What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@blisscigarco you check all of your draws before you wrap them right?

When rolling this last batch, I did check them, wrapped the ones that were decent and repressed the ones that were a bit too loose. Checked them the next day and they were perfect, so wrapped them there.

I'm guessing that wrapping them like this "locks" them into the correct draw? Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
I absolutely do. And I do the ol' mold shuffley-do if they ain't right (My only blank spot is between 35 and 38).

Seems to me that the draw is pretty locked after the wrap unless you roll with some component wet, at which who knows. I roll dry so my draw doesn't change after the wrap.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I absolutely do. And I do the ol' mold shuffley-do if they ain't right (My only blank spot is between 35 and 38).

Seems to me that the draw is pretty locked after the wrap unless you roll with some component wet, at which who knows. I roll dry so my draw doesn't change after the wrap.
Yeah my filler is always fairly dry. It seemed to work really well doing it this way, just breaks up the wrapping sessions.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
View attachment 168662

Thoughts:
Didn't freeze too bad... But, my beer turned into a slushy... This is my horseshitty blend variation #1, with condega ligero, Ec habano wrapper. There's some promise there, the condega adds some pepper and a dry cocoa. Retest in 2-3 months age.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
How’d it turn out? Sounds like a decent combo. I haven’t used the Bronceado wrapper much myself.
It was ok, I need to slip some ligero in there. Flavors were good to start then kind of became muted. Smooth but maybe in the second half I could go with a piloto ligero strip too...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which vendor did you get the broadleaf from and how do you like it? It was my go-to wrapper way back when and I have the itch to use it again
I picked up from L.O. The CT BL wrapper when it was posted as such & the CT 2LS binder. Both are fantastic imho! However, a pound of each gets eaten up fast… even with being able to pull 2 binders or wrappers out of each 1/2 leaf. I’m completely out of the binder and down to the last few “wrapper” leaves myself. I’m in a little conundrum… I need more and I’m noticing when I bought the “wrapper” classified leaves it was the same price per lb. as the current “Ungraded” CT BL. May just need to bite the bullet and pull out my sorting leaf pants. Lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up from L.O. The CT BL wrapper when it was posted as such & the CT 2LS binder. Both are fantastic imho! However, a pound of each gets eaten up fast… even with being able to pull 2 binders or wrappers out of each 1/2 leaf. I’m completely out of the binder and down to the last few “wrapper” leaves myself. I’m in a little conundrum… I need more and I’m noticing when I bought the “wrapper” classified leaves it was the same price per lb. as the current “Ungraded” CT BL. May just need to bite the bullet and pull out my sorting leaf pants. Lol
I’ve also been eyeing up some PA BL from both WLT & LO, since it seems readily available. I personally like how both Broadleaf’s give blends that Oomph! It adds either in a fuller richness as a binder or wrapper, but sprinkling it in some other blends as a condiment, adds a nice touch as well.

Side note: Is it just me or does it seem like inventory levels at both LO & WLT haven’t been replenished for awhile now?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I’ve also been eyeing up some PA BL from both WLT & LO, since it seems readily available. I personally like how both Broadleaf’s give blends that Oomph! It adds either in a fuller richness as a binder or wrapper, but sprinkling it in some other blends as a condiment, adds a nice touch as well.

Side note: Is it just me or does it seem like inventory levels at both LO & WLT haven’t been replenished for awhile now?
I would go back and forth between CTBL and PABL. I tended to gravitate more towards PABL but agree that 1lb tends to go quick. I managed to grab some FXSmith PABL from [mention]webmost [/mention] a few years back and that stuff was outstanding and thinner than most to help with combustion issues with other thicker leaves I would use. I’ll have to grab some samples from LO also and see what current inventory is like

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go back and forth between CTBL and PABL. I tended to gravitate more towards PABL but agree that 1lb tends to go quick. I managed to grab some FXSmith PABL from [mention]webmost [/mention] a few years back and that stuff was outstanding and thinner than most to help with combustion issues with other thicker leaves I would use. I’ll have to grab some samples from LO also and see what current inventory is like
I haven’t tried any of the PA stuff over at LO, outside of a sample binder when I first started rolling. I wonder how the PA compares between the 2 retailers… I do like the CV PA binder at WLT … However, that’s Dominican as well.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This is one big T-13 leaf with a Dominican seco, half of which was used as binder. Wrapped in Ec Bronceado 20220212_134905.jpg

It sat in my 46 rg mold while I showered, and is about 4.5 inches if you exclude the loose parts on the foot.
Now that it's about 10 minutes old, I'm gonna spark it up and do some shop work.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is one big T-13 leaf with a Dominican seco, half of which was used as binder. Wrapped in Ec Bronceado View attachment 169009

It sat in my 46 rg mold while I showered, and is about 4.5 inches if you exclude the loose parts on the foot.
Now that it's about 10 minutes old, I'm gonna spark it up and do some shop work.
You should smoke it BEFORE you shower. You leave it sitting around that long it'll go into a sick period and then you'll have to wait several hours before it's good again.