What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Don always says "soon".
He was finally honest with me. He has no idea when we'll get the filler mata fina, but he has a shipping notification on the binder grade. I'll buy a pound when it gets in and see if it compares (yada, yada, new grade, different batch, likely different year... we'll see :( )

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just happen to be bunching two all-Olor robustos right now. I just got a sample of the ligero and haven't used it before. I use the seco for binder: so I'm using non-binder-graded olor for the filler, and then the olor ligero. I'll wrap one in CT Shade and the other in dark habano and smoke'em....

As for the Larry story, no disrespect but I think using FX Smith CT Shade as "what shade should look like" is shooting low in terms of size and fragility. He should see some Jorge CT Shade. Gigantar and super stretchy. But of course then he'd have to shell out $75.

Yeah, the shippers are the winners in all of this. It's amazing.
It's true. Used to be able to get it with giant stretchy leaves. First batch I got from FX years ago was 30" leaves. At this point, you are lucky to get any at all. CT is all but toast. A mere hundred and some acres growing shade last year. I talked to a farmer in CT who detailed the labor problems. And the state min wage still climbing. Everything getting sold to developers. The EC shade is big and stretchy; I just wish it wasn't so dark and tasted more like CT shade. I can stomach the Ec Hab seco shade; the viso and ligero is not for me; neither one is yellow.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So Dominican56 sends me this goodness:

No, not the Indian racing flag. I mean the gar leaf. LO Dom Olor, both seco and ligero; with a bag of WLT Flojo as well. I am mister stash right now. Thanks. I am truly stashed to the max. Stashmaster. Randy warned me he had bugs, so I stuffed these bags in the freezer right after taking this pic. First time I ever froze baccy.

Tomorrow I'm shooting out a bag of FX CT that Larry Butcher asked for. It's in the conditioner now. I find that fact very amusing, don't you? It's as tho I got on the phone with my bud Tapatok the Eskimo, asking him about ice, & he asks me to send him some snow for his igloo. Larry wants to grow shade this year, so he wants to know what finished CT shade should look & act like. More power to him. Lotta damn work, that farming. I have a box of Lorenzo Carnicero gars round here somewhere. I prolly ought to send him a fistful with the leaf, since they're named after him.

The only one who makes out good in this scenario is the mail man.

Tavvauvutit
Sent from my iGlue using Tapatok
Incidentally, the FloJo was frozen for a week or so before I sent it to you. It went directly from the freezer to the shipping box. More freezing can't hurt.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the one I saw was black I think. Maybe 1/16 long and half as wide. could have been 3/32 long, can't recall. The one I saw in the sweet leaf was stuck to the main stem of a leaf. I shook it off and it was dead but I froze the bag for a week before sending it off to you.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the one I saw was black I think. Maybe 1/16 long and half as wide. could have been 3/32 long, can't recall. The one I saw in the sweet leaf was stuck to the main stem of a leaf. I shook it off and it was dead but I froze the bag for a week before sending it off to you.

No, it wasn't yours. It was they guy who sent me the Black Mammoth. I spotted one bug go RACING across the box flap. Handball gives you lightning hands, so I was able to smear him in a jiff. Then I spotted some bodies among the leaf. The odd thing is, his leaf was stored out in a shed for years where it should have hit freezing temps winter after winter. It's way too much leaf to shove it all in the freezer. I don't need wildlife rooting round my major stash here.

How long does leaf have to freeze to kill the little bastids?

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
No, it wasn't yours. It was they guy who sent me the Black Mammoth. I spotted one bug go RACING across the box flap. Handball gives you lightning hands, so I was able to smear him in a jiff. Then I spotted some bodies among the leaf. The odd thing is, his leaf was stored out in a shed for years where it should have hit freezing temps winter after winter. It's way too much leaf to shove it all in the freezer. I don't need wildlife rooting round my major stash here.

2-3 days

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
2-3 days

I'm sure it's been frozen two or three days at a whack in Ohio where it was stored. So how they remain alive ... it's baffling. My new Eskimo friend Tapatok says even he gets beetles in his leaf. So perhaps they've developed anti-freeze in their blood, like antarctic fishies. Regardless, I gotta get rid of them. Might ship 'em back; might chuck 'em. Can't have them around.

Sent from my iGloo using Tapatok

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me, or does it seems like our leaf suppliers are running low lately? I was just on LO and a lot of leaf types are sold out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me, or does it seems like our leaf suppliers are running low lately? I was just on LO and a lot of leaf types are sold out.
I hope their business is good and that they're moving product out...good for them. Still plenty of good leaf from which to choose.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

The answer.. it depends on the temperature and what you're trying to kill.
https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/cigar-pests.pdf