What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
This has to be my favorite blend yet. Nicaraguan binder, lo Mata fina filler, a sliver of wlt Paraguay flojo, lo Brazilian viso, lo e shade ligero wrapper. Dark, deep, complex. Hardly any spice.
Hehehe you've stumbled into my blending territory, i have a feeling you'll enjoy it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Only CBL tastes like CBL... Earthy chocolate with spice and some sweetness. It has a signature flavor you're not getting with any other leaf.
Are you trying to sell these guys on CBL? I still enjoy shoving it into the bunch. Burns better too. It's cheap and massive leaves. Don't need much!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to know what leaf was in that, then. IMHO that stick's not gonna get smokeable because it's got unprocessed shitleaf in it. Maybe some LO Nic thing?
Can't remember but definitely mainly LO Nic leaves. I rolled some from Nic Ligero + Viso + Seco with MSA, and vacuum sealed a week, smokes alright at 3 months old. Do you think it is the vacuum seal makes the difference?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Can't remember but definitely mainly LO Nic leaves. I rolled some from Nic Ligero + Viso + Seco with MSA, and vacuum sealed a week, smokes alright at 3 months old. Do you think it is the vacuum seal makes the difference?
Don't know, but the most consistently headache-and-sickness leaf I ever used was LO Nic. So I never touch that stuff anymore even while others rave about their great blends with it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LO Nic Ligero is awesome tasting. Seco is a bit weak. Viso isn't bad, but I haven't had a bunch to spare to play with. Viso Itastes like what seco should really taste like in my opinion. I put it in nearly every roll I make. The Ligero. I don't do a straight LO Nic blend - there's no contrast. I always put it with something else to add depth.

I've never had too much nicotine from any home roll. I wish I could find that edge. The only thing that makes my head spin is a Padron 1926.

I like LO's bags better than WLT's vacuum bags. They are easier to work with, and I can keep some modest humidity in them between days of rolling. My WLT stuff dries out so quickly because I can't reclose them that I always have to prep those leaves or they crumble.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I will vacuum seal if I am trying to cut down on the drying time. Flavor/strength change is barely noticeable but seems to reduce rather than add to it.

Just got in my first order of LO nic leaves so no prior experience with them. With Bliss' feedback I think they will be in for the mojo treatment to smooth them out. As usual, time to experiment.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gorgeous! How do you do that? What's your mold?
Thanks. I make them as usual in my 46 ring parejo mold, put the wrappers on, then set them in the box press mold I made for a few hours while the wrapper stiffens up. This is a picture of the 46 box press I made with a different batch I made over the weekend just before pressing it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I make them as usual in my 46 ring parejo mold, put the wrappers on, then set them in the box press mold I made for a few hours while the wrapper stiffens up. This is a picture of the 46 box press I made with a different batch I made over the weekend just before pressing it.
Emmmm wish I had that mold!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Only CBL tastes like CBL... Earthy chocolate with spice and some sweetness. It has a signature flavor you're not getting with any other leaf.
Eggs Ackley. That's what led me to the factory in McSherrystown in the first place. Any of you ever get a chance to ride thru Lancaster County in late summer when the baccy is hanging on poles in slat-sided barns, roll down your window, stick your head out, and catch a major snurf of that goodness. Telling you...

YUM!

That's how I got to be a gar smoker in the first place.