What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use the 2006 CT shade from wlt? It's the cheaper shade wrapper. It says it's just a smaller leaf but wondering if it's worth getting or better just to spend the extra $20 on the other shade.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Anyone use the 2006 CT shade from wlt? It's the cheaper shade wrapper. It says it's just a smaller leaf but wondering if it's worth getting or better just to spend the extra $20 on the other shade.
Very small, some of it is poor quality with holes. Some of it is a nightmare to work with because it tears and shreds. But it's really light weight so you get a ton of leaves per pound. Plus the flavor is beautiful (when you get it on the bunch...)

I'd say worth it if you don't mind a tedious sorting process and always casing an extra leaf or two when wrapping

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I cannot compare to the more expensive selection but agree with everything @Hopduro said. It does smell wonderful and feels velvety smooth, it just cannot be rushed like other leaf allows us to. I've not tried the more expensive CT shade.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any experience with WLT Nicaragua Criollo 98 Rosado Wrapper, 1lb.? I'm curious about the flavor. The pic looks great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Any experience with WLT Nicaragua Criollo 98 Rosado Wrapper, 1lb.? I'm curious about the flavor. The pic looks great.

Some of us hate it. Some, apparently, love it. That is the nature of this forum. If you express an idea or opinion, someone will express the diametrically opposed idea/opinion within 3 minutes. Therefore the function of this forum is not info but rather infotainment.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of us hate it. Some, apparently, love it. That is the nature of this forum. If you express an idea or opinion, someone will express the diametrically opposed idea/opinion within 3 minutes. Therefore the function of this forum is not info but rather infotainment.
I think i can figure out what side of that coin youre on lol

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Here it is, 2 T13, 1 Rene Seco. BMF binder and Ecuadorian seco wrapped. Ready to go to work
20190411_170026.jpg
This was a rush job....probably shouldn't post a pic of the non-parallel sides but it didn't get more than 10 minutes in a paper strip mold....

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'll have to make a Rene seco cheroot to see what it brings alone...

Edit:
Alright, I've got 2 Rene seco leaves shaped into a small cheroot, wrapped in a newspaper strip. I'll smoke that on the way to work later today. (Minus the paper!)
I also have one t13 and one Rene seco in a baggie with a touch of moisture to bunch when I get up. I'll wrap it before work and have that one on the way home.
No Mata fina in there to confuse things. Just a pure Rene seco, and T13 viso Rene seco combo to compare.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
After trying 4 different wrappers I think a seco is going to be my wrapper of choice!

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk
Every once in a while, you'll find a binder or filler leaf that is nice enough to use as a wrapper. Your staple wrapper leaf will help your consistency while getting the hang of it and the different nice leaf you occasionally find will give some variation, for science...