What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of my third stick (I think I smoked my second cigar right away to see how it turned out). I had to put it away, wrapped in a paper towel, as the wrapper was way too wet when I wrapped it. This is from the Torreso Profundo kit that I purchased. The draw was pretty good for my third roll. Didn't seem to be a whole lot there flavor wise. I didn't use a lot Crillo 98 ligero in this roll, mostly Dominican seco. Maybe that's why it seemed very mild. Good amount smoke from the cigar.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here is a pic of my third stick (I think I smoked my second cigar right away to see how it turned out). I had to put it away, wrapped in a paper towel, as the wrapper was way too wet when I wrapped it. This is from the Torreso Profundo kit that I purchased. The draw was pretty good for my third roll. Didn't seem to be a whole lot there flavor wise. I didn't use a lot Crillo 98 ligero in this roll, mostly Dominican seco. Maybe that's why it seemed very mild. Good amount smoke from the cigar.

View attachment 149031
Nice progress. Yeah some secos don't bring much flavor to the party, do they.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rolled a few yesterday. Turned out not great as far as the consistency. I even wrapped a cigar with the wrapper on the wrong side (I know, I know). Here is a pic of the cigars. with #2 I used a little cigar mold I got with a kit.

Then today I received something BEAUTIFUL!!! 44x7 baby!! Lol! Surprisingly #4 and #5 fit in there nicely. Gonna be a FUN weekend!

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I rolled a few yesterday. Turned out not great as far as the consistency. I even wrapped a cigar with the wrapper on the wrong side (I know, I know). Here is a pic of the cigars. with #2 I used a little cigar mold I got with a kit.

Then today I received something BEAUTIFUL!!! 44x7 baby!! Lol! Surprisingly #4 and #5 fit in there nicely. Gonna be a FUN weekend!

View attachment 149058

View attachment 149059
Lol I’ve used the wrong side of the wrapper at least once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

View attachment 149058

View attachment 149059
That's great! Congrats on the nice mold score.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday, I did my first big bunch of cigars. (11) Lol! These are from a blend kit: Nic Rosado wrapper, Sumatra Binder, Corojo 99 Seco, Nic Habano Viso. The first 3 I did a 1:1 with .5 binder. Binder was so thin that I had to double bind after the first couple. Then I did a 2:1 with seco/viso, then switched 1:2 seco/viso. In the middle of this run, I decided to see what the Seco was like, so I rolled a little cigar with the Sumatra binder and Rosado wrapper. Total of 11 cigars before I ran out of the Nicaragua Habano Viso. :(

I waited a few hours to wrap, but I really got over excited with the spritzing... Quite wet wrap.

I smoked #3 this morning with my morning coffee. I REALLY need to work on my tasting skills. It was a nice little smoke. Did I detect any hints or notes of anything?? Nope, not really. Lol. Tasted like a cigar... It was a nice 30 minute cigar with coffee. It had a somewhat loose draw, that got better with time. I need to tighten my roll a little I think. Most of my cigars I have smoked seem to be spot on with the draw, a few have had a loose draw. Haven't had one yet with a tight draw,

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yesterday, I did my first big bunch of cigars. (11) Lol! These are from a blend kit: Nic Rosado wrapper, Sumatra Binder, Corojo 99 Seco, Nic Habano Viso. The first 3 I did a 1:1 with .5 binder. Binder was so thin that I had to double bind after the first couple. Then I did a 2:1 with seco/viso, then switched 1:2 seco/viso. In the middle of this run, I decided to see what the Seco was like, so I rolled a little cigar with the Sumatra binder and Rosado wrapper. Total of 11 cigars before I ran out of the Nicaragua Habano Viso. :(

I waited a few hours to wrap, but I really got over excited with the spritzing... Quite wet wrap.

I smoked #3 this morning with my morning coffee. I REALLY need to work on my tasting skills. It was a nice little smoke. Did I detect any hints or notes of anything?? Nope, not really. Lol. Tasted like a cigar... It was a nice 30 minute cigar with coffee. It had a somewhat loose draw, that got better with time. I need to tighten my roll a little I think. Most of my cigars I have smoked seem to be spot on with the draw, a few have had a loose draw. Haven't had one yet with a tight draw,

View attachment 149189
View attachment 149190

Tough to pick out notes, etc., when you are drinking coffee. Coffee is a fine accompaniment to a relaxing cigar experience; but not to the discerning palate experience. You would want something which cleans the palate; not something which muddies it. Think about last time you went to a winery... The give you water to wash your mouth between tastes, and often little crackers or bread bits or pretzels to neutralize any whatchamacallit. Try Rye whiskey or Irish whiskey or a good anejo rum or Coors or best of all weak lemonade. I'm not saying that coffee isn't enjoyable with a gar. I'm just saying that the whole palate thing does not work unless you maintain a clean palate. A discerning palate is a clean palate.

BTW -- Them're some damn nice lookin Rexgars you got there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not too good at notes either. I can detect barnyard, and pencil shavings though. Generally I have: I cant taste much, tastes good, tastes great, with light to strong, works for me. (things change for the better with time) I dry box and have some from 3 months ago, and my notes changed for the better.