What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WatchmanUSA Im running 8 60g 69%rh bovedas, I figure when these finally give up which they are only a few weeks old, Ill be going for 2 320g packs.
When you need 320's check out Famous and use the BOTL 17% discount. I already changed out the two 69% 320s to 72%. That way the humidor will stay ahead of the humidity drop one the air gets winter dry. The walnut in my wood humidor really sucks up the moisture.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank God, because a change of .0001 can really mess up your stash.
I happened to be responding to readouts posted by other Brothers using a different wireless hrgrometer. My read out isn’t a flat line because it posts results in tenths of a unit of measure. Take out that one little tenth and my graph doesn’t show as flat a line. That might lead people to conclude my type of wireless hygrometer isn’t as accurate as the others. It is a fact, that my sensor is actually capable of reading very minut changes. It is a fact, that it rounds the designers only graphically display the readings to one tenth of an increment.

My comment was responding to other Brothers who had adjacent post about their remote wireless sensors or to Brothers who read these posts who are considering buying remote wireless sensors in the future. The holidays and gift buy season is coming up, you know, so people may be interested in getting the newfangled wireless hygrometers. Especially given that Boveda makes their Butler sensor available for about $20.

Now if you want hygrometer that is accurate to the nearest one degree, 5 degrees (or percent) or just only shows, Filler-Up, OK-Fine, Open the Damn lid up, it’s way too Wet/Dry in Here! It’s ok by me. Buy what you like, need or want...it’s all good and is no concern of mine.

Your comment makes it seem like you are judgmental. Just because something doesn’t strike you as practical, doesn’t mean it should be removed from codideration on some else’s buy list. It’s like the guy who always asks the question, “Why would anyone need that (full in the blank).” Be it about a big gas guzzling supercharged car engine, new air conditioning, HID or LED headlights, a fancy paint job, hand painted pinstripes, blinged out grill or vehicle type or anything else some else wants, has, enjoys or desires to get.

The answer to said question is always,(Take your pick of the one you like best) “Because, ...it’s there, ...I like it, ...it can, ...it’s a feature, I always wanted one, ...it’s a built-in capability, ...it’s the way it is built, ...it’s just a fact, ...I can afford it, ...I needed something like it so I got this one, ...and many other possible responses.”

Perhaps a better way to phrase you comment in a question and learn something would be to ask, “Wow, that’s really an accurate reading. How do you use the detailed information to better manage your cigars?”

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I happened to be responding to readouts posted by other Brothers using a different wireless hrgrometer. My read out isn’t a flat line because it posts results in tenths of a unit of measure. Take out that one little tenth and my graph doesn’t show as flat a line. That might lead people to conclude my type of wireless hygrometer isn’t as accurate as the others. It is a fact, that my sensor is actually capable of reading very minut changes. It is a fact, that it rounds the designers only graphically display the readings to one tenth of an increment.

My comment was responding to other Brothers who had adjacent post about their remote wireless sensors or to Brothers who read these posts who are considering buying remote wireless sensors in the future. The holidays and gift buy season is coming up, you know, so people may be interested in getting the newfangled wireless hygrometers. Especially given that Boveda makes their Butler sensor available for about $20.

Now if you want hygrometer that is accurate to the nearest one degree, 5 degrees (or percent) or just only shows, Filler-Up, OK-Fine, Open the Damn lid up, it’s way too Wet/Dry in Here! It’s ok by me. Buy what you like, need or want...it’s all good and is no concern of mine.

Your comment makes it seem like you are judgmental. Just because something doesn’t strike you as practical, doesn’t mean it should be removed from codideration on some else’s buy list. It’s like the guy who always asks the question, “Why would anyone need that (full in the blank).” Be it about a big gas guzzling supercharged car engine, new air conditioning, HID or LED headlights, a fancy paint job, hand painted pinstripes, blinged out grill or vehicle type or anything else some else wants, has, enjoys or desires to get.

The answer to said question is always,(Take your pick of the one you like best) “Because, ...it’s there, ...I like it, ...it can, ...it’s a feature, I always wanted one, ...it’s a built-in capability, ...it’s the way it is built, ...it’s just a fact, ...I can afford it, ...I needed something like it so I got this one, ...and many other possible responses.”

Perhaps a better way to phrase you comment in a question and learn something would be to ask, “Wow, that’s really an accurate reading. How do you use the detailed information to better manage your cigars?”
Wow, think you may have taken his comment way to personal...hell I thought it was funny....and I to use a SensorPush...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is my SensorPush for the week. It displays in tenths but the database stores the info in ten-thoudanths (that four digits after the decimal point) for both temp and humidity.
View attachment 122462
It would be

I thought about the sensorpush due to its wifi capability vs bluetooth, but im on a budget and the boveda smart sensor ($20) was a complete game chager over the didgital read hydrometer. Also i think the sensorpush reads every 10 mins vs once an hour if thats right? All good brotha

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, think you may have taken his comment way to personal...hell I thought it was funny....and I to use a SensorPush...
Sorry, I couldn’t sleep and read your post and, at the time, I didn’t see the humor. In a Gunsmoke episode, Matt Dillon offered this quote once, “I went to bed mean and I woke up meaner.” I guess I did, too.