What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Decided not to cut them down, ran to meijer and the next size up still wouldnt hold the boxes I got to use as trays.

The Kristoff box is the new home for all of my pipe stuff.
The my father box is sitting idle for now, might use it and my old tubberdore to put some stuff to bed for a while.
I'm using 4 of the padron boxes without lids in my new tupperdore, as seen below.
The last padron box is also sitting idle, I kept all of the lids in case I want to do something with them in the future. I also plan to measure that dead space and keep an eye out for other right size boxes to fit there.20181013_002909.jpg 20181013_003352.jpg 20181013_003431.jpg 20181013_003750.jpg
With what I have now there is a boveda in each tray in the tupperdore. Oh and had to make it official with a BOTL sticker :)

Just realized I missed the middle tray. Has 5 new nica libre, an Amazon basin, 3 Bugatti medio (yard gar, along with the bottom tray), and 3 old nica.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
After putting in my primed cedar trays and boveda packs last week, RH jumped to 74 for a day then went down to 69 which is target but then climed back up to 70 even with running 8 60g 69% bovedas hasnt budged. Can anyone explain what is going on?View attachment 122942
What's happening is that you are trying to maintain RH with methods that are not capable of +/- 0.5%. If you read up on Boveda packs and the sensor you are using and you calculate the cumulative margin of error, you will likley find that the best you can do is +/- 2% at best. It's as good as it gets. Anyone who thinks that their cigars are "exactly" at the RH that their hydrometer states is dreaming. But it's close and it's the best method we have.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
What's happening is that you are trying to maintain RH with methods that are not capable of +/- 0.5%. If you read up on Boveda packs and the sensor you are using and you calculate the cumulative margin of error, you will likley find that the best you can do is +/- 2% at best. It's as good as it gets. Anyone who thinks that their cigars are "exactly" at the RH that their hydrometer states is dreaming. But it's close and it's the best method we have.
Yep. I run boveda 65 in all my stuff. My hygrometers, the kind that can’t be calibrated, said on the packages they came in that they are accurate + or - 2. They almost never read 65 steady & are always reading 65, 66, or 67. The reading can vary daily from 65-67 without the containers even being opened. My cigars smoke just fine so I really don’t worry about it to much.

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Decided not to cut them down, ran to meijer and the next size up still wouldnt hold the boxes I got to use as trays.

The my father box is sitting idle for now, might use it and my old tubberdore to put some stuff to bed for a while.
I'm using 4 of the padron boxes without lids in my new tupperdore, as seen below.
The last padron box is also sitting idle, I kept all of the lids in case I want to do something with them in the future. I also plan to measure that dead space and keep an eye out for other right size boxes to fit there.View attachment 123010 View attachment 123011 View attachment 123012 View attachment 123013
With what I have now there is a boveda in each tray in the tupperdore. Oh and had to make it official with a BOTL sticker :)

Just realized I missed the middle tray. Has 5 new nica libre, an Amazon basin, 3 Bugatti medio (yard gar, along with the bottom tray), and 3 old nica.
LOOK AT ALL THAT EMPTY SPACE !!!!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Yep. I run boveda 65 in all my stuff. My hygrometers, the kind that can’t be calibrated, said on the packages they came in that they are accurate + or - 2. They almost never read 65 steady & are always reading 65, 66, or 67. The reading can vary daily from 65-67 without the containers even being opened. My cigars smoke just fine so I really don’t worry about it to much.
Yeah I don't worry too much about my humidity. As long as it's close to +- 2% I'm fine with it. Mine all typically run 64-67%. I am contemplating another tupperdore at 69% for some specific cigars that I feel like a little more humidity, like the Tabernacle.

Has anybody else noticed that the Tabernacle wrapper gets brittle around 65% or just me? Or is it that they don't have cellophane?

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The last padron box is also sitting idle, I kept all of the lids in case I want to do something with them in the future. I also plan to measure that dead space and keep an eye out for other right size boxes to fit there.View attachment 123010 View attachment 123011 View attachment 123012 View attachment 123013

Not to change the subject but where can I purchase one of the botl stickers?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tuppedor is acting goofy. Again im running 8 69%rh 60 gram bovedas, and its jumping all over. 69 to 70 and stayed, then bumped to 71 and then 72 and back down to 71....Screenshot_20181021-194947_Boveda.jpg

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Did you just add sticks? Or is it super humid where you live? I'm still relatively a noob, but I know the bovedas can only absorb so much extra