What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Gave the stogie habit a bit of a break, but tonight I'm staying up to switch into working night shift so...
20220504_234519.jpg20220504_234636.jpg20220504_234659.jpg
This 46rg is going to burn!
Its all WLT, 1 leaf each corojo ligero, viso, seco. Bound by both halves of a Nicaraguan Habano seco, and wrapped in Ecuadorian Maduro.
Since I'm trying to stay up late (to be able to sleep in tomorrow) no booze with this one...

I like keeping the foot loose to make it easy to light. The rest of the body is tight/firm.

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gave the stogie habit a bit of a break, but tonight I'm staying up to switch into working night shift so...
View attachment 171722View attachment 171723View attachment 171724
This 46rg is going to burn!
Its all WLT, 1 leaf each corojo ligero, viso, seco. Bound by both halves of a Nicaraguan Habano seco, and wrapped in Ecuadorian Maduro.
Since I'm trying to stay up late (to be able to sleep in tomorrow) no booze with this one...

I like keeping the foot loose to make it easy to light. The rest of the body is tight/firm.
Nice looking stick. I literally have that exact pen right in front of me right now: Uni-Ball Signo 207. My fave pen.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
2nd attempts, got a bit confused with the flag and cap. How long do I rest before smoking? A few weeks to dry then move to the humidor?
Depends on how wet they were when you made them. I tend to only make a couple when I want one or two so usually smoke it right off the table. If I let it sit more than 3 days, it gets a bit off target, but then a few weeks later, its good or better again. Mine don't usually live that long. :LOL:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how wet they were when you made them. I tend to only make a couple when I want one or two so usually smoke it right off the table. If I let it sit more than 3 days, it gets a bit off target, but then a few weeks later, its good or better again. Mine don't usually live that long. :LOL:
Ok, good to know. Will light one up this evening.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some test Nicaraguan Blends
Wrappers

Aripiraca
PA ligero
Matafina
Mexican San Andreas
How’s that Arapiraca to work with compared to the Mata Fina? Anything that really stands out between the 2? I’ve worked with the Cubra Viso a little bit in the past and liked it. Was pretty dark overall in my opinion.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s that Arapiraca to work with compared to the Mata Fina? Anything that really stands out between the 2? I’ve worked with the Cubra Viso a little bit in the past and liked it. Was pretty dark overall in my opinion.
Well I just smoked one of the Arapiraca cigars (made 2) and it didn't work well with that particular blend of all Esteli filler but its was not the fault of the wrapper. The aroma and flavor of the wrapper was excellent though giving off a very aromatic smell and slight sweet barnyardy taste. I'm sure it would go great with a filler containing some Condega . I'll try the Matafina soon and report back.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to try the Cubra but opted to do a double of the Arapiraca. I’ll have to do try it soon. Do you remember what types of flavour you got from it? When I made puros a long time ago I remember Aripiraca being as aforementioned Barnyard, Matafina was typical maduro and some pepper and Cubra was a bit bitter, will definitely need to retry that one.