What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent point B. I’ll definitely provide feedback. I usually try 1 within the first 2 weeks wrapped. Otherwise, after 2 months. Hopefully it helps anyone considering a blend.

Tangent: I’ve considered holding certain blends of mine that are near and dear…. However, I’ve realized that anything that I put together may be certain crop years or have variations on certain crops. I’ve came to believe that for me personally holding back any blends I’ve put together with “home roll” tobacco is not worth it. I’d love to send everyone here blends that I roll up that hit just right. However, if you can roll it up and enjoy it even more, then please do! Otherwise, you better be posting up ways to make the blend better for us all to enjoy!

Who knows… maybe we can have our own BOTL “Home Rollers” blends

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hopefully that blend can survive the presence of the Criollo viso. That is not a pleasant-tasting leaf.
It’s been a few years since I’ve ordered the criollo viso but I remember it working in the past. Now I’m panicking as my previous blends that used to hit may very well miss now. Only one way to find out though… As long as the corojo (all primings) are still good I should be ok. Any word on the LO Ecuador Habano binder and wrapper? We can take this to pm to it clutter the thread but any info that can be shared on current available leaf is much appreciated. I’ve rolled enough turds, I’d like to avoid more

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Excellent point B. I’ll definitely provide feedback. I usually try 1 within the first 2 weeks wrapped. Otherwise, after 2 months. Hopefully it helps anyone considering a blend.

Tangent: I’ve considered holding certain blends of mine that are near and dear…. However, I’ve realized that anything that I put together may be certain crop years or have variations on certain crops. I’ve came to believe that for me personally holding back any blends I’ve put together with “home roll” tobacco is not worth it. I’d love to send everyone here blends that I roll up that hit just right. However, if you can roll it up and enjoy it even more, then please do! Otherwise, you better be posting up ways to make the blend better for us all to enjoy!

Who knows… maybe we can have our own BOTL “Home Rollers” blends
I have freely shared all my blends that have been killer for a few reasons. The main one being I have had people in the industry generously share information with me and I believe in paying it forward. Tastes are subjective and what I like others may hate. The ratios I use may not be equal to what others use and small variations can make a large difference. Last but not least, the amount of us home rollers compared to cigar smokers is a tiny fraction and I’m always trying to throw others down the slippery slope

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have freely shared all my blends that have been killer for a few reasons. The main one being I have had people in the industry generously share information with me and I believe in paying it forward. Tastes are subjective and what I like others may hate. The ratios I use may not be equal to what others use and small variations can make a large difference. Last but not least, the amount of us home rollers compared to cigar smokers is a tiny fraction and I’m always trying to throw others down the slippery slope
Agree 110% [mention]BrewinHooligan [/mention]

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Criollo seco was good. (I sent my last of it to BrewinHooligan years ago).

My last pound of the viso, though, I dumpstered .8 lbs of it. I just don't believe in wasting time "trying to do something" with leaf that tastes bad. I don't have enough years left.

A viso should be my most awesome tasting leaf. It is the sweet spot. I should be able to roll it up in a binder and wrapper and smoke it. If it tastes terrible when I do that, or much worse than my other visos, then I move on from that bad relationship without trying to salvage it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Criollo seco was good. (I sent my last of it to BrewinHooligan years ago).

My last pound of the viso, though, I dumpstered .8 lbs of it. I just don't believe in wasting time "trying to do something" with leaf that tastes bad. I don't have enough years left.

A viso should be my most awesome tasting leaf. It is the sweet spot. I should be able to roll it up in a binder and wrapper and smoke it. If it tastes terrible when I do that, or much worse than my other visos, then I move on from that bad relationship without trying to salvage it.
Was your WLT Criollo Viso from this past year?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I love how a label from the drawer turns a 1-dollar home-roll into a $17 cigar.

