What's new

The "Official Show Your Coolidor" Thread

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was gonna cave. Thanks to the debil site, I'll outgrow my Tupperdor by Friday. So I went to my local B&M, bought a couple more empty boxes (and maybe a cigar or two...) then to Walmart to buy the Igloo Marine 48qt cooler I looked at on Friday ($25), some Mimi litter, and a pair of panty hose. Friday, my local Walmart had 5 of those in stock. I was going to do the dollar bill test and take the best one. Today, they had none.

So I went to another Walmart (near another cigar store - scored a CoM Cro Magnon Mode 5). Again, none of the coolers. She Who Must Be Obeyed agrees with the cooler concept, I just can't find the one I want. Tomorrow I hope to hit the Walmart one town over while on my lunch break.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dear BOTL -

I hold you personally responsible for what comes next.

Found the Marine coolers today. None of them passed the dollar bill test. This one did. Currently washed and sitting on the deck to dry. Need some stickers to liven it up, but it's starting.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
congrats Brother, don't use the panty hose for your littler just get like a small sandwitch tuperware dish and fill it about 3/4 full should be enough for your cooler

the panty hose gets dust with Kitty litter

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Reading this thread is pretty dangerous or helpful, depending on how you look at it. Read somewhere earlier in the thread about it being top heavy. Are you all experiencing the same type of problem?
I've had zero issues with top heaviness, pretty equally distributed throughout the cooler.
Agreed. I will say I have to be careful opening the door as the catch is stronger than the cooler is heavy.
+1.

I found that the cooler is front heavy when the door is open and I do have to be careful opening the door. So I just ran a thin guy wire from the top handle to a small eye bolt anchored in the wall.

Problem solved.
Here's an update of mine it is filling up fast

I just flipped the bottom handle out, and seems to set perfect not top heavy at all and the door seems to open up nicely

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
congrats Brother, don't use the panty hose for your littler just get like a small sandwitch tuperware dish and fill it about 3/4 full should be enough for your cooler

the panty hose gets dust with Kitty litter
Cool, I will keep that in mind. I appreciate the tip.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
This is my tray in a 150qt Colman that failed the dollar bill test, it's 10x10 and has 1inch of KL in it and my Coolidor has been a perfect 64% for 2 months without having to add any water to it

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I know a lot of you guys use plastic trays for the very bottom of the 150qt, as do I, but I was looking for a larger tray for the very bottom and could not find anything as wide as Id like. I have 2 coffins as well, 1 on middle shelf and 1 on top shelf, but still having lil trouble getting to 65-67. Thats also with 2 small plastic food containers on very bottom with KL. I picked up a aluminum cake pan tray to swap the 2 lil plastic trays I have on the bottom. I like how they are not "deep" and have great amount of "surface area". My question is would the Aluminum tray cause any problems inside the coolidor ?
I don't see why it would hurt anything

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dear BOTL -

I hold you personally responsible for what comes next.

Found the Marine coolers today. None of them passed the dollar bill test. This one did. Currently washed and sitting on the deck to dry. Need some stickers to liven it up, but it's starting.
Any pics of the inside? I was looking at the 150 and it's pretty big. But everyone says oh bigger than what u think and I agree. I'm at max capacity that I have to smoke down. It's only been 2 months. Ugh! Haha

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No pics of the inside yet, I'll update in a couple days. Although it's going to look pretty pitiful in there with the one box of singles I've accumulated thus far....back to the devil site I guess.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Any pics of the inside? I was looking at the 150 and it's pretty big. But everyone says oh bigger than what u think and I agree. I'm at max capacity that I have to smoke down. It's only been 2 months. Ugh! Haha
Best advice is always go as big as your budget will allow. This is a different igloo 48 than what bassman got but should give you a relative idea of what you can store inside.
Coolidor.jpg On top is a custom deep drawer by forest to hold bundle sticks i get, and the middle shelf just some cedar pieces i got off ebay. I have 10 boxes in there now and have space to add 3 more boxes.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Badass setup. I was debating between coolidor n wineador for a while but with the money I save on a coolidor, that'll just go to filling it up! Gotta see the 150 in person tho.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So here we go.

I've got a lot of hobbies (competitive shooting, fly fishing, kayaking, guitar playing). The companies I buy stuff from frequently add a sticker to the box during shipping. I'm always at a loss for what to do with the stickers. I decided my new blue Igloo wasn't aesthetically pleasing, so it became a sticker target.

I even included a Glock sticker I was given. I put that one on the bottom of the cooler, where it belongs. I'm leaving the top relatively open hoping I can pick up some cigar-related stickers somewhere, or possibly for a Yeti Cooler sticker as a joke.

There was a question about the inside - here's the initial loading with some empty boxes and my KL setup. The box on top is a Torpedo-sized box.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Looks good and has slots for shelves if you choose. IMO you only need one of those kl containers but I use a small fan so maybe you do hehe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So here we go.

I've got a lot of hobbies (competitive shooting, fly fishing, kayaking, guitar playing). The companies I buy stuff from frequently add a sticker to the box during shipping. I'm always at a loss for what to do with the stickers. I decided my new blue Igloo wasn't aesthetically pleasing, so it became a sticker target.

I even included a Glock sticker I was given. I put that one on the bottom of the cooler, where it belongs. I'm leaving the top relatively open hoping I can pick up some cigar-related stickers somewhere, or possibly for a Yeti Cooler sticker as a joke.

There was a question about the inside - here's the initial loading with some empty boxes and my KL setup. The box on top is a Torpedo-sized box.

Lot of room left in that cooler. Have fun filler it up.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm now experiencing an interesting problem. My coolerdor is hanging around 67 - 68%, and won't come down. At one point I had a couple of Boveda 65% in with the boxes and kitty litter. I've pulled the Bovedas out, and I've now started to leave the lid open overnight to bring the humidity down, but it's still holding in there. Should I wedge the lid open slightly to bring this down?