What's new

Luckysaturn13 s Dog Rocket Reviews!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I did the deal. Have pics . Have review. Need trustful image hosting site.
My host of choice, Tinypic.com is shutting down.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Okay. Found a free host for now. Here's my sad story.
Lit up GURG TURD #1
This is a 6x50
Dry sniff, smell a little woodsy, leafy, nothing unusual.
No negative points for construction. Stick's a little hard though.
Not me, the cigar.
Here we go.

I can comment that lighting it up, the cigar's putting out a pretty good smokey cloud.
You don't see it in the picture. But on the puffs, it's putting out a voluminous cloud of smoke. Like a Gurkha.

I was hoping for some nutty or spicy or chocolate or coffee notes, but not yet. Nothing horrible yet.
I kinda feel like when you light the fuse of a mortar on the 4th of July and you're waiting for the big Ker-Pow.
Called the wife because I am getting out about 45 minutes late. Wife's home , but got out late, so she suggested fast food.
The kitchen is spotless and nobody wants to cook or make a new mess anyway. It's been a while since we had junk food, so sure.
Then put it in gear and the Dog Rocket Ride begins !

So I hit the drive-up. Gonna grab 2 McDoubles. Wife's home making salads. See that ? I'm eating healthy .
For some reason this drive-up adventure took about 20 minutes in / out. I might have been a victim of a 6pm shift change.
I have time to kill anyway. Noticed the stiff cigar is softening up a little from the draw I guess. Maybe the thing was a little dry. But no cracking or anything so I dunno.
Build and burn still good. I did touch it up , I see here. But really the whole burn experience was fine. Nice smoke output. Leather profile. Retro-hale not bad but not amazing.
Just wish the flavor would, um.. like DO something.. and stuff...

When I arrived home, I put the cigar down outside to go in and eat my burger and salad. This took like ten minutes.
Then I told my wife about the "important review" the gang expected me to do. And I went back outside to continue my mission.
Yes, I brought out an actual ash tray for this sacred ceremony. Pairing beverage is Turkey Hill Iced Tea.
It took a relight without argument. Tasted like it never went out. Because um... nothing changed. The cigar flavor profile is still stuck on "boring leather"
Was smoking about 15 minutes, finishing the 2/3, when black pepper came into the game, out of nowhere.
It was strong and it's arrival so fast, after a minute or two of this, I purged it with the lighter.
The action only brought minor results to the pepper-bomb.
I tried more retro-haling but had to do it mildly. Just pepper bomb. Back of throat was burning.
The poo-poo train had finally arrived.

At this point, I'm just wishing this was over.
The 3/3 is like PP.
You know, pepper and petroleum.
I wish the flat leather note would come back.
The construction stayed good. And the cigar stayed soft. Guess the motor oil was working as a lubricant.

I have know idea what this was. It was short filler because even the ash was a fine dust but held well.
I'm going to imagine it was a lower brand cigar. If I'm wrong, then it's trip around the country with the other DRP despicables gave it some sort of disposition.
Now that I think of it... I think Eran @EO80 had one exactly like this in a review !
The build was fine, just a flat boring profile that eventually went to shit.
WHAT WAS IT @gurgalunas

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Well, that was one I'd hoped @Opie had gotten. Kind of a divisive cigar. Some think ok yardgar. Opie seems to associate that brand with diesel fuel taste. Personally, the one I smoked reminded me of the taste of the fumes from a Coleman Heater. I still remember camping with one of those asphyxiating heaters, wondering if I would actually wake the next morning...

That cigar was a La Palina Bronze. 20190613_150631.jpg

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Well, that was one I'd hoped @Opie had gotten. Kind of a divisive cigar. Some think ok yardgar. Opie seems to associate that brand with diesel fuel taste.
Personally, the one I smoked reminded me of the taste of the fumes from a Coleman Heater. I still remember camping with one of those asphyxiating heaters, wondering if I would actually wake the next morning....
Thanks for the reveal !

