What's new

Sobriety Thread

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
View attachment 93861
Yes I too am in recovery.
Thought I would share my favorite Zippo.
Hey this guy has his address on his profile lol lol lol! Nice lighter. I used to get my anniversary coin glued on my Zippo every year, but I got tired of buying new Zippos all the time lol.

Love, LoRoK.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I learned something the other day about the importance of service, recovery and honesty. I've got two great sponsors (one of them is new to the Brotherhood @Discglide ). They took two hours out of their day to help me remove some large trees from my property. Very grateful for this. (y) Further proof that a life well-lived isn't about me; it's about usefulness to others.

This *should* have been obvious to me at this stage of my life. But looking back on my drinking career, the only times I *truly* wanted to help someone came with an ulterior motive. For example, I'd help my wife with something in the morning -- just enough to keep her off my back, so I could drink later in the day. If I helped someone move, I expected a pat on the back. And I always used get-togethers with friends as an excuse to drink. The 3rd Step Prayer has been helpful in recognizing my dishonesty and manipulation. Praying today that my self-centeredness fades, so I can be of genuine service to others.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I learned something the other day about the importance of service, recovery and honesty. I've got two great sponsors (one of them is new to the Brotherhood @Discglide ). They took two hours out of their day to help me remove some large trees from my property. Very grateful for this. (y) Further proof that a life well-lived isn't about me; it's about usefulness to others.

This *should* have been obvious to me at this stage of my life. But looking back on my drinking career, the only times I *truly* wanted to help someone came with an ulterior motive. For example, I'd help my wife with something in the morning -- just enough to keep her off my back, so I could drink later in the day. If I helped someone move, I expected a pat on the back. And I always used get-togethers with friends as an excuse to drink. The 3rd Step Prayer has been helpful in recognizing my dishonesty and manipulation. Praying today that my self-centeredness fades, so I can be of genuine service to others.
Selfish and self centered, that's what I was 100% of the time before sobriety. Get use to these lessons as you progress in your own sobriety. That you recognized it shows that your are active in your own recovery. Proud of you brother. Keep up the good work.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Glad everyone is doing good, or at least doing OK, and our sobriety is intact. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Don't hesitate to hit me up if drinking starts to seem like a good idea.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Glad everyone is doing good, or at least doing OK, and our sobriety is intact. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Don't hesitate to hit me up if drinking starts to seem like a good idea.
Likewise brother. And I hope you are doing well!! (Since you didn't say haha)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Reading through the past posts is a great reminder of what life was like, what happened and how it is today. I really like the encouragement I hear in many of the posts. I also read uncertainty in others. I like to remind myself often that I have today, just today to work on. That is how it was on day one many years ago and remains today. If I look to far into the future I get lost in the what ifs. I can remember telling my sponsor in my first month of sobriety that I would probably at least toast my daughter with champagne at her wedding. He smiled and asked, how old is your daughter? Ten. Then he gave me the best advice I have ever received. That day seems to be a long ways in the future and who knows what the day will bring. Lets focus on today and let that be enough. Lets take it a day at a time and let the future roll out in Gods hands. That advice has kept me sober each day through many moves around the country, surgery, job losses, and finally the passing of my son. Each day is a blessing. Each day is granted if you only ask. Focus on today and let your higher power deal with tomorrow. It works.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Reading through the past posts is a great reminder of what life was like, what happened and how it is today. I really like the encouragement I hear in many of the posts. I also read uncertainty in others. I like to remind myself often that I have today, just today to work on. That is how it was on day one many years ago and remains today. If I look to far into the future I get lost in the what ifs. I can remember telling my sponsor in my first month of sobriety that I would probably at least toast my daughter with champagne at her wedding. He smiled and asked, how old is your daughter? Ten. Then he gave me the best advice I have ever received. That day seems to be a long ways in the future and who knows what the day will bring. Lets focus on today and let that be enough. Lets take it a day at a time and let the future roll out in Gods hands. That advice has kept me sober each day through many moves around the country, surgery, job losses, and finally the passing of my son. Each day is a blessing. Each day is granted if you only ask. Focus on today and let your higher power deal with tomorrow. It works.
Thank you for posting this. It is a great reminder that we only have today. Every day you wake up is a blessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro