around for a resource that I could use as a source of knowledge and inspiration as I continue down this exciting path. A search for "cigar forum" netted quite a few prominent hits, including those at cigars.com, Cigar Aficionado, etc., but when I stumbled upon BOTL, I was instantly charmed by the idea. "Brothers of the Leaf". What a great name, what an awesome concept! When I found out the forum supported Tapatalk, that sealed the deal. I posted my intro thread like a good little noob, and I was instantly overwhelmed with the sense that this WAS, indeed, a Brotherhood. The knowledge, the generosity, and the camaraderie here is infectious, and what blew me away was that it was INSTANT. I expected a period of being treated as an FNG and not really being taken seriously (as I am not only new here but relatively new to cigars compared to most), but I'm going to a Brother's house - HIS HOUSE - for a herf tomorrow. I have never met this dude and yet he sends me his HOME ADDRESS in a PM. I have only been a member here for two weeks! That level of trust is refreshing. That level of generosity is astounding. And the certain knowledge that I'll be using that address to send a tasty bomb to at some point in the very near future as a way of saying "thank you" is extremely gratifying! I came here looking for information, but I will stay because this is more than a resource, it's more than even a community or a network. This is a Brotherhood.

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
I had my first cigar - an Arturo Fuente Churchill - when I was a first-year graduate student in 2005. One of my best friends was returning home from a semester abroad in Melbourne, so we threw him this MASSIVE party at his parents' house, and capping off the night involved the group of us guys (affectionately dubbed "The Crew") standing around the outdoor bar we had erected for the occasion while my one buddy passed around the sticks. I had NO idea what I was doing (my only experience with tobacco to that point was the pack-and-a-half-a-day cigarette habit I'd kicked years earlier), and I'm sure I looked as silly as I felt while holding that monster stick and puffing away at it like it was a Lucky Strike. Anyway, I loved the experience (despite being a little overzealous and ending up a nauseated, sweaty mess), and I looked forward for years to when we all would be together and he'd break out the cigars. It wasn't until I bought my own place a few years ago that I finally purchased a desktop humi and started collecting a stash of my own. In the time since then, I have gone from a passing, special-occasion type of interest in the appreciation of "Hecho a Mano" to what can only be described as a passion, seeking out new flavors and shapes and blends, experimenting with new tools and accessories, and basically just trying to experience as much as I can. I still don't know hardly ANYTHING, but I suddenly one day realized that I knew more than any of my friends did, so I started searching around for a resource that I could use as a source of knowledge and inspiration as I continue down this exciting path. A search for "cigar forum" netted quite a few prominent hits, including those at cigars.com, Cigar Aficionado, etc., but when I stumbled upon BOTL, I was instantly charmed by the idea. "Brothers of the Leaf". What a great name, what an awesome concept! When I found out the forum supported Tapatalk, that sealed the deal. I posted my intro thread like a good little noob, and I was instantly overwhelmed with the sense that this WAS, indeed, a Brotherhood. The knowledge, the generosity, and the camaraderie here is infectious, and what blew me away was that it was INSTANT. I expected a period of being treated as an FNG and not really being taken seriously (as I am not only new here but relatively new to cigars compared to most), but I'm going to a Brother's house - HIS HOUSE - for a herf tomorrow. I have never met this dude and yet he sends me his HOME ADDRESS in a PM. I have only been a member here for two weeks! That level of trust is refreshing. That level of generosity is astounding. And the certain knowledge that I'll be using that address to send a tasty bomb to at some point in the very near future as a way of saying "thank you" is extremely gratifying! I came here looking for information, but I will stay because this is more than a resource, it's more than even a community or a network. This is a Brotherhood.
Entered

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Awesome brother, hope you enjoy the forum for a long time.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Man I remember when I was new to this place, if someone offered to send me a humi with some sticks in it, I woulda jumped all over it! Even though I had a wineador!

I'm waiting for the noob who says "no, but thank you very much. I appreciate the offer"...... that's the guy I want to blow up.
Well said. Find that guy and I'll bomb him with you. Trouble is, to his credit, he'd probably not say anything at all.

here you go

I'm a noob here but not a noob to smoking. I have a couple humidors so I feel it's not fair for me to enter. But I like this idea so just lmk who to send a few sticks to whoever you guys pick.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Man I remember when I was new to this place, if someone offered to send me a humi with some sticks in it, I woulda jumped all over it! Even though I had a wineador!

I'm waiting for the noob who says "no, but thank you very much. I appreciate the offer"...... that's the guy I want to blow up.
Well said. Find that guy and I'll bomb him with you. Trouble is, to his credit, he'd probably not say anything at all.

here you go

I'm a noob here but not a noob to smoking. I have a couple humidors so I feel it's not fair for me to enter. But I like this idea so just lmk who to send a few sticks to whoever you guys pick.
oh bolt this poor poor brother has no idea what is about to happen bwahahahaha! great find Dylan

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Well jerseyjetset got blasted in h2h combat at the franklin turned jim's side yard herf.

Jim went nuts showering cigars and a humidor!!!

This fine gentlemen only had a 25 count already overflowing.

Look at that face... speechless!