What's new

Modern Warfare 2

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Got a 17 kills streak last night up from my record of 8!

LVL 65 and getting ready to prestige for the first time...

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Has anyone got the tactical nuke yet? I would of had it a few times but I either didn't have it on, or the winning kill was my 25th in a row :( I wanna see it so bad!

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Has anyone got the tactical nuke yet? I would of had it a few times but I either didn't have it on, or the winning kill was my 25th in a row :( I wanna see it so bad!
I'm not that good yet... still figuring everything out.

I really hope I get that good though...

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
No problem man, I'm no newcomer to war games, lol. I use to be big on Socom I & II, and played CoD4 a lot and was fairly good at them all. Now it's like a mix between the two since I only play 3rd person, for the most part - I've been having good success.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
No problem man, I'm no newcomer to war games, lol. I use to be big on Socom I & II, and played CoD4 a lot and was fairly good at them all. Now it's like a mix between the two since I only play 3rd person, for the most part - I've been having good success.
This is my first COD and I'm having a blast... I'm probably hooked for life now!

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Got a 17 kills streak last night up from my record of 8!

LVL 65 and getting ready to prestige for the first time...
I think I am still in the 30's, I haven't played in a long time. My best kill streak is 28 I think

The nuke is stupid. Bright light, game over. Kinda ruins everyone's fun.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes I've had the nuke and I'd rather not say how many times, but the nuke is so much fun to use. I use it at the very last minute whether we are winning or not because it stops the time whether it be headquarters or domination. It's just to prolong the game as you said and up my kills for the round. HOWEVER I have had 1 game where I got the nuke and waited, I wasn't paying attention and someone else got the nuke and used it so I now check the scores all the time.

I'll let you guys in on a little tip if you are seriously trying to get the nuke. Pick up the Harrier as your killstreak one (7 kills), not only is it 2 plane airstrike, you get a attack harrier acting like your attack helicopter. Assuming you don't die this adds to your streak and in this case pick up the AC130 or Chopper Gunner (11 kills). I prefer the AC130 and on MOST maps you can get at least 7+ kills if you use it correctly. You can change the type of weapon to shoot with the AC130 which makes this thing deadly. PLUS it shoots out flares when targeted, however if they shoot you consecutively you will lose it, which is why you target them. Assuming you haven't died again you only need about 6-9 kills or so depending how many you killed.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Yes I've had the nuke and I'd rather not say how many times, but the nuke is so much fun to use. I use it at the very last minute whether we are winning or not because it stops the time whether it be headquarters or domination. It's just to prolong the game as you said and up my kills for the round. HOWEVER I have had 1 game where I got the nuke and waited, I wasn't paying attention and someone else got the nuke and used it so I now check the scores all the time.

I'll let you guys in on a little tip if you are seriously trying to get the nuke. Pick up the Harrier as your killstreak one (7 kills), not only is it 2 plane airstrike, you get a attack harrier acting like your attack helicopter. Assuming you don't die this adds to your streak and in this case pick up the AC130 or Chopper Gunner (11 kills). I prefer the AC130 and on MOST maps you can get at least 7+ kills if you use it correctly. You can change the type of weapon to shoot with the AC130 which makes this thing deadly. PLUS it shoots out flares when targeted, however if they shoot you consecutively you will lose it, which is why you target them. Assuming you haven't died again you only need about 6-9 kills or so depending how many you killed.
Good tips there... thanks. Also, what button do you use to change weapons? Just the weapon swap?

Another question; to all that have prestiged in MAW2, what exactly do you keep. I understand that you keep your titles and emblems, but what about kills?

(i.e. Over 1000 kills on the M4, etc... does it go to 0 and then you have to get it to 2500?)
(i.e. Headshots?)
(i.e. I'm rapidly approaching the 1000 UAV thing, does that mean that goes to 0?)

Thanks in advance.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Good tips there... thanks. Also, what button do you use to change weapons? Just the weapon swap?

Another question; to all that have prestiged in MAW2, what exactly do you keep. I understand that you keep your titles and emblems, but what about kills?