Well, I would have preferred @Opie had gotten it too ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Well, that was one I'd hoped @Opie had gotten. Kind of a divisive cigar. Some think ok yardgar. Opie seems to associate that brand with diesel fuel taste. Personally, the one I smoked reminded me of the taste of the fumes from a Coleman Heater. I still remember camping with one of those asphyxiating heaters, wondering if I would actually wake the next morning...

That cigar was a La Palina Bronze. View attachment 139730
actually, that was @Glassman that coined that flavor profile. I only endorsed his review...... YUCK

Rating - 100%
42   0   0

Well, there's the deluxe intro. "The Black Pearl" just reminds me of that "Pirates of the Caribbean " franchise.
I don't have anything to follow it up with. It's too much work to let the pirate cat narrate the whole damb review.
So let's just talk about this wonderful hand crap-ted cigar, shall we?

Well, I can see the construction is a win, and it creates a good ash. I was letting it build out. But when it was just getting good, I wasn't paying attention and it fell. You can see it camouflaged here. Maybe.
Profile ? No barnyard or spice, or leather. No pepper thank God. I guess it's wood. But I don't smoke wood so I don't know. "Something" is the single primary note here. Maybe it's buckwheat.
The Preacher's infusion is a little easier to identify. It smells like hints of Selsun Blue Shampoo. But it's not overwhelming. Just don't get it in your eyes.
Maybe this is how Capn Jack Sparrow took care of his crew's dandruff problem,

Well, this is a pretty quick burn. We're on 3/3 here and I think it's only been about 40 minutes. But then again, this is a dog rocket, ... that was infused by a 3rd party, ... and left in a shipper box for two months.
So my point is.. this is like using the toilet at WalMart. You're not really there to savor the experience. You just want to get this over with and get back to whatever you were doing. Even if it's doing nothing.
This thing's pretty much just a yard gar that a Preacher's baptised in a toxic infusion. I did notice a little lip numbness, like when you're smoking a menthol. But not that strong.
I think Selsun Blue has menthol in it. I remember reading the bottle while sitting in the bathroom. Wow this cigar is really bringing back fond memories. That's what it's all about, man.

This is the end of this. I even nubbed it ! It wasn't tremedoulsly good or anything. I was hanging in there trying to pick up some notes for a better review.
So it was an hour long smoke. But I I got to tell ya,... that La Palina Bronze Diesel was much much worse.
I guess for REAL DRP ambulatory flavor, it's going to have to be Redneck's A-Crap, the second Gurgalunas mystery challeng stick....
Or @EO80 's fine aged E-8 mystery stick.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I was off yesterday. So later in the day, I visited the humidor a second time.
@redneck_toy 's A-Crap Le Fabrica y Polyestra was the perfect candidate while watching paint dry.
Well, OK. Maybe not the perfect choice :sick: since I quit a little early, above the label.
Managed to get one pic for the DRP historical records.

The Conuco from a week or two ago was still worse. It's the DRP champ for regretful cigars.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The Conuco from a week or two ago was still worse. It's the DRP champ for regretful cigars.
I'd concur with your sentiment. The Conuco I smoked was a tire fire. Make sure @Opie gets one of those!

I got to admit, though, that the Oh-Crap was the last one (4th) smoked on the Cry-Fecta Day of Despair. My tongue was like a piece of leather that had been grilled so long that it shriveled up and fell through the grate, only to sit in the bottom of the grill for another six months. Not much worse could have been done to me by that point.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I'd concur with your sentiment. The Conuco I smoked was a tire fire. Make sure @Opie gets one of those!

I got to admit, though, that the Oh-Crap was the last one (4th) smoked on the Cry-Fecta Day of Despair. My tongue was like a piece of leather that had been grilled so long that it shriveled up and fell through the grate, only to sit in the bottom of the grill for another six months. Not much worse could have been done to me by that point.
Yeah, now that you mention it, the Oh-Crap did taste like burnt leather. But that's better than burnt rubber.
Conuco is the only cigar where the flavor wheel is actually a frigging tire !

And yes, @Opie gets one of each to decide for himself which is the more "rewarding" smoke. :wtf: :dead: :depressed: