What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Next batch of Nicaraguan Puros
Are you finding any that turn out sweet?
My goal when I made Nic puros wasn't sweet, but the leaf I had made a crazy sweet smoke.
It was older leaf, "aged Nicaraguan seco" I think some Jalapa leaf, can't remember the third leaf...bound in Nic CT binder.
I will look back and see if I can find that recipe...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you finding any that turn out sweet?
My goal when I made Nic puros wasn't sweet, but the leaf I had made a crazy sweet smoke.
It was older leaf, "aged Nicaraguan seco" I think some Jalapa leaf, can't remember the third leaf...bound in Nic CT binder.
I will look back and see if I can find that recipe...
Hey [mention]Jim D [/mention] ! I’ll have to circle back and let you know! Hopefully, will be able to try 1 this weekend. Have some buddies interested in trying as well. So, I should be able to get a few opinions. Will let you know how they turn out. My 4x batches of 10 + various left over “scrap sticks” consisted of:

Wrappers: LO Nic CT & LO Nic

Binder: LO Nic

Filler:
#1= 1x LO Nic Estelí Ligero
2x LO Nic Jalapa Viso
1x WLT Nic Condega 2015 Seco

#2= 1x LO Nic Jalapa Ligero
2x WLT Nic Condega Viso
1x LO Nic Estelí Seco

#3= 1x WLT Nic Condega Ligero
2x LO Jalapa Viso
1x LO Nic Estelí Seco

#4= 1x LO Nic Estelí Ligero
2x WLT Nic Condega Viso
1x LO Nic Jalapa Seco

All put in a 50 ring gauge mold, outside of scrap sticks I rolled by hand and bound with newspaper strip.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Umpteen years ago now, I installed a one-way window on the North side of the garage. It's one-way cause it's glazed with witness glass. It also has a wide sill, hanging feeders, and a flower bed. It faces North cause if it didn't the mirror would blind a neighbor.

Monday, our fat cardinal dropped by, first time this year. He hates his rival in the mirror. He is determined that little home wrecker is not about to flirt with his drab gal. He will jump round the sill battling that fierce foe no matter how his the interloper ducks and dodges. Alas, the bird in the mirror is just as stubborn as the one on the sill.

From this annual event I deduced that Spring is on the way. And so I stood in the flower bed and cut short my Winter locks and beard, so that birds would have stuff to line their nests. I had been trying to achieve a Santa look; but our new puppy insisted on chawing my beard off short. The RedHead even asked me how beard hairs arrived in her Bichon's turds.

So. Spring will thaw my porch enough for me to set out here working on my too vast novel. A thawed porch gives me a place to smoke test rolls. Meaning that I can now come up with some new blends. Lack of new blends has stifled my rolling for a month or so.

Here's the first quickie:

Two leaves Esteli viso, one half leaf Piloto, bound in Vuelta Abajo, wrapped in Mata, Goddamned yummy, if I say so myself. Ash whiter than my Santa beard; smoke wispier than my white locks.

I only wish I could score more Esteli. It is worlds ahead of the Condega, in my estimation. Anyone have Esteli viso or seco they are willing to part with, I'll swap for what you want, two for one.

A passable Malbec, a great gar, an electric heater, a fascinating project.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umpteen years ago now, I installed a one-way window on the North side of the garage. It's one-way cause it's glazed with witness glass. It also has a wide sill, hanging feeders, and a flower bed. It faces North cause if it didn't the mirror would blind a neighbor.

Monday, our fat cardinal dropped by, first time this year. He hates his rival in the mirror. He is determined that little home wrecker is not about to flirt with his drab gal. He will jump round the sill battling that fierce foe no matter how his the interloper ducks and dodges. Alas, the bird in the mirror is just as stubborn as the one on the sill.

From this annual event I deduced that Spring is on the way. And so I stood in the flower bed and cut short my Winter locks and beard, so that birds would have stuff to line their nests. I had been trying to achieve a Santa look; but our new puppy insisted on chawing my beard off short. The RedHead even asked me how beard hairs arrived in her Bichon's turds.

So. Spring will thaw my porch enough for me to set out here working on my too vast novel. A thawed porch gives me a place to smoke test rolls. Meaning that I can now come up with some new blends. Lack of new blends has stifled my rolling for a month or so.

View attachment 169697

Two leaves Esteli viso, one half leaf Piloto, bound in Vuelta Abajo, wrapped in Mata, Goddamned yummy, if I say so myself. Ash whiter than my Santa beard; smoke wispier than my white locks.

I only wish I could score more Esteli. It is worlds ahead of the Condega, in my estimation. Anyone have Esteli viso or seco they are willing to part with, I'll swap for what you want, two for one.

I’d be one of the first in line here [mention]webmost [/mention] . I used up all my Estelí Ligero & down to 1/4 lb ish of Estelí Seco on these batches of Nicaraguan Puros. I’m in need of more myself. Seems like inventory isn’t replenishing at both places on a lot of leaf types. If there’s other leaf your looking for, I may be able to assist there!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

View attachment 169697

Is there such thing as an unpassable Malbec?

Wine, as in inalienable human right, is government supported in Argentina, where I lived. They obviously have some passable Malbec down there. 30 cents a bottle, in 2008. 46 cents for the primo shit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few bound up today. Attempting to knock off a Davidoff “The Late Hour”. I know it won’t taste the same, but hopeful that some great and complex flavors come out, have a decent burn, and not plug up. This is batch 1 of 2 of filler variations I’m attempting.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wuzzinit?
Howdya figure what's in Late Hour?
So, while diggin through a few cigar websites what eluded to the Blend being:

W: Ecuadorian Habano Oscuro
B: Mex S.A.
F: Nic Condega Viso (Scotch Barrel Aged)
Dom. Olor Viso
Piloto Seco
San Vicente Viso
Nic Estelí Viso

I just kinda went down the line to see what is available and what I had. The Scotch Barrel Aged leaf… Nope. Definitely don’t have that available. Interesting thought to aged some leaf though.

My thoughts and k.o. Attempts

W: EC Habano Corona/ EC Maduro (both WLT)
B: Mex S.A. Viso (LO)
F: Variation #1
(1 whole leaf per)
-Nic Condega Viso (WLT)
-Dom Olor Ligero (WLT)
-Dom Piloto Cubano Seco (WLT)
-Dom Rene Viso (WLT)
-Nic Estelí Seco (LO)

Variation #2
(1 whole leaf per)
-Nic Condega Viso (WLT)
-Dom Olor Seco (LO)