What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Do you remember the dissection video where it was discovered ultra-premium cigars were found to be, how would you say, lesser.
So I watched the dissection video. I've seen these before but this one was interesting as you suggested. The Padron 1964 is a great cigar. The one he dissected not only had a big center vein in it, it also had a good size hole in the wrapper. He suggests that he must have done it when unwrapping but I looked back and the hole was there from the beginning. When he dissected the Opus X (painful to see) there were no big veins but there was a hole in that wrapper too.
I guess "premium" cigars are not always as premium as I thought.

I think I'll roll a few with some big veins to see how it affects the flavor and burn.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
He probably wouldn't be surprised nowadays to see that kind of mass stemage: you see stem-in bunching all the time in videos, at operations like Davidoff, Drew Estate, etc. Sometimes I doubt the stuff the dude says about why it's there, usually some stuff about "that's where the flavor is," or whatever. I think it's there for structure and profit. The fact that it's in a Padron tells us that it doesn't hurt the flavor any.

One common falsehood you hear is that the stems are high in nicotine. One Cuban campasino said something like "90% of the nicotine is in the stems" in video I saw. In fact the stems have very little nic compared to the leafy parts.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What has Candela, Criollo 98 and Jalapa wrappers. 1) San Vicente ligero/Corojo 99 viso/T-13 with PA/San Andreas Binders? And 2) Criollo 98 Viso/Condega Viso with a Vuelta Abajo binder? And 3) Cibao Vuelta Abajo Ligero/Condega Viso/Cibao Corojo Viso with a mata fina binder?
That's easy. Medusa.
The real question is, which wrappers wrap which filler combos?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What has Candela, Criollo 98 and Jalapa wrappers. 1) San Vicente ligero/Corojo 99 viso/T-13 with PA/San Andreas Binders? And 2) Criollo 98 Viso/Condega Viso with a Vuelta Abajo binder? And 3) Cibao Vuelta Abajo Ligero/Condega Viso/Cibao Corojo Viso with a mata fina binder?
That's easy. Medusa.
The real question is, which wrappers wrap which filler combos?
Here’s my guess. 1 is Criollo 98. 2 is Candela. 3 is Jalapa.
Some of those leaves you used I’m not familiar with so it’s more a roll the dice guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first shipment of tobacco today. Here is my first cigar!! Turned out bigger than I thought it would. Lol. Also, I'm pretty sure the draw is way too lose! I was very surprised how fast the filler and binder dried out.
Ha! It looks like a frickin tree branch! lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job. Keep up at it. I setup in a small room with a humidifier. Takes a good amount of practice to get it decent. I think I’ve done somewhere around 30 to 40 and seem to be able to get most with an acceptable draw more often than not.... I’ve watched Bliss’s and Webmost’s videos and they make it look so simple.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job. Keep up at it. I setup in a small room with a humidifier. Takes a good amount of practice to get it decent. I think I’ve done somewhere around 30 to 40 and seem to be able to get most with an acceptable draw more often than not.... I’ve watched Bliss’s and Webmost’s videos and they make it look so simple.

Yes, they make it look incredibly simple!! Oh, yeah, take a little bit of this, little bit of that, and we roll... See, a beautiful cigar. Simple as that! (YEAH RIGHT) Haha!! I am using my laundry room to roll cigars. Great space! Might need to look into a humidifier, instead of an infuser... Not sure yet.