What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
OK, I was going to hold off on this for a month or two... but here is my itinerary for next year

I intend a farewell tour for my 70th birthday. I want to ride across the country & back during the month of July. Hug my sisters in Vegas, Sacramento, and Hawai'i; ride the Ozarks, Sierras and Rockies; tickle my great-grands in Idaho and Utah. My birthday is the 8th. So I would head out Saturday June 30th, arrive in Sacramento the 7th; fly to Hilo the 10th; return the 13th or 14th; then meander back however. Therefore, somewhere midst that last half of the month, Denver would be easy enough for me to make. Couple months from now, I will be begging for places to couch surf along the road. I have a list of stops along the way, if anyone is close enough willing for me to impose. The route out is basically I-70 to route 50 to Sacto. The route back is simply East. I'll be toting stashes to burn & wear, and I might ship stashes ahead to pick up along the way. As it stands now, I'll prolly be riding the Guzzi Jackal named Goldenbitch. She does not leave oil spots. She makes noise; but not obnoxious Harley noise. I'll have a tent and bedroll for the back yard; but I'll need wifi to keep both businesses alive. I'm flying in a grand-daughter and her toddler son to Dull-Aware, to keep the Redheaded Bearswatter company while I'm gone.

That's my plan.

So, yeah, I'm in, if it can fit that window.

In fact, if you all can make it happen, I'll buy drinks.
Just wondering @webmost , why a "farewell" tour? You skipping town after that?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Webmost, if you can make a trip like this on a MC this is no farewell tour. Your healthier then most of us.

That's a lot of riding for even a young man.
That's a lot of time off for a working man with two side businesses, is what it is.
I'll post details later. All's I know, I'll be cruising the hinterlands about the last half of July, if someone wants to gather a herf & roll.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
That's a lot of time off for a working man with two side businesses, is what it is.
I'll post details later. All's I know, I'll be cruising the hinterlands about the last half of July, if someone wants to gather a herf & roll.
If you feel like braving the I-10 and passing through Phoenix make sure you let me know. We have WiFi and a swimming pool. Plenty to drink as well.