What's new

PToM Review - Pipe Tobacco of the Month - Master Thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a noob piper, I have no vote, because I've only tried four different blends, and three of them were a B&M blend, the other was Carter Hall. I'm 6 days into May and haven't spent my cigar/pipe money yet. Hopefully everyone picks something good that I can get my grubby little hands on.
I'm pretty new also, about 6 months but I have tried a lot. I would recommend looking into. The Frog Morton for sure . Just my 2 cents

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I'm pretty new also, about 6 months but I have tried a lot. I would recommend looking into. The Frog Morton for sure . Just my 2 cents
As someone who is also about 2 weeks in (I started, and then stopped, 6 months ago, but started really last week), the Frog Morton is awesome. I also really like Dunhill Early Morning Pipe. So many to try...

That said, I'm not voting (I don't know enough to have even a marginally formed opinion), but excited to see what y'all choose.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As someone who is also about 2 weeks in (I started, and then stopped, 6 months ago, but started really last week), the Frog Morton is awesome. I also really like Dunhill Early Morning Pipe. So many to try...

That said, I'm not voting (I don't know enough to have even a marginally formed opinion), but excited to see what y'all choose.
I've got some EMP that I haven't tried yet. I've heard great things about Frog, and will likely buy the sampler from Pipes and Cigars in the somewhat near future. I've got some other samples I wanted to get through first, though. Maybe we should nominate Frog Morton to give me an excuse to purchase that sampler....

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Fair enough...I want an excuse to try something new to me (probably not new to all of you). I'd vote for anything not ribbon cut. I've been looking to try Navy Rolls, Plug, etc. Since I "need" to vote, how about GL Pease Gaslight. I've heard some good things about it and it's a plug.

Obviously, I'm open to whatever anyone else wants to choose. There's a 90%+ it will be new to me.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough...I want an excuse to try something new to me (probably not new to all of you). I'd vote for anything not ribbon cut. I've been looking to try Navy Rolls, Plug, etc. Since I "need" to vote, how about GL Pease Gaslight. I've heard some good things about it and it's a plug.

Obviously, I'm open to whatever anyone else wants to choose. There's a 90%+ it will be new to me.
Actually, Gaslight was our March PToM:
http://www.botl.org/threads/g-l-pease-gaslight-ptom-mar-2015-pipe-tobacco-of-the-month.79337/
But you should still smoke it and go leave your review! (y)
You really should. It's a great smoke!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Another month has slipped by. I need to get back in the swing of things, getting this in motion BEFORE the month starts, so with that in mind...

It's that time again! We're looking for suggestions for the BOTL June Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
Let us know what you think our June PToM should be:
  • Do you have something you've had your eye on, just looking for a reason to buy? Tell us now!
  • Got something you love and think everyone else should try? Speak up!
  • Do you have any thoughts on something someone else has already recommended? We want to hear that, too!
The poll will consist of choices between different tobacco styles/blends; Aromatic, Virginia, Latakia/English, Perique, and Burley
The winning baccy from that poll will be crowned our June PToM, then we'll all light up and review it together! (y)

We'll leave it open for nominations until Friday, then I'll build a poll from that and fill in any gaps with suggestions from prior months that haven't been used yet.
Many thanks!
Clint

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Orlick Dark Strong Kentucky (though I might biases since I bought a couple tins today!). But seriously, I've heard good things. Also wouldn't mind trying something cases with booze (whiskey or rum) since I haven't done so yet.