What's new

Today's Smoke - 2022

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
CLE Christian Eiroa Signature Series Robusto

The draw is so open that a normal puff over heats the cigar. There are some nice spices with a peppery zing and a rich earthy tobacco taste. The pepper does down pretty quick and you get cedar, earth, and tobacco with a bit of tartness popping in and out.

It isn't cubanesque when compared to modern Cuban cigars. For some reason, it does make me think of a cigar Cuban exiles would have been smoking in 1970 as they tried to recreate what they had lost.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Principle Cigars Bad Principles Magnum 6x54

Going through the first third I would call this a really good $6 cigar. I would say it starts off with barnyard, chocolate, and some earthy espresso. What sells it is the aroma and balance. It is rare to see an inexpensive cigar attain balance without being one dimensional.

On the down side, the band came off while taking it out of the cellophane, it has a single cap, and it ain't pretty. Since it isn't really available widely on line in I would compare it more to what $6 gets you in a shop. So, yeah it seems fairly priced, but this profile isn't going to be for everyone.

Edit: About halfway through the second third and the flavors have become mostly cedar and leather with something akin to allspice. The burn has needed a touch up or two. Still a good $6 stick, but it seems (from the few reviews available) that I may have been lucky with construction and quality.

Final thoughts: After nubbing the cigar my only complaint is the wrapper. The thick veins seem to cause some burn issues and requires multiple touches to keep it even.

This is a very distinctive and unique offering for the price. It has a good balance and delivers a lot of nice flavors with four strong transitions to keep you from getting bored. The last third really shines as a bit of musty flavor comes in to highlight the aged tobaccos. Would it be an everyday smoke for me, probably not. If you want a less expensive option that really shows off aged Dominican flavors and careful blending, this stick shines. I would say it is worth a three pack sleeve to see what you think.

Last edited:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Evening, y'all. Hell of an enjoyable smoke here. Funny thing...I was referencing my notes for a few minutes to try and figure out who sent me this one so I could thank them, until I remembered that I bought it. :ROFLMAO: I'm so used to every "wow" cigar that I try being one that one of y'all sent me. Guess now and again my uncultured a** stumbles upon a winner on my own. OK no that's not entirely true, technically. @Rdelia posted about this sampler and that is the only reason I got this stick. See? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Evening, y'all. Hell of an enjoyable smoke here. Funny thing...I was referencing my notes for a few minutes to try and figure out who sent me this one so I could thank them, until I remembered that I bought it. :ROFLMAO: I'm so used to every "wow" cigar that I try being one that one of y'all sent me. Guess now and again my uncultured a** stumbles upon a winner on my own. OK no that's not entirely true, technically. @Rdelia posted about this sampler and that is the only reason I got this stick. See? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 171977

View attachment 171978
Good stuff! That is the only saka cigar I haven’t gotten my paws on yet! I hear it is the best one though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk