What's new

Modern Warfare 2

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
I will try cleaning the Bluray lens when the cleaner comes in, as for a freak accident, I am not sure about that. My quick search to find the fix the other night found maybe 3 or 4 stories EXACTLY like mine that happened in the month of November. Those are the people that post stories, imagine how many people just sent them for repairs.
Most likely, if I can't fix it, I will be trying to get 100 or so on Ebay to put towards the new slim... Trying to avoid that of course..

Understandable. I hope te blu ray cleaner works for ya!

As for the freak accident thing, you have to imagine the millions of PS3s there are out there. Say 200 break.... that's a VERY small percent.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
As for the freak accident thing, you have to imagine the millions of PS3s there are out there. Say 200 break.... that's a VERY small percent.
I hear you on that, but lets say during the month of November (when mine quit) I found 5 other stories identical to mine (I could probably find more than that) Say for every 1 story, there are 3 people that read it and say "hey that is exactly what happened to mine" without saying it in the thread, like I did. Then lets say, there is the same amount of people who never even bothered to look in a forum... That is 40 PS3s in the month of November.... Hypothetical numbers, yes, but all very realistic... For 40 PS3s to quit in one month while playing the exact same game.... That is a problem IMO. Small percentage but still, this is something that shouldn't happen. I have never abused my PS3. It is sad that if my quick fix doesn't work that Sony charges almost the full price of the unit to have it fixed...

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
You have to shoot people through walls for FMJ kills right?
Right, but it seems like it only happens at random... or am I supposed to wait for people to run in room and then try to shoot them blind 40 times?

Seems a bit nuts to me... or just one that is supposed to take a long time?

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Right, but it seems like it only happens at random... or am I supposed to wait for people to run in room and then try to shoot them blind 40 times?

Seems a bit nuts to me... or just one that is supposed to take a long time?
It will take awhile, you need 40 kills. Just shoot people through short walls, that way you know where they are but the bullets need to go through the wall first!

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
While Infinity Ward comes up with a patch, anyone caught using this exploit will be booted from Xbox Live for 24 hours, according to Xbox Live policy enforcer Stephen Toulouse, but egregious offenders can be banned for up to two weeks.

To activate the glitch, players equip the javelin or other rocket launcher, hold the grenade button and switch weapons. The player can then knife, sprint or jump with the grenade ready to blow. It doesn’t seem like a particularly useful glitch to me, but it’s probably bad enough to make playing unenjoyable for other players. The problem will be fixed in Modern Warfare 2’s first title update, but no date has been announced.

bocker

Joe
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
it isn't terrible but in objective based games like HQ and Domination it can be awful. I was "lucky" enough to have had the people doing it on my team.

I've been able to play much and am still in the 30s for rank so it'll probably be fixed by the time I hit 50 to unlock the javelin.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So being an avid gamer and being MW2 has taken over my last few months (classes included) I was drawn here right away. Anyways the Javelin glitch is useful in close quarter combat with marathon on say headquarters or domination (I've never done it myself) and always frustrated me. It was also on the PS3, however the latest patch fixed it.

MW2 has also been freezing on occasion, but I have an extra 90 days because after however long I've had my original 60GB PS3 it finally gave out (few consoles have a problem with the thermal gel which causes overheating of the power unit) I had to pay 150 to get it fixed. They gave me a BRAND NEW 60GB PS3 and was shipped back in 2 days.

Anyways if anyone has questions post away. My PSN tag is ucubed for anyone who wants to play, be warned, I'm a nuking fiend =D

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i played a game tonight and we had unlimited grenade launcher ammo and we didnt have to reload. We were shooting grenades like they were assault rifles. It was crazy. The whole screen was shaking the whole time. Fun, but crazy.