What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's that Paraguayan criollo like? Never noticed it before.
It’s a strong pepper flavor that hits your throat. It’s really thick even for the little Ligero I’ve been able to touch. Hard to roll it up to try on its own. I put a strip of it with a blend and it amped it up. Insane it on LeafOnly and was intrigued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I does. So I'll ask a followup. Is anyone familiar with a commercial cigar that adds veins? I've seen some significant veins the odd time but I assume they were mistakes by the roller.
I'd ask which veins he's talking about. I never took it for center vein; rather that he's describing a slice of leaf with three lamina sections and 2 cross veins. Something that would equate to about 1/3 of one half of a leaf.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright. we have veins and we have mid-ribs or stems.
All cigars have veins, most cigars have mid-ribs to a degree.
We even have one where the filler is all vein/mid-rib/stem though it does have a leaf wrapper, I do suspect the binder to be homogenized.
There is one brand suggestively said to have only lamina, excluding the binder/wrapper.
Do you remember the dissection video where it was discovered ultra-premium cigars were found to be, how would you say, lesser.
bliss did hit the nail on the head with "about 1/3 of one half of a leaf".
Having said that, blends may call for a specific amount of something for a profile target.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't very often see the terms midrib or stem being used by tobacco people. I more often see "center vein" or "central vein."