What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Im really wanting a newair cc100h, but this has worked flawless for a really long time.View attachment 121897
If you spend just a little bit more, you can get a cheaper brand 28 bottle thermoelectric on amazon and order a drawer and a couple of shelves separately. You’ll have a lot more room to grow, but you won’t have heating. May be able to find some deals going into the holiday shopping season too.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well. This caught my eye and happened today. I have a few questions. I put 6 65%rh boveda packs in "temporary" with my hydrometer to see if rh stays. Seal looks real good so shouldnt be an issue. Question is, how long should i leave lid closed before checking to see if its fine? Guessing 24hr? 20180929_132815.jpg

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Well. This caught my eye and happened today. I have a few questions. I put 6 65%rh boveda packs in "temporary" with my hydrometer to see if rh stays. Seal looks real good so shouldnt be an issue. Question is, how long should i leave lid closed before checking to see if its fine? Guessing 24hr? View attachment 121946
I"m no expert, but if the seal is good & it's Ziplock so it should be, I'd probably wash it out, maybe some baking soda, & let it sit a day to make sure there was no plastic smell. Then I'd add the Bovedas with my cigars & be done with it. If you were going to let it sit for a day & take an Rh reading before adding cigars, I'd fill the remaining air space inside with something like crumbled up newspaper.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Well. This caught my eye and happened today. I have a few questions. I put 6 65%rh boveda packs in "temporary" with my hydrometer to see if rh stays. Seal looks real good so shouldnt be an issue. Question is, how long should i leave lid closed before checking to see if its fine? Guessing 24hr? View attachment 121946
Just wash her out, and fill her up! you'll have a short drop while the bovedas try to humidify the free space, but it'll even out soon enough to not worry about. Next step is to get a couple trays from amazon..

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wash her out, and fill her up! you'll have a short drop while the bovedas try to humidify the free space, but it'll even out soon enough to not worry about. Next step is to get a couple trays from amazon..
Trays! Where is thou trays you speak.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purchased! 4 Mantello 12.5x7.5x2.25. Will fit real nice according to my measurements. #somethingawesomehappening

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you calibrate them, calibrate them at the temp they are going to read at normally. I had issues with them getting wonky when I calibrated them at ambient temps (80) and then stuck them in my winedor (65). My condo is wicked hot all the time, hence the need for the winedor. Now that they are calibrated when the temp was 65, they read great.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trays are in! Tupp is washed and drying. Im going to season trays and get this bad boy going by tonight. Should be able to add the goodies along with the boveda smart dude tomorrow. Ill get some pics up later