Same Ec Habano binder leaf for binder and wrapper, Corojo Viso and Piloto Ligero fillers. I think if I had access to Newman's Havana wrapper this thing would be pretty close to the original.
Looks better than the real deal my man. Always inspiring me to step up my game

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Found some FX Smith CT shade leaf that I acquired from [mention]webmost [/mention] in February 2018. Rushed bringing it to case and remembered how temperamental this stuff is. Despite the leaves best efforts I was able to get some rolls finished tonight. 1/2 leaf Cibao valley criollo ligero, 1 t13 viso, and 1 nica habano seco bound in my dwindling stash of Jochy Blanco Sumatra binder. The shorty will get a Viking funeral tomorrow after I finish work to see if it’s a blend worth filling a few molds worth. Would like to get back to pumping out 50+ sticks a weekIMG_0387.jpg

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Found some FX Smith CT shade leaf that I acquired from [mention]webmost [/mention] in February 2018. Rushed bringing it to case and remembered how temperamental this stuff is. Despite the leaves best efforts I was able to get some rolls finished tonight. 1/2 leaf Cibao valley criollo ligero, 1 t13 viso, and 1 nica habano seco bound in my dwindling stash of Jochy Blanco Sumatra binder. The shorty will get a Viking funeral tomorrow after I finish work to see if it’s a blend worth filling a few molds worth. Would like to get back to pumping out 50+ sticks a weekView attachment 167493
Good luck!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Found some FX Smith CT shade leaf that I acquired from [mention]webmost [/mention] in February 2018. Rushed bringing it to case and remembered how temperamental this stuff is. Despite the leaves best efforts I was able to get some rolls finished tonight. 1/2 leaf Cibao valley criollo ligero, 1 t13 viso, and 1 nica habano seco bound in my dwindling stash of Jochy Blanco Sumatra binder. The shorty will get a Viking funeral tomorrow after I finish work to see if it’s a blend worth filling a few molds worth. Would like to get back to pumping out 50+ sticks a weekView attachment 167493
What will you use for binder after your dwindling supply dissipates? I may copy cat your recipe on occasion....of course without the perfectly parallel sides...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
What will you use for binder after your dwindling supply dissipates? I may copy cat your recipe on occasion....of course without the perfectly parallel sides...
I need to shop binder leaf today actually. In the past I would use Dominican binder or Ecuadorian habano depending on the blend and what I was shooting for. Seems Bliss is having luck with the Ec habano so that will be a for sure. Anyone currently using the Dominican binder from LO and has an opinion of current quality I’m all ears.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some extra LO CT BL wrapper prepped up. Wrapped up these “scrap filler” sticks. Binders are of various leaf that was left over from previous rolling sessions. Some binders being scrap wrapper leaf. My scrap sticks are enjoyable and frustrating to roll at times. Always hand rolled & using news paper strips to “mold” them.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Had some extra LO CT BL wrapper prepped up. Wrapped up these “scrap filler” sticks. Binders are of various leaf that was left over from previous rolling sessions. Some binders being scrap wrapper leaf. My scrap sticks are enjoyable and frustrating to roll at times. Always hand rolled & using news paper strips to “mold” them.

Believe it or not I’ve never done anything with my scraps. I’ve got a bag going now of scraps that’s already almost full and I definitely am going to start rolling them up. Those look damn good man

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe it or not I’ve never done anything with my scraps. I’ve got a bag going now of scraps that’s already almost full and I definitely am going to start rolling them up. Those look damn good man
Thanks brother! I have bags of scrap sticks. Usually toss em to buddies who just want a cigar to smoke. I tell em the wrapper & binder. When I get to filler I shrug my shoulders. Lol. I also mention to not fall in love with it, as it’s 1 of a kind! Nice thing about these is that if they have a hard draw, burn issues, or just plain old suck… I don’t feel bad chucking it.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Last nights blend validation. First opinion: creamy with a hit of nuts and spice. Medium body and flavor. Nothing offensive and I think I have a shade wrapped blend I would enjoy daily and I usually don’t care for shade wrapped sticks. Anxious to see how they are with a few months rest. Going to fill a few molds to make sure I have enough to age a couple at least
IMG_0395.jpg