What's new

Evil Black Rifles

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Would a novice be able to "build his own"? I am no gunsmith, but I have taken all my guns apart and even back to their original design. I would love to build my own.
Absolutely! its a piece of cake. You dont even need too many specialty tools. one could whip together a rifle in under an hour, easy.

heres a great do it yourself guide

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/226782_.html

also, here are the torque and headspacing values.

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=315921

headspacing wont really be vital to the build, but its always a good idea to do it. especially for the first time builder. But as long as you follow the Ft/Lbs of the barrel install, you should be fine.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Would a novice be able to "build his own"? I am no gunsmith, but I have taken all my guns apart and even back to their original design. I would love to build my own.
I am mechanically challenged to put it lightly, and it was a piece of cake. There were a couple of hiccups, but that wasn't user error... it was just parts fitting very tightly and becoming frustrating. You'll be fine. I came across a few tips for builds I haven't seen before, depending on how your build goes.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well, after much reading and visiting a few stores I finally decided to buy this Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced. It has everything I want and the price was only $919 which I think was a steal.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Just found a good deal on an Aimpoint T-1 in a LT660 mount. Guess I have my optic sooner than I thought :stretchgr

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
This thread makes my mouth water. I finally dropped my first $130 into the envelope marked "AR Fund." I'm officially ready to start piecing my build together. :assaultri

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Pictars from today:
Papa Lightning

Mike (silver bullet)

First target for the AR. Irons were pretty fucking close out of the box.

me me me me!

again

You want spotting done properly, gotta do it yourself

Probably the least shitty picture from my phone

Mike with his HSLD mohawk

Papa, who shoots long guns lefty. Also trying to not melt his hand off.

Just cause it's part of the set.

Rifle did great. Got the irons and micro zeroed at 50 yards. Ejects brass at 3:00-3:30. Ejects steel at 4:00-5:00... fine, or should consider a new buffer for the future?
Also, FUCK Herter's steel ammo. Had sooooo many failure to fires. Got most of them to fire on a second attempt, but a couple just wouldn't go. I'm hoping that it's the ammo's fault, and not something with my rifle.
too lazy to create this post again, stole it from another forum I'm on. Today's range trip was a success.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
It's the Vltor iMod. AWESOME stock. And yes, its design gives you a proper cheek weld - unlike a number of other popular stocks on the market now