What's new

PToM Review - Pipe Tobacco of the Month - Master Thread

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
It's that time again! We're looking for suggestions for the BOTL April Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
At the recommendation of @rdomfoto we're going to do a month of "Drugstore Tobacco"
Do you have a drugstore brand that's an old favorite? Some fond memories of something your grandfather smoked?
Let us know what you think our April "Drugstore" PToM should be.

We'll do suggestions for a couple days, then I'll build a poll from that this weekend to decide our winner.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Alright - this could be fun!

Here are a few ideas:
  • Sail Natural (non-aro)
  • Smoker's Pride Natural (non-aro)
  • John Bull Royal English (English)
  • Captain Black Royal (aro)
  • Half and Half

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
It's that time again! We're looking for suggestions for the BOTL May Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
Let us know what you think our May PToM should be:
  • Do you have something you've had your eye on, just looking for a reason to buy? Tell us now!
  • Got something you love and think everyone else should try? Speak up!
  • Do you have any thoughts on something someone else has already recommended? We want to hear that, too!
The poll will consist of choices between different tobacco styles/blends; Aromatic, Virginia, Latakia/English, Perique, Burley, & Cavendish
The winning baccy from that poll will be crowned our May PToM, then we'll all light up and review it together! (y)

With many pipers attention turned toward Chicago this weekend, we'll leave it open for nominations through into early next week, then I'll build a poll from that and fill in any gaps with suggestions from prior months that haven't been used yet.
I was really hoping to get caught up on my review raffle drawings before the month's end, but I've been slammed with work... AND prepping a last-minute trip to Chicago with wifey for our anniversary! (with a sideline to the Pipe Show for a bit, of course - *EXCITED*) That said, I'll wrap those up middle of next week when we get in to the polling for May. Keep the reviews coming, gents. You've been great!
Many thanks!
Clint

Last edited: