What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First sticks I’ve banged out since November of last year. Not happy at all with them and struggling with the glue as the movers lost a good amount of my stuff including my good gum tragacanth so I used the stuff WLT sends with their leaf and “no me gusta”
You obviously know more than I do but for what it’s worth I’d smoke one… I’ve paid for worse looking commercial sticks. Although the bulge towards the end of that second one does give it a comical appearance…

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
You obviously know more than I do but for what it’s worth I’d smoke one… I’ve paid for worse looking commercial sticks.
I used to trade sticks for ducats a lot. I hold myself to a high standard and would never take money for these. That being said I will burn and share these and they will probably smoke great assuming the blend is decent, but they just aren’t what I was aiming for in the looks department

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
... struggling with the glue as the movers lost a good amount of my stuff including my good gum tragacanth ...
Shoot. Charlie handed me two jugs of Bermacol... enough for two lifetimes. I could've thrown in a jar of the stuff with your leaves if I'd known at the time.
You into the Bermacol? Prolly can't get it there by Christmas.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Shoot. Charlie handed me two jugs of Bermacol... enough for two lifetimes. I could've thrown in a jar of the stuff with your leaves if I'd known at the time.
You into the Bermacol? Prolly can't get it there by Christmas.
I misspoke, the Bermacol is the stuff I like. I actually placed an order through rollerschoice halfway through wrapping last night. You sir have wreaked enough havoc on my mailbox. I appreciate the offer and hope I can do the leaf you sent justice

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Group shot after letting them dry overnight. Not hating how they look as much today, especially considering it’s been over a year since I’ve rolled, I’m in humid Florida and not dry ass Arizona, and I was working with a glue I wasn’t familiar with. I’m real great at extending grace to others, just not myself. I’m anxious to set fire to these to see how the blend turned out, they smell like barnyard which is usually a good thing in my opinion. I definitely intend to cheat and torch one tonight, I usually like to wait longer but it’s been ages since I’ve had a freshieIMG_0268.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Group shot after letting them dry overnight. Not hating how they look as much today, especially considering it’s been over a year since I’ve rolled, I’m in humid Florida and not dry ass Arizona, and I was working with a glue I wasn’t familiar with. I’m real great at extending grace to others, just not myself. I’m anxious to set fire to these to see how the blend turned out, they smell like barnyard which is usually a good thing in my opinion. I definitely intend to cheat and torch one tonight, I usually like to wait longer but it’s been ages since I’ve had a freshieView attachment 167355
Love to see your back at it [mention]BrewinHooligan [/mention] ! I know I’ve learned a few things from you since Ive started as well. Lots of great info in the home rollers section on BOTL. For 1 year off, you make it look like riding a bike! Looking good there brother!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Love to see your back at it [mention]BrewinHooligan [/mention] ! I know I’ve learned a few things from you since Ive started as well. Lots of great info in the home rollers section on BOTL. For 1 year off, you make it look like riding a bike! Looking good there brother!
Thank you! I started my Adventures in Home Rolling thread hoping I could help and/or encourage to start rolling at least one person and never expected to make any real impact to anyone. It’s satisfying and humbling to see others progress (y’all get better way faster than I did) and I’m glad to be back at it.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I like the shape of that chaveta.
Chris Morgan of Morgan Pipes (@morganpipes on Instagram) made that for me. It’s kinda small and I wasn’t a fan of the size at first but I’ve gotten used to it and couldn’t imagine using anything else now. It’s also wicked sharp and will slice through paper like a razor so I have to operate with a higher level of caution than my other chavetas.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First sticks I’ve banged out since November of last year. Not happy at all with them and struggling with the glue as the movers lost a good amount of my stuff including my good gum tragacanth so I used the stuff WLT sends with their leaf and “no me gusta”
.5 leaf Cibao valley criollo ligero
1 leaf T13 viso
1 leaf nica criollo seco (LO)
Jochy blanco Sumatra binder
Corojo Oscuro wrapper View attachment 167349
I’ve always found the WLT glue to have very mild sticking properties, I prefer xanthan gum.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's what FXSS uses. When he moved to the DR, he offered me like 5 gallon jugs of the stuff, but I foolishly declined. Dunno what they use down there. Seems to work as well as cellulose. No diff, far as I can see.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow work day being a holiday week. Wrapped up the 10 in the spread for a buddy who put together a blend. Ones with the white bands on or underneath are “scrap sticks”.

Buddy blend:
Wrapper: LO Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder: LO Cameroon (LO Cameroon is a pain to work with but does have some good flavors imparting on blends)
Filler: 2x LO Nicaraguan Estelí Ligero
1x WLT Dominican Criollo ‘98 Viso
1x LO Nicaraguan Estelí Seco

Hopefully, the recipe has some decent flavor. Feeling like from when I started until now (year later) I’ve been trying to dial a few things in and try certain techniques that work for me. Always a work in progress, but love seeing the end result and immediately critiquing the completed work.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Slow work day being a holiday week. Wrapped up the 10 in the spread for a buddy who put together a blend. Ones with the white bands on or underneath are “scrap sticks”.

Buddy blend:
Wrapper: LO Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder: LO Cameroon (LO Cameroon is a pain to work with but does have some good flavors imparting on blends)
Filler: 2x LO Nicaraguan Estelí Ligero
1x WLT Dominican Criollo ‘98 Viso
1x LO Nicaraguan Estelí Seco

Hopefully, the recipe has some decent flavor. Feeling like from when I started until now (year later) I’ve been trying to dial a few things in and try certain techniques that work for me. Always a work in progress, but love seeing the end result and immediately critiquing the completed work.

Hopefully that blend can survive the presence of the Criollo viso. That is not a pleasant-tasting leaf.