What's new

Pet peeves

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I have lost patience with people who are semi-literate,who cannot differentiate between than and then,you're and your,even to and too.
I have to think they are using some type of texting unit,and that the unit is trying to out think them by using spellcheck,which in itself is an abomination.

Then there is a total lack of proof reading their messages,which would catch and correct most of this.
And the naggingly repetitive use of "LIKE"............Makes me want to commit atrocities on the user..............

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have lost patience with people who are semi-literate,who cannot differentiate between than and then,you're and your,even to and too.
I have to think they are using some type of texting unit,and that the unit is trying to out think them by using spellcheck,which in itself is an abomination.

Then there is a total lack of proof reading their messages,which would catch and correct most of this.
And the naggingly repetitive use of "LIKE"............Makes me want to commit atrocities on the user..............
I to, like, really hate that. It's like when your trying to read what they wrote you would rather burn you're self then read whatever it is that they wrote. Your really write about people needing serious help with grammar and spelling and punctuation and like use of words in general.

(I'm going to go shower now. Writing like that made me feel dirty. If I commit suicide after I hope you will all understand why.)

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I am definitely guilty of that sometimes, mostly out of laziness and not wanting to correct my autocorrect. The shit that bothers me is when people use what I call retard short hand.

U no wat I sain?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0

I like, didn't no the difference between the to, too's. Your smart if you no.

:)

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I absolutely cannot stand people who chew with their mouth open or annoying gum chewers smacking their lips & cracking their gum constantly. It seriously enrages me to the point where I either blow up on them & say something or I have to walk away. So many people eat/chew like they were raised in a barn. So annoying to me! :p

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Another one. People who have no respect for personal space. I don't live in Europe. I need my 3 feet like everyone else here in 'Murica. What's worse, is when you go to move away and someone is standing on your heels.

This happened when I was grocery shopping on Monday. Lady already spit on the back of my arm with her cackle of a laugh and didn't apologize, but if I had 80 year old man balls she would have been standing on them. I went to leave and said excuse me as I was turning around, and she gave me this entitled and indignant "oh." I wanted to punch her husband in the head for not having the social awareness and decency to point out that she was up my ass the whole time. I decided it was close enough to Christmas to not give them my two cents...

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0

I like, didn't no the difference between the to, too's. Your smart if you no.

:)
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
People who don't leave trader feedback after doing a deal with them. And after 5 requests and messages sent ignore you like it's not written in the guidelines of this forum to do so. That really erks me, it's simple people follow the guidelines and have the same courteously back. This should really be emphasized or enforced more in my opinion.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
People who don't leave trader feedback after doing a deal with them. And after 5 requests and messages sent ignore you like it's not written in the guidelines of this forum to do so. That really erks me, it's simple people follow the guidelines and have the same courteously back. This should really be emphasized or enforced more in my opinion.
I am guilty of forgetting sometimes but after I'm reminded I always do it. I just don't log into my PC all the time. That is pretty crappy and TR feedback is expected on this board. It's the least someone can do.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
This is me, I sent a package and went on the road to visit family for.christmas. Got two messages and figured I would have time too get to a compiter before too much time passed... Apparently not and it madd someone upset. Sorry ill have feedback as soon as possible.

Back on topic

I hate people that made loud noises in public

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0

+ 1 on this ^^

Something that my 10th grade English teacher said struck a chord (not a cord) with me and from that point on I have been a firm believer that spelling and grammar are extremely important. One that has always gotten me is the misuse of the term "premises" which means building or piece of property. It is a term that is ALWAYS plural so one building is not a "premise". A premise is an assumption. This seems silly but it has always driven me nuts, especially when I see the bill from my electric company every month that reads "premise #5236". Come on people...I live in an actual house (premises) not in an assumption (premise).

There is also one that I see here a fair amount that used to drive me crazy and now I just tolerate it.

When you are smoking a cigar, the part of your body that picks up the flavors is your palate .

not your palette which is the board that an artist uses to mix colors

And certainly not a pallet which is something that you stack boxes on and load onto a truck with a forklift.

Attachments

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
When you are smoking a cigar, the part of your body that picks up the flavors is your palate .
not your palette which is the board that an artist uses to mix colors
👋😳 Guilty!
(but never again)
I agree with the importance of grammar, spelling and punctuation. I was so concerned about not using "pallet" that I completely missed the fact that I was still wrong, continually using palette.
Hmmm...