What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are you trying to sell these guys on CBL? I still enjoy shoving it into the bunch. Burns better too. It's cheap and massive leaves. Don't need much!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
That's exactly how I used it this weekend.
I built a blend around some LO Nic Habano Ligero I have on hand, and used two strips about an inch wide but overlapping in the middle for some added dimension.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks. I make them as usual in my 46 ring parejo mold, put the wrappers on, then set them in the box press mold I made for a few hours while the wrapper stiffens up. This is a picture of the 46 box press I made with a different batch I made over the weekend just before pressing it.
We're always asking for something different. Can you make that but only with rounded box corners to make a soft box press?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We're always asking for something different. Can you make that but only with rounded box corners to make a soft box press?
The top will look incredible funky, I'm not sure if that part would do what you hope it would do. The bottom can be rounded easily.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post is kinda a two-for...
A. Kieth is awesome and made me an awesome mold which has helped me roll significantly prettier sticks.

B. Here are two very similar cigars. The top one has a Sumatra binder as a wrapper where the bottom one has Honduras Cuban seed wrapper.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Spot the mistake in todays rolls lol, wrapper wrong way round on the top one, what an idiot i am, no problem, a smoker for meView attachment 102159
Funny enough. Last night I wrapped a dozen with Mexican San Andres (difficult to work with) and put two on inside out. No problem, they'll smoke the same.
The others look pretty good.

As an observation:
It seems as though the commercial sticks I've dissected had a very wide wrapper on them. The vids I see from many home rollers, they are cutting the wrapper in a much thinner strip. I've started to use a much wider wrapper to imitate that, and so far it's working out OK. Not that one's right or wrong, just different.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Funny enough. Last night I wrapped a dozen with Mexican San Andres (difficult to work with) and put two on inside out. No problem, they'll smoke the same.
The others look pretty good.

As an observation:
It seems as though the commercial sticks I've dissected had a very wide wrapper on them. The vids I see from many home rollers, they are cutting the wrapper in a much thinner strip. I've started to use a much wider wrapper to imitate that, and so far it's working out OK. Not that one's right or wrong, just different.
The Dominican style is narrow, and their wrapper leaves are not as fine as the Cuban leaves, so they have to cut away more vein and use less overlap to ensure burn. The Cubans and pros of some other countries often have much finer and better wrappers and they can go as wide as they want; which they do. They also taste better, so the more the merrier in the blend.

For obvious reasons, the thinner style tends to work better with what we've got.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Dominican style is narrow, and their wrapper leaves are not as fine as the Cuban leaves, so they have to cut away more vein and use less overlap to ensure burn. The Cubans and pros of some other countries often have much finer and better wrappers and they can go as wide as they want; which they do. They also taste better, so the more the merrier in the blend.

For obvious reasons, the thinner style tends to work better with what we've got.
ya know, that's something I noticed but didn't give it much thought. That makes perfect sense.