What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This has to be my favorite blend yet. Nicaraguan binder, lo Mata fina filler, a sliver of wlt Paraguay flojo, lo Brazilian viso, lo e shade ligero wrapper. Dark, deep, complex. Hardly any spice.
That's a very similar blend I've been using. Delicious to say the least.
I've been slipping in a small strip of Dominican valado cubana for more background , too.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This has to be my favorite blend yet. Nicaraguan binder, lo Mata fina filler, a sliver of wlt Paraguay flojo, lo Brazilian viso, lo e shade ligero wrapper. Dark, deep, complex. Hardly any spice.
Sounds good. What is this LO Mata Fina filler? You're using their wrapper for filler?

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Connecticut Broadleaf. Specifically the CT1LS from LO
Last night I used that on a few re-rolls. Rolls that were too big and too ugly. That leaf stretches like rubber but the veins are HUGE. I rolled as much them as I could but it's still pretty hardy looking wrapper. I hope it tastes good. I'm considering using it as filler if it's got a good flavor since it is so rugged looking.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Last night I used that on a few re-rolls. Rolls that were too big and too ugly. That leaf stretches like rubber but the veins are HUGE. I rolled as much them as I could but it's still pretty hardy looking wrapper. I hope it tastes good. I'm considering using it as filler if it's got a good flavor since it is so rugged looking.
You can get nice looking wrapper out of it, just keep practicing. Make sure your wrapper strip is only about 2"-2.5" wide so it's easier to keep the veins straight. As the wrapper dries and shrinks the veins will flatten some. Try to use only the outer edge of the leaf where the vein is smallest and save your scraps for filler because it is some tasty stuff IMO.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can get nice looking wrapper out of it, just keep practicing. Make sure your wrapper strip is only about 2"-2.5" wide so it's easier to keep the veins straight. As the wrapper dries and shrinks the veins will flatten some. Try to use only the outer edge of the leaf where the vein is smallest and save your scraps for filler because it is some tasty stuff IMO.
It looks great except for the big veins. They do look better since they dried a little. I rolled them and used the outer most part of the leaf.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kinda annoying to deal with those big veins since I used Ecu Ligero... Do the CBL have any specific advantages?