What's new

Kitty Litter the Final Test

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I did not hear from the professor today and will have my sister-in-law call his wife tonite or tomorrow.

I'm leaving for Florida to golf, drink and smoke on Wed. morning and will be back Saturday evening, I'll have my laptop and if I get an update I'll post it if not I'll post when I return.
What part of FLORIDA????

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Sanibel Island? Nice area. North of Naples and South of Tampa. If you find yourself heading North towards Tampa let me know. If the timing works out I'd love to get together for a smoke.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Ah Sanibel, the shells, surf and sun. Very nice spot. Try the Bubble Room.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Sanibel Island was great:thumbsup: our host made sure we had all we needed and then some. Played some great golf on a fabulous course, ate like a King and smoked some fine cigars.

JW sorry time didn't allow for cigar and drinks.

My sister-in-law talked to his wife and I won't go into the details here but some personal problems have sidelined the Prof. for a while. His wife is going to relay a message for him to contact me but I'm not holding my breath.

I didn't really care about the testing of how they preformed, I was wanting to know the differences in make-up. I'm going to check with the Labs here and see if I can get it done locally without to much $$$.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0

Eh. Story of my life. For whatever reason it's always difficult to hook up with folks. I was supposed to make it out to a local herf tonight and meet a bunch of new people but problems (minor) with the dog kept me home. Ahh well.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Eh. Story of my life. For whatever reason it's always difficult to hook up with folks. I was supposed to make it out to a local herf tonight and meet a bunch of new people but problems (minor) with the dog kept me home. Ahh well.

Not all folks miss hooking up with you for smokes, drinks, and food :wink:

Far as the testing goes CF2112, I really do not need a scientist to tell me what I already know; the KL is extremely cost effective at keeping the RH levels where I want them in the coolidor. No need to spend money on this.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Sanibel Island was great:thumbsup: our host made sure we had all we needed and then some. Played some great golf on a fabulous course, ate like a King and smoked some fine cigars.

My sister-in-law talked to his wife and I won't go into the details here but some personal problems have sidelined the Prof. for a while. His wife is going to relay a message for him to contact me but I'm not holding my breath.

I didn't really care about the testing of how they preformed, I was wanting to know the differences in make-up. I'm going to check with the Labs here and see if I can get it done locally without to much $$$.
Looks like the scientist had some personal issues and is unable to continue.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'd love to tell the whole story but it involves people & things I'd rather not say in a public forum. I will say something was taken "seriously" that was poked at them in fun.

I've checked on having labs in town run tests for make-up and to test KL, Heartfelt Beads, and Artsorb would run $125-175/test maybe more according to the lady I talked with and I don't have the funds for that.

I know KL works well for me and many others and some don't want it near their cigars, use what makes you comfortable.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'd love to tell the whole story but it involves people & things I'd rather not say in a public forum. I will say something was taken "seriously" that was poked at them in fun.

I've checked on having labs in town run tests for make-up and to test KL, Heartfelt Beads, and Artsorb would run $125-175/test maybe more according to the lady I talked with and I don't have the funds for that.

I know KL works well for me and many others and some don't want it near their cigars, use what makes you comfortable.
Fair enough, appreciate the update!

Sorry to hear that something was made fun of.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies for bumping a 7 month old thread. Was there any final result from the Prof or did that never get done due to problems?

:thumbsup:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Well I have two 100 quart coolers amoung various other humis. One has a pund of Kitty Litter and one a pound of beads. Both are holding at 67%. Rock solid. I'm happy.

AndrewDill

San Diegan
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Last night, I did a test with some damp kitty litter crystals in a sealed container. RH was around 90&#37;.

Right now the RH in my wine cooler is around 64ish% with three containers full (maybe 2-3 pounds).

I'm satisfied with it.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My apologies for bumping a 7 month old thread. Was there any final result from the Prof or did that never get done due to problems?

:thumbsup:
I just talked with his ex-wife over the 4th and he is working in Iowa living with his girlfriend and newborn son. I think she may still be upset with him, I could be wrong but thats the impression I got when I asked how he was doing.:sarcastic

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have HF beads in one humi, and Litter Pearls in another humi. It certainly appears to be the same stuff, and works the same to me.

I can't tell any difference, except that the beads are smaller.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so you guys are using the transparent "crystal" type litter and not the everyday, run-of-the-mill clay litter, correct? And you treat it just like you would HF beads and the like?

I ask because I'm on a tight budget after just getting married and I'd like to set up an inexpensive coolidor so that I can start keeping cigars on hand rather than going down to the B&M and buying singles.

Thanks!