(i.e. Over 1000 kills on the M4, etc... does it go to 0 and then you have to get it to 2500?)
(i.e. Headshots?)
(i.e. I'm rapidly approaching the 1000 UAV thing, does that mean that goes to 0?)

Thanks in advance.
When you prestige it is the same as starting over at level one. The only thing that is different is your rank icon. It stays the same and only will change onece you prestige again.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
When you prestige it is the same as starting over at level one. The only thing that is different is your rank icon. It stays the same and only will change onece you prestige again.
Wow, eff... that would of changed how I have been playing a little then. I thought you kept a little bit.

Craptastic.

I am not sure if I will prestige in MW2
A lot of things will not unlock until you do it once including a ton of the emblems and titles.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Actually there is another perk for prestige this time around. You get an extra custom class. For the first and second prestige you get 1 extra custom class, then level 5, 7 and 10 you get 3 more custom classes for a total of 10. That and there are prestige challenges and titles. The only thing you keep are emblems and titles. I've decided to do prestige because more custom classes is something I don't mind doing and I only use the same 3 guns every game, the same perks on these classes.

And what weapon swap are you talking about? On the AC130? The AC130 has 2 different thermal visions by pushing square I believe and the weapon swap is from a big bomb to 4-5 smaller ones to a machine gun, all which need to reload, hence you switch weapons so you don't waste time.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Actually there is another perk for prestige this time around. You get an extra custom class. For the first and second prestige you get 1 extra custom class, then level 5, 7 and 10 you get 3 more custom classes for a total of 10. That and there are prestige challenges and titles. The only thing you keep are emblems and titles. I've decided to do prestige because more custom classes is something I don't mind doing and I only use the same 3 guns every game, the same perks on these classes.

And what weapon swap are you talking about? On the AC130? The AC130 has 2 different thermal visions by pushing square I believe and the weapon swap is from a big bomb to 4-5 smaller ones to a machine gun, all which need to reload, hence you switch weapons so you don't waste time.
Yes, I was asking how to swap between the 2 different modes on the AC130...TY. I'm still figuring all the tips and tricks... I have just been shooting those missiles/bombs.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, I was asking how to swap between the 2 different modes on the AC130...TY. I'm still figuring all the tips and tricks... I have just been shooting those missiles/bombs.
Here are my classes and why I use them.

I use stun over flash because of the time it takes for the flash to be thrown is longer. Semtex over frag because it's much faster, it sticks, it doesn't roll and you don't have to cook it where you are vulnerable, just throw the semtex and flash or stun.

I never use anything but the iron sights, but I always have the silencer on. Besides my sniper classes I use Cold-Blooded religiously with scavenger for ammunition. Ninja is my third perk for every class because I get annoyed by the heartbeat sensor.

My sniper class is the WA2000 with a silencer and stopping power, scavenger, steady aim as perks. Stronger than the M21 EBR, less recoil and less movement than the .50 Cal. Claymore + Scavenger = unlimited claymores (side note: You can put a maximum of 2 Claymores down, if you put anymore the other one will blow up) and Steady Aim PRO gives you a longer breath. My second sniper class is cold-blooded plus thermal scope and perhaps a silencer if I use bling.

I have a Riot shield class for when I just run around with a shotgun especially the Model 1887 akimbo. I only use the P90 for my smg with marathon, cold blooded and ninja. It's really quick to get to places especially for certain types of play, it's fast, powerful and has a huge clip. If you take aim it's just as deadly long range as short range. I'll switch marathon with scavenger sometimes if it's a smaller map.

I only use the TAR, the accuracy is a lie, it's just the recoil when being used that effects the accuracy, but once you learn how to use it you won't look back. It's got a bigger clip than some of the other rifles and it's in the top tier of power and fire rate. I rarely use LMG's, but I'll use the Aug with a grip and silencer because the recoil is too much in the LMG's.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Will take note of that... thanks for the help.

Groups running wild last night... had some rough rounds.