Evil Black Rifles

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/IMG]

Bcm 14.5 (pinned) upper
Spikes lower
Spikes battle trigger
Vltor rail
I have an Acog, but just switched to Primary arms red dot with the American Defense mount.

I'm more of a Glock fan, but pictured, is a Springfield Loaded.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Couple of EBRs I'm proud to own...got the typical throw around M4s.

Show you a pic of my RECCE:

14" Noveske/VIS II upper receiver
16" Noveske SS Recon barrel
Noveske lower with Timney trigger
Troy BUIS
Larue SPR mount with Nightforce 1-4x NXS
Magpul MIAD
Magpul UBR
FSC Compensator

No pic of an AR is complete without its polar opposite. Arsenal SA-M7 Ban Compliant Bulgarian with milled receiver.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys, I am shopping around right now. Not sure where to start. I have been reading for months. Part of me wants to build but the other part of me just wants to find one off the shelf ready to go. All sorts of conflicting info out there too. I kind of want to keep the price tag low and know I can add options later.

Just wonder about which of the entry level guns I should probably avoid.

On a build I am really liking the Spike's and CMMG stuff.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
ckay, I like that Arsenal - and i'm usually not an AK fan.

jsnake - assemble your own. It's almost always cheaper than buying whole. What's your price range? I would not recommend Spike's or CMMG for anything other than their lowers.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well, I want to start at around $700 and keep it under $1000 for right now. Open to some suggestions since this is my first and I want to do it right. I will not be doing heavy shooting. Home defense and some plinking here and there.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Spikes makes good rails, lowers and buffers. I would say they are one of the best for cheap entry rifles.

I'll say stay away from bushmaster and DPMS. I've seen too many junk rifles come out of those factories.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Buy a Colt 6920 from G&R Tactical. They have them on sale for ~950, which is a fantastic deal. That rifle will last you forever.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Bcm makes quality stuff! They are my go to for cheaper quality rifle parts. As kick as your go to brands are, the Noveske and Larue might be out of his price range. But that Colt is one helluva deal! I'd personally go for that. It's just a tad out of his range, and the thing will last forever.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Well, I want to start at around $700 and keep it under $1000 for right now. Open to some suggestions since this is my first and I want to do it right. I will not be doing heavy shooting. Home defense and some plinking here and there.
I would buy quality the first time around. I have a buddy that bought a Stag...nothing wrong with them, as they function well but he has that feeling of remorse..."I should have gone higher end." Add in the fact that he started buying AR parts on eBay and his doubt really creeps in.

Buy quality from the get-go. Hard parts, glass, etc.

Just as we would tell new people here to skip the humidor and buy a cooler...skip the budget build, and spend a bit more the first time around.

The Colt 6920 is what I would spend my money on out of the box. It's too bad it has evil features on it...otherwise I'd have one bought 2 minutes ago.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The nice thing about a build is I can spend my budget now on half the parts and good parts at that. The rest can come leter when I have more spending money. Think I have a plan now.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
That's what I did. I stretched my build out over several months, and it allowed me to go with nothing but quality parts. While there's some bells and whistles I still want to add, I have a functional rifle with nothing but quality components.