What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
May you always ride shiny side up, sticky side down. I'm sorry to hear about your sister yet glad to know you're sticking around. Good luck on that long-ass ride!
MR Jim D! I sure hope you plan on meeting us in Denver for our Roll together! I got your bomb yesterday and I JUST finished my first smoke of yours DYYYNOMITE! I'll post a review after I've smoked a few more :p which won't be long cause now I want to try more like I'm in a candy store lol. Thank you SO much for sending them gems my way... I love tasting the creativity of another MOTL.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Vanerpaddel

In English, we have an idiom "a stick of furniture", as in: "They just moved in and they don't have a stick of furniture." Among cigar smokers, we often call a cigar a "stick". Therefore, to name a cigar Ikea is apt.

That's a very attractive stick, by the way.
Haaahaaa... this is SO TRUE! Now it's a 'Lick of Furniture' lol... wonder if they got that from naughty pets always licking and gnawing on furniture or from naughty humans doing similarly? hmmmm.... in that case would a Cracker Barrel Label be suitable? :cigar::hilarious::LOL::kiss:

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
MR Jim D! I sure hope you plan on meeting us in Denver for our Roll together! I got your bomb yesterday and I JUST finished my first smoke of yours DYYYNOMITE! I'll post a review after I've smoked a few more :p which won't be long cause now I want to try more like I'm in a candy store lol. Thank you SO much for sending them gems my way... I love tasting the creativity of another MOTL.
I hope you enjoy them!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Honduran seco, Nica Habano seco and ligero, and Corojo viso.
@blisscigarco , If you would be so kind, would you share your thoughts on this blend? And what ratio did you use for the leaves?
I just made an inventory sheet and want to try my latest addition, the Nic Hab Ligero. Your blend above is one of the hits I found searching BOTL Roller's forum...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@blisscigarco , If you would be so kind, would you share your thoughts on this blend? And what ratio did you use for the leaves?
I just made an inventory sheet and want to try my latest addition, the Nic Hab Ligero. Your blend above is one of the hits I found searching BOTL Roller's forum...
My notes for that say things like "Not terrible nor awesome. Could use more flavor." My blend for that stick was seco-heavy to compensate for the viso wrapper, and in that case it didn't yield enough "juice." It was like 3:1:1 (seco:viso:ligero).

I have a lot (3 years) of experience with those leaves. For a long time I used the NHS as a binder, but now I don't. I do think that it's one of the better WLT leaves tho. And for a long time I liked that Corojo viso a lot; now I don't nearly as much and no longer "stock" it. It lost some magic somewhere along the line. The ligero, after all these years, I haven't fully come to grips with. I keep making things with it that are too strong for me when I use it; which might be great for you, no idea. I'm going to try some new things with it (I have about a pound in reserve) when my LO order comes in sometime next week.

My suggestion is to take your favorite seco and roll a stick with it and snudge in different amounts of that NHL (1/2 leaf, leaf, 1.5 leaves....) and see what happens. That's what I'd do.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My notes for that say things like "Not terrible nor awesome. Could use more flavor." My blend for that stick was seco-heavy to compensate for the viso wrapper, and in that case it didn't yield enough "juice." It was like 3:1:1 (seco:viso:ligero).

I have a lot (3 years) of experience with those leaves. For a long time I used the NHS as a binder, but now I don't. I do think that it's one of the better WLT leaves tho. And for a long time I liked that Corojo viso a lot; now I don't nearly as much and no longer "stock" it. It lost some magic somewhere along the line. The ligero, after all these years, I haven't fully come to grips with. I keep making things with it that are too strong for me when I use it; which might be great for you, no idea. I'm going to try some new things with it (I have about a pound in reserve) when my LO order comes in sometime next week.

My suggestion is to take your favorite seco and roll a stick with it and snudge in different amounts of that NHL (1/2 leaf, leaf, 1.5 leaves....) and see what happens. That's what I'd do.
I received some Nic Habano Ligero from WLT just before xmas, just broke it out tonight, did a double Ligero along with some Dom Seco and Piloto Cubano Viso both from WLT, bound it in some Nic (Habano) that i got from Ruiz Customs in Reno (he was kind of vague on the origins)
The Ligero smells wonderful, have you tried that 1? going to wrap them with the Nic Habano wrapper i got from the same place.IMG_1719.JPG

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Jim D... you like this pic of your stick in my mouth? :hilarious:Smile... I'm the only one here who can say that and it be filthy and fantastic all at the same time lol... I'm enjoying your blends... I smoked this one in the pic yesterday ... smoking another one now... I like the one I'm smoking this morning VERY much. The burn is PERFECT and the flavor profile is excellent. To be continued ... ~xox

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been doing Beveled Edge Open Caps for a few years now but this was the first time I used Black Honey on the closure. I use honey just not the black one... it seals SO much better! Here's a pic ... from the forward look you can't tell that they are open cap... they just look like regular cap till you turn them up like this... then you see the beveled edge ... the honey creates a light seal on the exposed tobacco... you simply tongue the hole a lil and the seal releases :ROFLMAO: I swear I can't help myself!