What's new

Newbie rolling

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I think you would find it easier using paper and not the mold, using the mold your trying t roll to a specific RG, using the paper that dont matter, whatever the RG comes out at works, when you get used to it go back to the mold, im not using my mold because i think it will be too difficult for me right now.
Just a thought lol

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They said the site was free for a month! Two ways to go blind... One way was to look at the eclipse without special glasses... the other... "those" websites. LOL

My first wraps looked like shit. I ripped it all off last night, watched videos on how to apply the wrap. The real secrets are in leaf prep and having a sharp cheveta and a decent cutting board. I'm still using a piece of 2x12 but a new end grain maple cutting board should be delivered today.

The stick shown in the picture is one I re-wrapped last night. I couldn't sleep so I got back up and ripped off the crappy wrapping and prepped and cut new the way Bliss does in his videos. IT WORKS! :)

I don't give a rats-A, if it's smokable, I just want to learn the process. If the cigars happen to be decent, so much the better.

Wrong type videos. That's what you're doing wrong.
BTW -- Don't give them your credit card, cause the wife reviews the charges. Don't ask me how I know.

Your stix look fine. You worry too much.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There's often lots of talk of chevetas. I want to make sure people who want to try this don't think they need to invest in one. I use a pizza cutter. It works great!
There are good reasons why pro rollers use a cheveta. Tools designed for a particular job usually are optimal.

In certainly not an expert here but using a cheveta has helped me improve my binders and wrappers.

But you are right, I don't think it's a requirement in the strict sense of things.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There's often lots of talk of chevetas. I want to make sure people who want to try this don't think they need to invest in one. I use a pizza cutter. It works great!
You are totally correct. One doesn't need a lot of stuff to get started. Your pizza cutter will work just fine. Heck, I bet a sharp knife with a curved edge would work, too.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
... and now, we are proceeding.
Thanks for that post. I was just now looking back at my first sticks, or what I 'thought' were cigars. I was pretty frustrated after trying it a few times. Then it sortta clicked. I would roll some, watch some of the many videos so I could understand what I needed to do differently.

Believe me, I'm "not there" yet, but rolling / wrapping are feeling pretty good now. My next goal is (are) two. 1) getting a consistent bunch from stick to stick and to get the bunch to be even throughout the stick. 2) capping. I really need to start capping. Oh wait, another one. I want to learn how to put a flag on the stick, too.